The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Feb. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

18 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

Boys on 1040 are calling out Horvat for not doing enough as a captain. And they are right. 

Congrats to Bo for being the Captain of the Vancouver Canucks. No better way to turn a fan favourite into a whipping boy

Edited by Devron44

Haven't really followed the conversations here, but the take I get is that if Green says something, he's doing something wrong. If he doesn't say something, then he's a lame duck coach that shows no care for his team.

Oh and Bo Horvat is now not a good enough captain apparently (despite having one of his best seasons to date).

Why do these conversations always appear after every loss (even in the midst of quite an incredible run)? Hmm.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

Boys on 1040 are calling out Horvat for not doing enough as a captain. And they are right. 

I love Bo. He is one of my favorite Canucks ever. But, I would like to see a little more from him at times. Sometimes a captain has to step up and get into it. Henrik didn't have that in him but I'm hoping Bo can find it. Again, Bo is a gamer and in no way am I questioing his "try". He's a battler. He's a little to gentlemenly at times though.

• Cheers 1

Bo, as captain, has to lead by example. Players look up to their captain, if he's going to war, then the rest will follow. But what I see is guys like Roussel and Beagle (bottom 6 players) that go to war, and Bo is basically invisable. Real good at faceoffs though. I like Bo, I have his jersey, but I would like to see a little more passion from him. Whether that's laying out some crushing hits or even dropping the gloves once in a blue moon to get his team going. Maybe he's still learning, or maybe he learned from how Henrik played. Respect everyone and play nice.    

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, rekker said:

I love Bo. He is one of my favorite Canucks ever. But, I would like to see a little more from him at times. Sometimes a captain has to step up and get into it. Henrik didn't have that in him but I'm hoping Bo can find it. Again, Bo is a gamer and in no way am I questioing his "try". He's a battler. He's a little to gentlemenly at times though.

Yup. He needs to be more vocal with the refs. Night after night we get little to zero breaks from the officiating. 

26 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Haven't really followed the conversations here, but the take I get is that if Green says something, he's doing something wrong. If he doesn't say something, then he's a lame duck coach that shows no care for his team.

Oh and Bo Horvat is now not a good enough captain apparently (despite having one of his best seasons to date).

Why do these conversations always appear after every loss (even in the midst of quite an incredible run)? Hmm.

It’s the lack of response from the team. We get pushed around a lot and I think the fan base is tired of it. 

• Cheers 2

This is what Bo needs to do.

Score Goals

Rack up points

Takes important faceoffs in every zone

Be first line Pp and ensure it scores

Score even Strength

Score Shorthanded

Lead the team on the ice

Answer tough questions to media

Be gritty

Fight and Hit.

what else guys? Did I miss anything

47 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

Boys on 1040 just feed from these boards. It is amazed me that "professionals"  are stealing ideas for a talk show from  public forum. Also, post game analysis from some members here (James B for example) are much deeper than those from radio guys. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

It’s the lack of response from the team. We get pushed around a lot and I think the fan base is tired of it. 

Yes and if Green says something about it, it's blasted. If he says nothing, he's blasted. There have been a select few games where we have been pushed around. A response is good and all, but sometimes a response is what the opposition is trying to get from you especially if they're more built to play that way. Some nights, staying focused works, some nights it doesn't.

6 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

Yup. He needs to be more vocal with the refs. Night after night we get little to zero breaks from the officiating. 

I believe we have drawn one of the most, if not the most, penalties in the league. Bo is likely being vocal but probably trying to show respect for the refs (even if they don't deserve it). We simply don't see/hear everything that is going on on the ice.

10 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

This is what Bo needs to do.

Score Goals

Rack up points

Takes important faceoffs in every zone

Be first line Pp and ensure it scores

Score even Strength

Score Shorthanded

Lead the team on the ice

Answer tough questions to media

Be gritty

Fight and Hit.

what else guys? Did I miss anything

Fight crime and find the cure for cancer. Still probably wouldn't be good enough though.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Fight crime and find the cure for cancer. Still probably wouldn't be good enough though.

Maybe he’s just gotta take some of these guys out for dinner. 

1 minute ago, Silent Man said:

No way in hell. 

22 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

yeah, because nothing endears you to officials more than whining at them.