The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Feb. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Players do all the time already anyway. If you watch games at RArena you'll see it constantly.

and the same people whining about Bo not doing it are the same people whining about Sid, McD etc etc doing it.

Just now, 73 Percent said:

And do the refs change the call?

Nope. Players bicker and complain all the time. Only time it's warranted is if it's a blatant miss call like a missed high-stick that resulted in a cut or a knee on knee. Still they won't change $&!#. It is what it is and most teams have to play through it.

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Nope. Players bicker and complain all the time. Only time it's warranted is if it's a blatant miss call like a missed high-stick that resulted in a cut or a knee on knee. Still they won't change $&!#. It is what it is and most teams have to play through it.

So we agree then? I'm confused lol.

29 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

Yup. He needs to be more vocal with the refs. Night after night we get little to zero breaks from the officiating. 

the problem there though,is that eraly in the year he was whining at the refs, that is not a good place to start from.

He needs to be able to communicate with them without whining.

Give them something to think about so the next call goes our way.

I think what people really want from Bo Horvat is Jerome Iginla.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

and the same people whining about Bo not doing it are the same people whining about Sid, McD etc etc doing it.

Sometimes it is warranted like McD's knee on knee incident vs CGY. If I was Connor i'd be livid there too. That point you can give it to the refs without getting an called unsportsmanlike cause they know they deserve it.

36 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

This is what Bo needs to do.

Score Goals

Rack up points

Takes important faceoffs in every zone

Be first line Pp and ensure it scores

Score even Strength

Score Shorthanded

Lead the team on the ice

Answer tough questions to media

Be gritty

Fight and Hit.

what else guys? Did I miss anything

win a stanley cup

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Too exhausted to stick up for EP?! 

:picard:

That doesn’t happen any more...

This isn’t the 80’s. I think fans are under the impression that other teams go and pound any player that hits their stars. From the games I watch that doesn’t happen.

Players would way rather take a power play (which it should have been) and win on the scoreboard, then put their team short handed.

Edited by DeNiro

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This isn’t the 80’s. I think fans are under the impression that other teams go and pound any player that hits their stars. From the games I watch that doesn’t happen.

Players would way rather take a power play (which it should have been) and win on the scoreboard, then put their team short handed.

Yeah this isn't 70s or 80s anymore when Jimmy Conway egged Tommy that got spider killed....:P

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Devron44 said:

This is what Bo needs to do.

Score Goals

Rack up points

Takes important faceoffs in every zone

Be first line Pp and ensure it scores

Score even Strength

Score Shorthanded

Lead the team on the ice

Answer tough questions to media

Be gritty

Fight and Hit.

what else guys? Did I miss anything

(intangibles)

Work hard - always - in/on all parts of the game.

Practice a standard, push that standard.  Question himself first - accountability starts there.

Pull for his team-mates, help them make themselves better.  Recognize that they make him better. 

Don't always "lead".  Allow others to 'lead'.  Don't be threatened by the strength of others, don't waste time or energy in 'relativism' in that sense / measuring oneself, needing to 'lead.'  Receive leadership.  Don't 'possess' the captaincy.  Be a captain.   No player is always 'the leader '-  believing so is not necessarily leadership (it's ego/title/status).  The key (imo) is to empower.  No player is more or less important than another - every player can make the difference.

Build the team.  It's not your team, it's the team.

Be like Linden.  Don't be like Messier.:bigblush:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

yeah, because nothing endears you to officials more than whining at them. 

Either that or this team will continue to be soft for a very long time. Something needs to be done otherwise we will continue to see our stars get pushed around and everyone will turn a blind eye. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

What?

Nobody asking for anyone to go pound someone after a star player gets hit. Petey gets hit quite often. However, if it’s an illegal or really late targeted hit, then someone needs to step up. Calgary, Edmonton, Avs, and almost every other team in the league sticks up for there star players.

Someone should have stood up for Motte, and Petey.

Also did you not see the Bruins stick up for there goalie, and THEY got a PP out of it.

Rather go down with some heart than a bunch of cowards.

Edited by J-23

2 hours ago, lmm said:

the problem there though,is that eraly in the year he was whining at the refs, that is not a good place to start from.

He needs to be able to communicate with them without whining.

Give them something to think about so the next call goes our way.

I think what people really want from Bo Horvat is Jerome Iginla.

I never said anything about whining to the refs. Just talk to them and tell them that $&!# shouldn’t be happening. Canucks have never had any respect in the league. Look at when Matheson body slammed Petey and we did nothing. Teams know how soft we play and they take advantage. We are blinded by the wins we have accumulated but we still get out shot, out hit, and or defence is still atrocious. I’ll say it again, this team needs to get tough. And not dirty tough, just play hard hitting hockey. 

• Cheers 1