The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Missing Tags]Time to start looking for a new coaching staff

After watching game after game of Travis Green and staff continuously trying the same thing over and over again with the same results just Maybe it is time Benning should look at a making a change, as I have lost all confidence that the staff can make any in game adjustments or even pre game decisions that will lead to the playoffs. Watching Pety have to carry Brock in all zones night after night... well it's infuriating and getting old! At least Goldy got him the puck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Lindenforpresident said:

After watching game after game of Travis Green and staff continuously trying the same thing over and over again with the same results just Maybe it is time Benning should look at a making a change, as I have lost all confidence that the staff can make any in game adjustments or even pre game decisions that will lead to the playoffs. Watching Pety have to carry Brock in all zones night after night... well it's infuriating and getting old! At least Goldy got him the puck.

Petey does not carry Brock, what games have you been watching? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Some fans may want a new coach, but it’s nit happening.  Benning has hired two coaches, so if Green goes that means Aquilini will be cleaning house completely.  

Not true Travis has been given what he has asked for with the editions over the last two summer's. And in my opinion has not used those additions to the best of the abilities of the players.  It's on him.

4 minutes ago, Lindenforpresident said:

Not true Travis has been given what he has asked for with the editions over the last two summer's. And in my opinion has not used those additions to the best of the abilities of the players.  It's on him.

How many GM’s get to hire a third coach during and immediately after a rebuild?  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How many GM’s get to hire a third coach during and immediately after a rebuild?  

Again the post is just my opinion, from drafting on I don't have a lot of problems with what Jim Benning has done. I am bringing to question what Travis Greene is doing with what he has to work with at this time.

I'd love to see the Canucks be more aggressive, especially in the defensive zone. We have a good goalie (both actually), but it's time we trust him and play aggressive and allow him to bail us out. One play that sticks out from yesterday is when Myers laid down to try and take away both plays (the player driving and the pass), but ended up taking away neither. I would have liked him to stay up and take the pass across and let Marky deal with the other player one-on-one.

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Green is a today kind of coach. He's young, he understands younger players and how to communicate with them, he knows how to develop, etc. He's not going anywhere, unless the Canucks miss the next two playoffs.

This is just the regular season, if he isn't making the proper in game adjustments and getting the best players on the ice now good luck in the playoffs. Maybe he can hold their hands when they're golfing in the off season and give them all a participation ribbon. Barf!!!

3 minutes ago, Lindenforpresident said:

This is just the regular season, if he isn't making the proper in game adjustments and getting the best players on the ice now good luck in the playoffs. Maybe he can hold their hands when they're golfing in the off season and give them all a participation ribbon. Barf!!!

I don't care for the soft coach either, not sure if a team could win it all with one. I think it's a little concerning as well, that if a coach scolds a player, that player could "out" the coach in the media for mental abuse or something silly, just because they don't get along? (or in Eriksson's case, don't see eye to eye) The coach used to be the boss, and now it seems the players are in control. Sadly, this seems to be the new NHL.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lindenforpresident said:

Watch How Many Times Brock throws a puck into guy skates breaks up good offensive chances and screws up passes going through the neutral zone it's brutal. He has to have one of the highest rates of giveaways on the Canucks

I agree with this

if this was goldy or jake those two would have been benched or sent to Utica 

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, Lindenforpresident said:

yes you are obviously correct

2 games out of a playoff spot with 2 games in hand

and of course

green requested and was granted an injured sutter, beagle, ferland, edler, and now demko

he also wanted baer not to fully get over his concussion issues

he clearly should not have made those injury asks

ah, and yeah, he also wanted an under performing loui on an inflated contract

that obviously shows his inexperience

so yes, he was granted his perfect team, and yet shows mostly almost failure

so blow it all up

let's clean house

and hire a coach/seer/magician to fix those problems that are usually beyond the average coach's duties

maybe you could apply for the job

as you know so much better then those trained for this sort of work