The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks exploring possibility of trading Brock Boeser

6 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Benning also said he has no plans of trading Boeser and the conversation alluding to such has never happened once. Shut er down folks. Anti Benning media types making sh*t up for news as per usual.

its not bs, do you really believe Benning. Remember Kesler: I have not requested a trade, Linden: I am not becoming the President of the Canucks, Bergevin: I am not trading PK Subban.  Travers: I love Long island and want to stay here. Benning statement was all PR today. He is not going to the media and telling he is shopping Boeser. Remember last year everybody bashed Sekeres when he tweet Canucks are looking to trade Dahlen, and everybody bashed him saying its false and then a couple days later he was traded. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Pears said:

And that sound you hear is Sekeres’ credibility being destroyed. 

He is not going up and saying yes we are trading him. His statement was all PR, what was he supposed to say. Remember Bervgin I am not trading Subban and Linden i am not becoming the canucks president

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

I'm shocked :rolleyes: :bored:

4 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

So, now that the rumor had been adamantly denied that means everyone is going to shut up about this redundant topic now, right?

lol

4 hours ago, Jam126 said:

A journalist lying and manufacturing outrage to get clicks in 2020!? No way! :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, shayster007 said:

Boom goes the dynamite. 

38 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Vintage this message is for you. This topic heading should be separated into two different topic headings. The first is trades and signings. The second, a stand alone topic is rumours.

You posted Sekeres nonsense and it gets too much credence when it is a rumour mingled in with trades and signings.

Brock and Benning have both had to speak out. We know the Vancouver media is sleezy.  

Rumours need to be a separate topic category. Make it happen please.

Remember last year he said the Canucks wanted to trade Dahlen, he was bashed but a couple of days later he was traded.

• Upvote 1

On 7/11/2020 at 9:53 AM, stawns said:

how do you figure? He'd likely bring back a top 5 dman and a first/high end prospect and clear out some cap space, plus TT.  For a guy who wasgoing to struggle tohit 20 goals this season.  That sounds good to me

Id rather keep brock over toffoli, brock hasnt even reached his peak yet. You guys know that Toffoli will probably command more than brocks salary now right? Boeser is on a show me deal, toffoli is going to be in his last big contract. People are idiots of they think toffoli is going to command anything less than 5.5 million

Just now, filthycanuck said:

Id rather keep brock over toffoli, brock hasnt even reached his peak yet. You guys know that Toffoli will probably command more than brocks salary now right? Boeser is on a show me deal, toffoli is going to be in his last big contract. People are idiots of they think toffoli is going to command anything less than 5.5 million

I'd pay that for Toffoli, who looked very very good with Petey.  TT would have ended up in the 27ish goal range, I'd bet on 35 if he played an entire season with Petey.  He's a solid, all around player, imo.

23 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Unbelievable. The media just keeps finding more ways to make me hate them more. 
All the so called local “journalists” are a bunch of drama queens looking to stir up trouble.

Unfortunately, some of our naive fan base buys into their nonsense. Tuning out the noise does wonders for you, folks!

You don't think they've explored the idea?  Not even a little?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd pay that for Toffoli, who looked very very good with Petey.  TT would have ended up in the 27ish goal range, I'd bet on 35 if he played an entire season with Petey.  He's a solid, all around player, imo.

Unfortunately it was only a 10 game stint. Just not enough to command a big paycheque based on historical numbers. Perhaps you're right that he could hit that number, but you don't pay in advance for that. 5.5 is the absolute max I would consider for him though. If he's going to get the same dollars as Brock, I'd easily keep Brock (if it had to be a choice of one or the other).

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Unfortunately it was only a 10 game stint. Just not enough to command a big paycheque based on historical numbers. Perhaps you're right that he could hit that number, but you don't pay in advance for that. 5.5 is the absolute max I would consider for him though. If he's going to get the same dollars as Brock, I'd easily keep Brock (if it had to be a choice of one or the other).

the play ins/offs will be a good window I think

Zero truth to the trade Boeser bs "rumour."  Per the province today both Benning and Boeser have come out and called total bs. No truth to it at all. Benning says no conversations internally or with anyone else.  Boeser pissed and says the timing was suspect.  in his own words  "the last time I looked the trade deadline had already passed."

So anyone who still persists in this is a troll.

I'm looking forward to Boeser playing with a chip on his shoulder and filling the net in the play ins.

I'm really looking forward to Stawns and Squamfan cheering like little girls on the game day threads every time  Boeser scores!

Lol. Lmao!

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Zero truth to the trade Boeser bs "rumour."  Per the province today both Benning and Boeser have come out and called total bs. No truth to it at all. Benning says no conversations internally or with anyone else.  Boeser pissed and says the timing was suspect.  in his own words  "the last time I looked the trade deadline had already passed."

I'm looking forward to Boeser playing with a chip on his shoulder and filling the net in the play ins.

I'm really looking forward to Stawns and Squamfan cheering like little girls on the game day threads every time  Boeser scores!

Lol. Lmao!

you idiot i want him hear, but i dont beleive Benning BS.  i have no doubt he is being shopped because he cant manage a cap 

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

Do you really believe Benning. Remember Kesler: I have not requested a trade, Linden: I am not becoming the President of the Canucks, Bergevin: I am not trading PK Subban.  Travers: I love Long island and want to stay here. Benning statement was all PR today. He is not going to the media and telling he is shopping Boeser. Remember last year everybody bashed Sekeres when he tweet Canucks are looking to trade Dahlen, and everybody bashed him saying its false and then a couple days later he was traded. 

even a blind squirrel finds a nut, sh!t out of a horses ass is more reliable then what comes out of sekeres mouth

Edited by CanucksCountry
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Lol. Lmao!

This forum is, literally, trades RUMOURS and signings.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

you idiot i want him hear, but i dont beleive Benning BS.  i have no doubt he is being shopped because he cant manage a cap 

Partner give it a rest. Nothing to see here.  Your Dahlen analogy is laughable. (Dahlen was a questionable prospect while Boeser is a top six star).

Boeser down the wing, he cuts to the middle between the Wild defence, she shoots...he scores!

Sqaumfan:   EEEEk! I love him!  Lol.  

Let's have a laugh buddy and support the team.

10 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Vintage. As I asked you - we gonna create a rumours separate topic right?

already said, but it literally says rumour in title.

Naked Gun Panic GIF

Edited by stawns

21 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Partner give it a rest. Nothing to see here.  Your Dahlen analogy is laughable. (Dahlen was a questionable prospect while Boeser is a top six star).

Boeser down the wing, he cuts to the middle between the Wild defence, she shoots...he scores!

Sqaumfan:   EEEEk! I love him!  Lol.  

Let's have a laugh buddy and support the team.

Lol I want boeser here and not traded lol

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

the play ins/offs will be a good window I think

It's certainly a good time to showcase himself. I still wouldn't go north of 5.5 as it's too short of a window. Many players play harder on UFA years. I like Toffoli and I'm comfortable with him being the top line RW, but it only makes sense if he's giving us a better deal than Boeser to make him more enticing to keep as it would be beneficial cap-wise. Career numbers (at least the past 3 seasons) will come into play when it comes contract talks IMO.

I like to hear more on if Toffoli actually wants to be here. If he plays lights out for us to get a UFA contract offer elsewhere, then the traded value is paid off IMO so I'm not concerned if he walks. If he wants to be here, then hopefully he works with the team and gives us something reasonable to work with to build the best team possible.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

It's certainly a good time to showcase himself. I still wouldn't go north of 5.5 as it's too short of a window. Many players play harder on UFA years. I like Toffoli and I'm comfortable with him being the top line RW, but it only makes sense if he's giving us a better deal than Boeser to make him more enticing to keep as it would be beneficial cap-wise. Career numbers (at least the past 3 seasons) will come into play when it comes contract talks IMO.

I like to hear more on if Toffoli actually wants to be here. If he plays lights out for us to get a UFA contract offer elsewhere, then the traded value is paid off IMO so I'm not concerned if he walks. If he wants to be here, then hopefully he works with the team and gives us something reasonable to work with to build the best team possible.

100% agree

• Upvote 1