The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Nucks-Habs

20 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Did you just call me a troll? Also. I live in BC. 

Go cheer force the Habs on their board. Why come to ours?  

Plus, you guys have an old core that sucks.  You have no prospects any good.  It’s going to be at least a decade of being serious Losers.  Enjoy the 20’s:lol:

58 minutes ago, 6string said:

852228180_vomitem.jpg.24cb5efec39f7ef2f63c2d795365c64d.jpg

@StealthNuck

can we replace the confused emoji with this one?  It’s funny and is actually what people are thinking when they use the confused emoji.  Posters aren’t really confused; they fully understand, but are ducked by the opinion

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Go cheer force the Habs on their board. Why come to ours?  

Plus, you guys have an old core that sucks.  You have no prospects any good.  It’s going to be at least a decade of being serious Losers.  Enjoy the 20’s:lol:

I watch pretty much every Canucks game.  Is it too much to ask for intelligent conversation?  You’re not required to be willfully ignorant of every other team just because you’re a Canucks fan.  There are a number of great, intelligent posters here that are able to carry on actual hockey talk.  

And for the record. Craig Buttons most recent ranking of top NHL affiliated prospects had 2 Canadiens prospects in the top 10. 

• Wat 1

Just now, qwijibo said:

I watch pretty much every Canucks game.  Is it too much to ask for intelligent conversation?  You’re not required to be willfully ignorant of every other team just because you’re a Canucks fan.  There are a number of great, intelligent posters here that are able to carry on actual hockey talk.  

And for the record. Craig Buttons most recent ranking of top NHL affiliated prospects had 2 Canadiens prospects in the top 10. 

I don’t care a smelly sock for the Habs, or any other team.  That’s what it is to be a true fanatic.  You want intelligent conversation then go take a college class.  I can’t believe as a kid I liked the Richards.  :picard:

5 hours ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

Nucks trades - Marky + Sutter + Myers +  brisebois + Madden + 2nd rd pick 

Habs trades - Weber  + Price and 25-40% salary retained + Kovalchuck

add one more piece before deadline and then have some fun in the playoffs:) 

if you had a time machine so you could go back in time and get these veterans in their prime then bring them into the future, then I would do it.

5 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Congrats, you have two in the top ten.

11 hours ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

Nucks trades - Marky + Sutter + Myers +  brisebois + Madden + 2nd rd pick 

Habs trades - Weber  + Price and 25-40% salary retained + Kovalchuck

add one more piece before deadline and then have some fun in the playoffs:) 

We don't need to be doing this guys. Please stop.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Why?????Just why?

Why not?!? Is the question!!! More then likely Habs GM declines this trade;) be nice to have some BC born vets in the room to help out our younger upcoming prospects aswell as our younger players in the dressing room... makes perfect sense to me can’t see why we loose in this deal that’s why habs hangs up phone imho. 

Edited by KnuckleHead16

7 hours ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

Why not?!? Is the question!!! More then likely Habs GM declines this trade;) be nice to have some BC born vets in the room to help out our younger upcoming prospects aswell as our younger players in the dressing room... makes perfect sense to me can’t see why we loose in this deal that’s why habs hangs up phone imho. 

Ultimately this trade makes us worse and to top it off, it costs a prospect and a pick as well.

Markstrom vs Price = Markstrom is having a better year statistically and is 2 years younger and isn't getting paid 10 million per year. Advantage = Markstrom

Weber is a beast but has trouble staying healthy as of late, has a lot of hard miles on him  and gets paid almost 8 million per year for another 7 years until he is 41 years old. Age + bad contract = player we don't want.

Advantage = Canucks players, prospects and picks included in the deal.

Brisebois projects to be an NHL player within 1-2 years = Advantage

Madden projects at the very least to be a solid replacement for Beagle when his contract is complete. (cap space savings are a big value) = Advantage

2nd round pick = Advantage.

I know the intent of this trade is to win now but this team is not in win now mode. They want to make the playoffs but likely will not be a real contender for a while. When they are a contender, Price and Weber will be long in tooth and short in usefulness.