The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Feb. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

the hit on Petey wasn't dirty- it was late.

The hit was dirty by being late. On the Canucks skinny young superstar.  Real tough dirty bruin there pal....:picard:

Give me a break haha.  Good god...

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, J-23 said:

What?

Nobody asking for anyone to go pound someone after a star player gets hit. Petey gets hit quite often. However, if it’s an illegal or really late targeted hit, then someone needs to step up. Calgary, Edmonton, Avs, and almost every other team in the league sticks up for there star players.

Someone should have stood up for Motte, and Petey.

Also did you not see the Bruins stick up for there goalie, and THEY got a PP out of it.

Rather go down with some heart than a bunch of cowards.

I don’t think anyone on the ice would have known it was a late hit unless they saw a replay.

Boston stood up for their goalie because there was a player right there. The Canucks stick up for Marky all the time. It’s not like they don’t stand up for their teammates. This is being overblown. 

Even if they chased the B’s player on his next shift you think he’s gonna drop the mitts? The guys 5’9”.

All it would have resulted in is another Boston power play. Sometimes you just have to take a number and get your revenge next game. Exactly what we saw with Kassian and Tkachuk.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Wat 2

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t think anyone on the ice would have known it was a late hit unless they saw a replay.

Boston stood up for their goalie because there was a player right there. The Canucks stick up for Marky all the time. It’s not like they don’t stand up for their teammates. This is being overblown. 

Even if they chased the B’a player on his next shift you think he’s gonna drop the mitts? The guys 5’9”.

All it would have resulted in is another Boston power play. Sometimes you just have to take a number and get your revenge next game. Exactly what we saw with Kassian and Tkachuk.

Nobody on the bench saw it?

I don’t believe that. Let’s just say nobody on the ice or bench saw that one, fine okay whatever. How about the Motte one? Clearly driven head first into the boards.

What happens next? Bo and Karlsson have a conversation about it. 

I understand it’s not the 80s anymore but sometimes you have to defend your teammates and star players.

Teams like Calgary, Edmonton and Vegas will walk all over us in the Playoffs once they realize it’s open season on our stars.

Edited by J-23
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Are fans getting softer as well?

This literally happens every season where fans whine about the Canucks not gooning it up.

Im all for sticking up for players if the timing is right. But the idea that we’re going to send a tough guy out to chase around Gryzlek all game is just silly.

The game has changed, better get used to it.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This literally happens every season where fans whine about the Canucks not gooning it up.

Im all for sticking up for players if the timing is right. But the idea that we’re going to send a tough guy out to chase around Gryzlek all game is just silly.

The game has changed, better get used to it.

Teams still stick up for there star players, game hasn’t changed in that part.

What hasn’t changed these past few years? The Canucks still being a soft team.

Sticking up for your players is not Gooning it up by the way

Edited by J-23
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Nobody on the bench saw it?

I don’t believe that. Let’s just say nobody on the ice or bench saw that one, fine okay whatever. How about the Motte one? Clearly driven head first into the boards.

What happens next? Bo and Karlsson have a conversation about it. 

I understand it’s not the 80s anymore but sometimes you have to defend your teammates and star players.

Teams like Calgary, Edmonton and Vegas will walk all over us in the Playoffs once they realize it’s open season on our stars.

Do you honestly think we don’t have an answer for Tkachuk or Kassian? Those aren’t teams that run over other teams.

Vegas plays a heavy game so I’d be a little more worried about facing them. But you’re overreacting if you think this team doesn’t have an answer to physical play. We’ve seen it many times this season. They know how to stand up for themselves.

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Are you serious???!!

The hit was seconds behind where the puck was.  That is exactly where the players on the bench look.

Give me a break.....:picard:

And even NHL players can understand when they see a late hit when it is over 2 seconds after THEIR player passed it.  Just quit...

• Cheers 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

Do you honestly think we don’t have an answer for Tkachuk or Kassian? Those aren’t teams that run over other teams.

Vegas plays a heavy game so I’d be a little more worried about facing them. But you’re overreacting if you think this team doesn’t have an answer to physical play. We’ve seen it many times this season. They know how to stand up for themselves.

Petey can’t stand up for himself, when the other guy is twice his size…

The Playoffs will tell now, I hope the boys stick up for one another come April.

Answer for Kassian, where was the answer for Matheson. We just played the rest of the game like nothing happened.

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Teams still stick up for there star players, game hasn’t changed in that part.

What hasn’t changed these past few years? The Canucks still being a soft team.

Sticking up for your players is not Gooning it up by the way

More like fans being overly sensitive every time one of our top players get hit.

Star players get hit all the time with out some grand response. It seems like this market in particular just has some sort of complex when it comes to this stuff.

Maybe Ferland would have answered the call who knows. We’ll have to wait and see what impact he has in that regard.

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Are you serious???!!

The hit was seconds behind where the puck was.  That is exactly where the players on the bench look.

Give me a break.....:picard:

And even NHL players can understand when they see a late hit when it is over 2 seconds after THEIR player passed it.  Just quit...

Umm actually they watch where the puck is going which is up the ice...

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Petey can’t stand up for himself, when the other guy is twice his size…

The Playoffs will tell now, I hope the boys stick up for one another come April.

Answer for Kassian, where was the answer for Matheson. We just played the rest of the game like nothing happened.

Matt Grzelcyk is twice Petey’s size?

Last I checked he’s 5’9” 174 lbs.

Like I said Petey gets hit almost every game. 

When he gets body slammed or someone throws a late check on him hard into the boards we are going to get mad. 

Idk how (anybody who calls themselves) a fan can watch plays like that and not get mad or “sensitive.”

That’s one of the best young players we’ve ever had, the league has ever had.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

More like fans being overly sensitive every time one of our top players get hit.

Star players get hit all the time with out some grand response. It seems like this market in particular just has some sort of complex when it comes to this stuff.

Maybe Ferland would have answered the call who knows. We’ll have to wait and see what impact he has in that regard.

And don’t ask why I quoted you like this lol.

Just now, J-23 said:

Like I said Petey gets hit almost every game. 

When he gets body slammed or someone throws a late check on him hard into the boards we are going to get mad. 

Idk how (anybody who calls themselves) a fan can watch plays like that and not get mad or “sensitive.”

That’s one of the best young players we’ve ever had, the league has ever had.

And don’t ask why I quoted you like this lol.

I never said I don’t get mad.

My anger was towards the refs for not making an obvious call, not our players for not jumping Grzelyck.

Im going to hold my judgement on the until we play them at home. If they don’t make it a tough night on him then I would question their willingness to stick up for each other.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Matt Grzelcyk is twice Petey’s size?

Last I checked he’s 5’9” 174 lbs.

And tossed Petey over like nothing. Just helping me prove my point, Petey can’t really defend himself like I said. He’s not strong enough.

Just now, DeNiro said:

I never said I don’t get mad.

My anger was towards the refs for not making an obvious call, not our players for not jumping Grzelyck.

Im going to hold my judgement on the until we play them at home. If they don’t make it a tough night on him then I would question their willingness to stick up for each other.

Fair enough but we’ve seen this situation before, that’s why most fans have been complaining about team toughness for the past few years.

This scenario is just becoming a broken record year after year now.

4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

And tossed Petey over like nothing. Just helping me prove my point, Petey can’t really defend himself like I said. He’s not strong enough.

So we should trade for Lucic so he can lug up and down the ice on Petey’s wing to protect him? How effective was that with McDavid?

Who on Pettersson’s line is going to go drop the Mitts? Miller? Boeser? Hughes? Tanev?

None of these guys are fighters. If you have a beef with a lack of response focus on Green and Benning for not putting enough toughness in the lineup.

I don’t know where pretending we have a tough lineup is gonna get us. That’s not how the team is built whether we like it or not.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Wat 1

Did you not see the video I posted above where Matt Calvert stood up for Nathan. Is he a tough guy? No lol.

When did I say go out and get a tough guy or trade for Lucic :picard:

Sticking up for teammates is not a tough guy thing, anybody can do it. 

I’ll post it again in case you didn’t see it. Fought Kassian, knew he was going to lose before even dropping the kits, just happened to be the closest guy.

When did sticking up for your teammates be a tough guy thing? Miller sticking up for Stech? Hansen for Daniel? Neither tough guys.