The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Woman faces deportation 18 years after arriving to Canada as a child

Ryan Strome

34 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

They must have been crossing east of Yahk. The border is flown regularly by USA choppers. Always wanted to take that Moyie to Wardner trail. 

Sssshhhhhhhhh lol yea I think that's what the name is. I never really got the nerve to ask lol I only ever go if I'm with them. Great Cowboys. 

Even at night you can ride over to kalspell I think that's how you spell it. 

They do this in Sweden too, deport people who have been here long, integrated into the country, have nice societal standing but were lost in the cracks of the system years ago.

But then they won't enforce deportations of criminal elements because of fears of what might happen to them, kinda sad really.

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

The US is a dangerous nation. Remember JT tweeted out everyone from the US is welcome. 

ah OK now I get it. Yeah, that was dumb. He caused a lot of people unnecessary risk and gave false hope. Not cool.

I think there's a good discussion to be had around immigration in Canada, just don't think we're at the 'border scare' level, not even close. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, canuckster19 said:

They do this in Sweden too, deport people who have been here long, integrated into the country, have nice societal standing but were lost in the cracks of the system years ago.

But then they won't enforce deportations of criminal elements because of fears of what might happen to them, kinda sad really.

Even some who werent lost in the cracks..... i had a friend who came here from England on a work visa. Was here for 5 years with a decent paying job, paying taxes, never got in trouble with the law and was applying for PR and was denied, tried applying for an extension on his work visa and was also denied. The owner of his company wrote and called the gov't pleading to allow him to stay because he was such a valuable member of his work ( he ended up in the management ) but to no avail. Was given a date and sent home. Yet we have our RCMP waiting at known illegal points of entry to help carry luggage over and our country is paying for them to stay in 5 star hotels. Makes you shake your head at how backwards we have it....

On 1/17/2020 at 7:59 PM, Warhippy said:

She tried to apply for college.  Was turned down.  Due to her not being a citizen and not having a SIN number.  She then went on to say she tried various avenues then decided to start a business.

At what point in time does it not register that maybe just MAYBE she should have just applied.

Maybe I'm ignorant, but then I'm not the person facing deportation for ignoring every single red flag regarding citizenship in this instance even after trying numerous times to apply for government programs

no, you are they guy who thinks he knows what he would do if he was in a situation he had never faced, living under situations that he can't fathom. 

6 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Yeah I don't think that's the case. But by that logic I should trust some guy on a hockey Forum instead?

You absolutely shouldn't trust me.

But let's just see how much you actually know. I hope you know a lot if you are going to call it a hell hole. So how is it a hell hole? What does a hell hole mean to you?