Canucks Community

[Signing] Tryamkin Re-signs in KHL for 1 Year

23 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I think you all know how big of a Tryamkin fan I am

But, I am just so tired of all the conjecture

Benning will live and die by his decisions and the handling of the cap

Which is atrocious, to say the least

The same can be said for Tryamkin who decided to go back to Russia

Both men made their own decisions, and only they will decide what will happen next

It is my opinion that Tryamkin would step in and be a good 3/4 Dman

But what if I was wrong, and Benning signed him to a 3 year deal for 2 to 3 million per

and he stunk? I guess you could blame me...................:picard:

I guess my point is, if he comes back,  great, if he doesn't, it is time to move on...............

But, as many have said to me.....let it go for now!........that is what I am doing!

The main reason Tryamkin signed for one more year in Russia is that there is no guarantee there will be an NHL season next year, and if there is it won't start until December at the earliest.  Tryamkin hasn't played hockey since March, so because he couldn't play with the Canucks this summer he would have ended up not playing hockey for 9-10 months.  By signing a one year deal in Russia is allows him to play hockey this coming year and allows him to still join the Canucks next summer.  There may not be a KHL season this year so it could all be a mute point, but that is the reasoning behind the signing.  Also, I believe Aquilini didn't want to sign him to a one way deal when the salary cap is fixed next year and not going up and we have several contracts that are up players needing to be re-signed.  The timing was just not good for a Tryamkin signing this summer.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The main reason Tryamkin signed for one more year in Russia is that there is no guarantee there will be an NHL season next year, and if there is it won't start until December at the earliest.  Tryamkin hasn't played hockey since March, so because he couldn't play with the Canucks this summer he would have ended up not playing hockey for 9-10 months.  By signing a one year deal in Russia is allows him to play hockey this coming year and allows him to still join the Canucks next summer.  There may not be a KHL season this year so it could all be a mute point, but that is the reasoning behind the signing.  Also, I believe Aquilini didn't want to sign him to a one way deal when the salary cap is fixed next year and not going up and we have several contracts that are up players needing to be re-signed.  The timing was just not good for a Tryamkin signing this summer.

Solid points

I am just so tired of the story around him.......

Lots of blame to spread around.......

Truthfully, this was all messed up when Tryamkin was here last

Very poor handling of a rare commodity, IMO

Right from the start!

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Solid points

I am just so tired of the story around him.......

Lots of blame to spread around.......

Truthfully, this was all messed up when Tryamkin was here last

Very poor handling of a rare commodity, IMO

Right from the start!

Yes I agree.  He should have just been re-signed when his contract was up 3 years ago.  Not sure who is to blame, but Willy didn't handle him very well and Benning wasn't able to convince him to stay.  And the issue with his new wife didn't help the matter.  It was alot of things combined and really not one person should take the blame.  It was a very unfortunate situation but typical of how unlucky as an organization we have been for 50+ years.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Here is the thing..............

With players from USA/Canada/Sweden/Finland/Germany, information and the ability to continually scout your prospects is pretty easy. I would go as far as to say, that it is welcomed by the clubs in those stated countries.

Russia is a little different beast, as is the KHL, where, it is my understanding that the NHL is not trusted, therefore not welcome, while those players are under contract in the mother land.

But in saying that, I think Tryamkin was a very rare type of player going back before he was signed, and it would have been a very smart move to have constant contact with Nikita, when ever possible, via his agent.

So why did Tryamkin come into camp so out of shape? IMO, obviously the Canucks think it is the players responsibility, and I do not argue that fact. but it is also the Canucks responsibility to give Tryamkin all the tools to succeed when he arrived. IMO, that also includes his pre-NHL fitness regime. I would also include constant contact once his contract was finished in  the NHL. (that is something Benning has proven not to do so well.....at least if we take his word for it)

Further to all of the fitness discussion, is the language barrier, which the Canucks and Tryamkin both could have worked at.

Why the Canucks? Because they have a valuable commodity, that they should want to succeed..........so English lessens prior to him coming over should have been a must, for both him and his girlfriend/wife. Yes, it should have been on Tryamkin too, but it was incumbent  on the Canucks to insure it was happening.

Once here, Benning should have made every effort to intergrade  the Russian couple into the community, so that they would have not been so lonely. Going so far as to send her home on a regular basis..............

This all should have been done by the Canucks

Why?

Because if that would have resulted in a player that could have turned into a star player, it would have been worth it. Proof? Tryamkin's game improved game over game, while he was here, and by the time he left, you could see the obvious potential, and again improvement

People seem to forget he was a rookie, and living in a entirely different culture.....Proof? We went back! Culture shock? Yes! on and Off the ice!

Again...he was a rookie! 

I am not even going to discuss on-ice handling

Edited by janisahockeynut

Just a little info.....as I have Norwegian relatives, I know they study it in elementary

So........in Sweden, Finland, Germany and Denmark they take English as a subject starting in elementary

They do not in Russia

I am not sure if they do in the USA? :picard:

On 8/4/2020 at 11:39 AM, janisahockeynut said:

Here is the thing..............

With players from USA/Canada/Sweden/Finland/Germany, information and the ability to continually scout your prospects is pretty easy. I would go as far as to say, that it is welcomed by the clubs in those stated countries.

Russia is a little different beast, as is the KHL, where, it is my understanding that the NHL is not trusted, therefore not welcome, while those players are under contract in the mother land.

But in saying that, I think Tryamkin was a very rare type of player going back before he was signed, and it would have been a very smart move to have constant contact with Nikita, when ever possible, via his agent.

So why did Tryamkin come into camp so out of shape? IMO, obviously the Canucks think it is the players responsibility, and I do not argue that fact. but it is also the Canucks responsibility to give Tryamkin all the tools to succeed when he arrived. IMO, that also includes his pre-NHL fitness regime. I would also include constant contact once his contract was finished in  the NHL. (that is something Benning has proven not to do so well.....at least if we take his word for it)

Further to all of the fitness discussion, is the language barrier, which the Canucks and Tryamkin both could have worked at.

Why the Canucks? Because they have a valuable commodity, that they should want to succeed..........so English lessens prior to him coming over should have been a must, for both him and his girlfriend/wife. Yes, it should have been on Tryamkin too, but it was incumbent  on the Canucks to insure it was happening.

Once here, Benning should have made every effort to intergrade  the Russian couple into the community, so that they would have not been so lonely. Going so far as to send her home on a regular basis..............

This all should have been done by the Canucks

Why?

Because if that would have resulted in a player that could have turned into a star player, it would have been worth it. Proof? Tryamkin's game improved game over game, while he was here, and by the time he left, you could see the obvious potential, and again improvement

People seem to forget he was a rookie, and living in a entirely different culture.....Proof? We went back! Culture shock? Yes! on and Off the ice!

Again...he was a rookie! 

I am not even going to discuss on-ice handling

Jan,  his “out of shape” report came from Desjardins mouth..

obviously designed to put more pressure on Tryamkin to go to the AHL as a “right of passage” from an old school coach.

Remember Desjardins comments to Stetcher after his camp?  “your not supposed to be here”.

Desjardins should have been fired after the Season that Nik arrived for his short 10 game end of season with us.

Deployment was a huge issue, as fans we saw it,  even announcers questioned some of the matching.

I am convinced that Linden protected Desjardins from being fired by Benning that season..

too many times when match ups were bewildering, or a power play flogged death, did the cameras turn to see Benning questioning Linden , and the optics/ body language was frustration on Benning part and Linden preaching patience for his.

I’m pretty sure that came out of the wash in conversations with ownership a year later,  who may have been disappointed enough in Linden to let him go as well at a less timely date.

optics are everything.

just my 2 bits,  I can’t claim to be a mind reader..   but there was something in those optics in the press box at certain times in games that even play by play guys recognized as confusing.

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2020 at 5:10 PM, janisahockeynut said:

Just a little info.....as I have Norwegian relatives, I know they study it in elementary

So........in Sweden, Finland, Germany and Denmark they take English as a subject starting in elementary

They do not in Russia

I am not sure if they do in the USA? :picard:

They learn to speak American in the USA...

regards,  G.

• Haha 1