The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Lombardy

Rate this topic

Zfetch

On 4/8/2020 at 3:23 PM, Qwags said:

Mangoes are the fruit of the town. LL is safe for now.

Skimming through the thread up to page 71 and these are some posts that have stood out to me. 

On 4/8/2020 at 3:50 PM, falcon45ca said:

Explain how

On 4/8/2020 at 4:51 PM, falcon45ca said:

What's up with the Mangoes, and what's with Qwags comment "Mangoes are the fruit of the town?"

Mangoes has a meaning for me, & it's meaning is that Qwags & Lucky are Maf.

On 4/8/2020 at 5:00 PM, falcon45ca said:

It's mine as well, and the name implies a certain, shall we say "history". Which may be why your investigation from Z in Rd 1 told you that you "believed" me to be Maf.

How the hell does Qwags know AND Lucky about Mangoes with no PM's? 

On 4/8/2020 at 6:49 PM, falcon45ca said:

Vote AV

On 4/8/2020 at 9:26 PM, Qwags said:

Just realized my guy is named Chiarelli :(

On 4/8/2020 at 11:11 PM, Ceres said:

I think Falcon is town - potentially my strongest town-read outside of Lucky. He's prodding style is grating but it certainly fits back into his usual town meta. I'm also just gonna assume lucky peeked him villa. 

On 4/9/2020 at 4:46 AM, otherwise said:

here are a few thoughts:

1. I woke up early so I read the thread

2. I sympathize  with SS for how he has gotten into some sort of battle with ceres, I pretty much always have a feeling that ceres is purposefully trying to muddy the waters.  I think it might have something to do with how games were played in the olden days compared to now.

3. it's pretty surprising to see some people clearly haven't read the thread but instead skimmed it...and done a poor job at it...

4.it's sad some of those people (skimmers) are putting up reasons to vote for someone but it's misplaced because of not reading..................

5. or maybe they're mafia and just trying to throw things out there that miiight stick. either way seems a bit lazy.

On 4/9/2020 at 9:05 AM, falcon45ca said:

Who are the people you're talking about in points 3 thru 5 

On 4/9/2020 at 10:44 AM, Blue Jay 22 said:

I like Aladeen's case on AV. I think MR is a little more suspect right now though. MR's most controversial stance so far is declaring SS and Ceres most likely v/v. He went into great detail analyzing their exchange (Ceres kind of forced him too) but hasn't really done so on the rest of the game. And that vote on me seems really forced. Not sure what those initials mean, but that's his first vote (and attention on me). MR would be more calculated and break me down why he thought I was scum before voting for me.

1. MR

2. AV

3. Ceres

Unvote vote MR

• Cheers 1
5 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Looks like i checked in at the right time

@Aladeen Av has been on my ass every second post in my first game, Round A and both round 1 and 2. Literally every couple posts has been about me.

The only guy i had wrong last game being scum was Av that's why i changed my vote this game. It might look sketchy but by that thought process I'd have to always vote for AV just cause he has a boner for me

Dont waste an investigation on me

Have to think of every scenario, I think otherwise is for sure scum so I am just trying to figure out the last scum member. Everyone but LL is a possibility. 

One post of BJs stood out for me early on he said he was still in a wheelchair implying that he checked his PM. I never checked my fetch PM after round A. So BJ being KP is nagging at me a little bit. 

little cripple boy leading the mafia would make some sense on a story telling level. 

1 minute ago, Aladeen said:

One post of BJs stood out for me early on he said he was still in a wheelchair implying that he checked his PM. I never checked my fetch PM after round A. So BJ being KP is nagging at me a little bit. 

little cripple boy leading the mafia would make some sense on a story telling level. 

Can confirm not KP. All good :)

7 hours ago, Aladeen said:

Up until where I reread the thread falcon is looking almost lock cleared TP maybe everyone should post about there character roles.

I now have BJ a higher chance of scum (KP) than falcon being scum.

I'm very wary of BJ being the KP. I feel quite strongly this is the case, but I'll let it go...for now.

Vote otherwise

Her "few thoughts" post...3 out of 5 of the points she made are about players whom she never names, basically saying "oh it's too bad people don't read the thread better, maybe they're Maf?". I directly asked her about these players she's talking about, and she never ever mentions them again. I can't say as I can think of any other scum hunting she's done. She's voted yes, and posted, but I believe most of her posts to be almost pure fluff and no real scum hunting.

9 hours ago, Aladeen said:

little cripple boy leading the mafia would make some sense on a story telling level

Maybe, but "Mangoes being the fruit of the town" is nagging me. I tried to have Qwags explain what he meant, and his explanation isn't satisfactory.

I believe we're looking for Falcs parents. Or his father at least. A Mango.

On 4/9/2020 at 10:56 AM, Alain Vigneault said:

We should be focusing on falcon45ca.  He's demonstrating a big difference in his play since Round A and has been the most opportunistic in his pursuit of players.

naslund.is.king is another guy that we can't let slip either.  He talked a bit too much, and with too much information it seems, about the otherwise/SK situation.

Quotes that stood out to me up to page 83 

I realize it’s hard to see context with me just quoting everything but this is more for me to sort through the game. 

On 4/9/2020 at 2:12 PM, Qwags said:

SS is still my top candidate for Mafia as of now.

On 4/9/2020 at 2:12 PM, Qwags said:

That doesn't make any sense. 

*remove the "as of now" part.

On 4/9/2020 at 2:26 PM, Alain Vigneault said:

Because it's a thought that just came to me recently.  On the same note, he made that case against Master Radishes as town himself.  It could be same thing again here.

The second part is not true.  I've been lobbying for people to pay attention to naslund.is.king.  I've tried to promote discussion around him.

On 4/9/2020 at 2:59 PM, falcon45ca said:

Would a Maf BJ go after MR for a lynch that his fingerprints are all over, vs the MK? Seems a bit brazen to push a vet hard who'll flip TP.

On 4/9/2020 at 3:01 PM, luckylager said:

SIRENS!

How do you know he'll flip tp?

I don't.

Seems like a slip.

On 4/9/2020 at 3:07 PM, falcon45ca said:

I'm saying that BJ, as Maf, would know that MR would flip TP. 

On 4/9/2020 at 5:47 PM, otherwise said:

I just tried to think of any situation where even joke claiming SK would be a good idea and I can't think of any... or at least not any that would make sense over more than a few hrs. so now I'm confused as to why anyone would joke claim SK or even hard claim SK unless they thought it could buy them a couple rounds with maf hoping for a few extra tp taken out and tp hoping at least one maf taken out..... but still the SK isn't good for either side so I'm not sure why they would keep him alive.

On 4/9/2020 at 5:56 PM, otherwise said:

sure, but if someone takes you seriously, starts a wagon because of it. Makes it easy for a couple undecided tp to jump on and couple maf look for an easy vote and bingo-bango-bongo av is voted out. so it wouldn't take much discussion and like you said no one is going to counter claim SK

On 4/9/2020 at 6:00 PM, otherwise said:

you're claiming SK, it's easy to defend that vote.

On 4/9/2020 at 6:06 PM, otherwise said:

I thought about that too, but at this point I wouldn't believe the investigation results for that very reason.

On 4/9/2020 at 6:22 PM, Alain Vigneault said:

falcon45ca or naslund.is.king for me are the best options.

Distant 3rd place would be Sharpshooter.  Ceres made a really good post about his approach to this round earlier today and I agree that it did not come across as a genuine towny mindset.

On 4/9/2020 at 6:23 PM, falcon45ca said:

AV is giving a lot of one sentence responses, which is a good strategy for Maf when cornered.

AV, how do you feel about being #2 lynch candidate for BJ? 

On 4/9/2020 at 7:02 PM, Sharpshooter said:

Coming dear! FML :picard:

Im coming around to you not being a mafia. I still think your overposting was a classic muddy the waters and make the discussions about everyone else except you. Which is a solid tactic to distract. But, you’re &^@#ing relentless in your jibber jabber. You may just be sticking to your game plan from the outset but there’s something to say about your consistency. You be a later round potential lynch perhaps. 

When it comes to AV, I gotta hand it to Aladeen. He just make a compelling case. He may be the best so far at breaking things down. I’d put AV at the top of the list. 

Virt I can’t get a read on. But that may just because he’s all over the map. Seems like a confused townie. 

MR is so quiet. I think there’s some credence to the theory that he knows exactly how the med kit works. Definitely not like him to know. I’d put him up there with AV as a top lynch. 

Don’t have a read on NIK tbh. 

On 4/9/2020 at 7:22 PM, Blue Jay 22 said:

tenor.gif

On 4/9/2020 at 7:25 PM, otherwise said:

oh man is this the start of the melt down

On 4/9/2020 at 7:30 PM, Blue Jay 22 said:

It's a bluff most likely to test your reaction. LL said he wasn't revealing his investigation until 9:59. That part I believe.

On 4/9/2020 at 7:32 PM, otherwise said:

oh no:frantic: who do i trust LL, Al, :emot-parrot:

whats falcon doing just watching all night?

On 4/9/2020 at 7:34 PM, Blue Jay 22 said:

Unvote

On 4/9/2020 at 7:37 PM, Blue Jay 22 said:

Hmm...

On 4/9/2020 at 7:38 PM, otherwise said:

...........but you said he was wrong..................................

On 4/9/2020 at 7:42 PM, Blue Jay 22 said:

I could see the exact reverse if LL backs down from his claim. An SK would probably have a better feel for any mafia trying to pose as one.

On 4/9/2020 at 7:54 PM, Qwags said:

Yeah Aladeen. Worst player in history when I'm right here?

On 4/9/2020 at 7:54 PM, Qwags said:

I dont like how quickly AV backs out of claiming a role.  

It's too easy.

Qwags being there right around the time of LLs investigation play yet not commenting on it at all is pretty bad. Seems like he didn’t know what to say to not seem scummy so waiting for it to be over before commenting anything at all. It’s obvious he read what was going on there as he replied to my Wtf LL post. 

3 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

Given how hard AV was pursuing NIK, how likely is it they're teammates? 

Sorry Falc I have been trying to reread everything to answer this question. At this point I say not very likely unless it was designed by AV in scum PM.