The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrew Scheer stepping down as Conservative Party leader/Which has morphed into the Gun Control thread

Mackcanuck

3 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Would have to pay me a couple mill to go there. Look at the visibility... is that actual smog? And how come the water isn’t clear?  Is the sewage directly dumped there? 

Vancouver treats their sewage .... but of course we do send alot of our crap to Alberta.

Of course you prefer to live in a hick town where you can live in a mobile home for 40 K and there are like 2 females living in a town of 5000 patch workers...

Whatever floats your boat. 

3 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Would have to pay me a couple mill to go there. Look at the visibility... is that actual smog? And how come the water isn’t clear?  Is the sewage directly dumped there? 

double post.

Edited by kingofsurrey

11 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Vancouver treats their sewage .... but of course we do send alot of our crap to Alberta.

Of course you prefer to live in a hick town where you can live in a mobile home for 40 K and there are like 2 females living in a town of 5000 patch workers...

Whatever floats your boat. 

You seem jealous. But at least we know what your dream life is. 

I’m surprised y’all send your crap anywhere you seem like the kind of guy who would enjoy smelling his own $&!# then say something like “mmmmmmmmm thaaaaanks”

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

You seem jealous. But at least we know what your dream life is. 

I’m surprised y’all send your crap anywhere you seem like the kind of guy who would enjoy smelling his own $&!# then say something like “mmmmmmmmm thaaaaanks”

Angry much ?   You chose your life.... now you just gotta make the best of it.  If you hate where you live... move back to beautiful BC lower mainland.

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Angry much ?   You chose your life.... now you just gotta make the best of it.  If you hate where you live... move back to beautiful BC lower mainland.

Never lived there. Never would. It’s gross there. The kootneys are beautiful, the okanagan is beautiful, the Cariboo is God’s country, the north coast is amazing, The peace country is absolutely breathtaking. 

Theres lots of BC that’s beautiful, but the 1 place you’ve been there is ugly. Can’t even compare to the second worst place in bc. 

• Cheers 1

On 12/12/2019 at 11:41 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm thinking @ForsbergTheGreat might throw his hat in the ring....

Doesn't pay enough...too many skeletons in my closet.....on second thought, if a racist that loves wearing blackface can get your voted, then I guess i should be ok.

but If I were...

First order of business. Become totalitarian.

Second order, remove reproductive rights. Only allowing people willing to pay a high birthing tax to have children.  This immediately curbs poverty, climate change, and the impending future unemployment surge that will be caused by automation. Elitist, sure but it's a sacrifice i'm willing to live with. 

Third order, burn down that dump hole surrey.

Forth order, give myself a raise.  

....he's already got the arrogance, condescension and general disdain for any opinion that doesn't mirror his own.....

There's too much stupid in this world. I'm all for informed and educated discussions with people that are capable of involving critical thinking.  The problem is too many people (left and right wing) don't have the intellect to be able to engage in something that like.  Instead you got the gullible sucks, who read a head line that supports their argument and immediately post without even reading the full cherry picked logic.  AKA continuing to post the link that actually references Mickey Mouse and Dumbledore as scientist.  haha

....and hey, he's already got "The Great" in his name....

Shocking, but my real name actually isn't ForsbergTheGreat.   

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Doesn't pay enough...too many skeletons in my closet.....on second thought, if a racist that loves wearing blackface can get your voted, then I guess i should be ok.

but If I were...

First order of business. Become totalitarian.

Second order, remove reproductive rights. Only allowing people willing to pay a high birthing tax to have children.  This immediately curbs poverty, climate change, and the impending future unemployment surge that will be caused by automation. Elitist, sure but it's a sacrifice i'm willing to live with. 

Third order, burn down that dump hole surrey.

Forth order, give myself a raise.  

There's too much stupid in this world. I'm all for informed and educated discussions with people that are capable of involving critical thinking.  The problem is too many people (left and right wing) don't have the intellect to be able to engage in something that like.  Instead you got the gullible sucks, who read a head line that supports their argument and immediately post without even reading the full cherry picked logic.  AKA continuing to post the link that actually references Mickey Mouse and Dumbledore as scientist.  haha

Shocking, but my real name actually isn't ForsbergTheGreat.   

I’d join your party. Those ideals are inevitable anyways. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Honestly most do. There’s very few of us left that remember back when Canada was worth a damn, 25 years ago. 

I wouldn’t even pick up my gun to defend “Canadians” who won’t even support the basic need of owning a gun.

Thankfully in this country we already have brave and selfless men and women who will defend their countrymen regardless of their opinions or their politics. I can only imagine the alternative with a bunch of trigger-happy buffoons running around with little to no training, missing the target and shooting each other in the process. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

is that really such a bad way of thinking? we're really not that different from the US to think it can't happen more up here, and if thats the "gun of choice" then whats the problem? 

Yes it is a bad way of thinking.  It's completely ignorant to think we and our laws are anything like the US. 

I know facts that disprove your opinion is what you claim as BS but  AR's and Semi Auto's including handguns are all restricted firearms,  This means in order to purchase one legally the person needs to go through a series of hoops.  Hoops such obtaining your restricted PAL licences by completing a two day course that teaches use, full background check including conversation with people that know you about your temper, obviously not having a criminal record but also having it checked daily, being part of a gun club, only using and transporting your firearm to and from gun club.

Here read this, you might learn a thing or two.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/getting-an-ar-15-style-rifle-is-much-harder-in-canada-than-the-u-s-1.2945990

And then add on the firearm laws such as having a maximum magazine capacity of 5 rounds.  

https://gundebate.ca/magazine-capacity/

Or the fact that there have been only 2 incidents involving a AR-15 in the Canada in the last 20 years.  Heck even in the states Ar15's truly only represent a very small fraction of the total gun deaths.

But yes, we are so very close to being on the verge of becoming the next USA.....:picard:

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yes it is a bad way of thinking.  It's completely ignorant to think we and our laws are anything like the US. 

I know facts that disprove your opinion is what you claim as BS but  AR's and Semi Auto's including handguns are all restricted firearms,  This means in order to purchase one legally the person needs to go through a series of hoops.  Hoops such obtaining your restricted PAL licences by completing a two day course that teaches use, full background check including conversation with people that know you about your temper, obviously not having a criminal record but also having it checked daily, being part of a gun club, only using and transporting your firearm to and from gun club.

Here read this, you might learn a thing or two.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/getting-an-ar-15-style-rifle-is-much-harder-in-canada-than-the-u-s-1.2945990

And then add on the firearm laws such as having a maximum magazine capacity of 5 rounds.  

https://gundebate.ca/magazine-capacity/

Or the fact that there have been only 2 incidents involving a AR-15 in the Canada in the last 20 years.  Heck even in the states Ar15's truly only represent a very small fraction of the total gun deaths.

But yes, we are so very close to being on the verge of becoming the next USA.....:picard:

Tasers and pepper spray are also prohibited weapons by those accounts too. Things are pretty strict here.

I don't think you can carry any weapons for self-defense here.

10 minutes ago, Toews said:

Thankfully in this country we already have brave and selfless men and women who will defend their countrymen regardless of their opinions or their politics. I can only imagine the alternative with a bunch of trigger-happy buffoons running around with little to no training, missing the target and shooting each other in the process. 

Yup I’m sure they’d stand up to the Russian army or Chinese or American armies if it ever came to that level of a conflict.... seriously though, is the Canadian army in the top 50 for size globally? 

58 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I want to know why you support taking them away? Don't attorneys usually use facts?

Well...they don't allow suped up sports car that are not street legal on the roads.  So maybe that's the AR-15 in the gun world?

You still have handguns, rifles, and shotguns (aka economy, sedans, minivans, etc).  So it's not like you are deprived of choice.

3 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Yup I’m sure they’d stand up to the Russian army or Chinese or American armies if it ever came to that level of a conflict.... seriously though, is the Canadian army in the top 50 for size globally? 

Lol.

That's the fault of all past governments (Liberals and Conservatives).  They nickel and dime the army, navy, and air force.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BPA said:

Well...they don't allow suped up sports car that are not street legal on the roads.  So maybe that's the AR-15 in the gun world?

Nope far from it. It's actually far less powerful than the 7mm I own. 

Just now, BPA said:

You still have handguns, rifles, and shotguns (aka economy, sedans, minivans, etc).  So it's not like you are deprived of choice.

I think the problem so many of you struggle explaining is the why?  Why are we going to spend 600 million on a buy back program without any statistical evidence in Canada showing that it's a real threat. But but the US...as I explained above we are not the US, nothing like it.

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I think the problem so many of you struggle explaining is the why?  Why are we going to spend 600 million on a buy back program without any statistical evidence in Canada showing that it's a real threat. But but the US...as I explained above we are not the US, nothing like it.

Edited by kingofsurrey

9 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

To be fair...

I haven't heard any recent gun problems that should prompt a buy back on the AR-15.

Perhaps a happy medium is to ban all future sales of the gun.  Gun belongs to current owner and cannot be transferred (aka passed to son).  It can be sold to the government via the buy back program.  This way, the gun will eventually be phased out in a generation or two.

Edited by BPA
Spelling