The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ok to demand an NHL coach yet? Asking for a friend.

Rate this topic

Got the Babych

10 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Different viewpoint but I feel we need stronger assistant coaches. Do not have a lot of belief in Brown and Baumer.

We are sucking in those gents' areas of expertise, but I feel it is the overall team "style" that is the problem, and that's up to the coach. 

9 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

There can only be so may recycled coaches.  The NHL would also be sadly lacking in coaches if the only 'real coaches' had to be recycled from other teams.

True, we have to get new blood into the system. But traditionally there's been a process of working through the ranks and proving one's ability before being handed a head coach job.

What got me was that the Canucks from opening face off to the end was unable to do anything right. You would think that if tactics were failing that the coach would change those tactics but I’m starting to think he is not a smart enough coach to have contingency plans.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

What got me was that the Canucks from opening face off to the end was unable to do anything right. You would think that if tactics were failing that the coach would change those tactics but I’m starting to think he is not a smart enough coach to have contingency plans.

If you compare green to Av. AV at the moose did well because of his coaching Green seems to have succeeded at Utica despite his coaching, having good players handed to him, and then letting them do their thing worked.

at NHL level it’s not enough 

Edited by UKNuck96
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

Careful last time I made a thread suggesting Green gets fired I was accused of trolling. People dont like when you have concerns about Green on here lol

Green is straight garbage. His ceiling is an average head coach and his floor is bottomless

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

38 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Hes not a coach that would ever win a cup. Never I would bet my life savings on it. No matter how good a team we give him he will juggle lines to make no sense and stick to same game plan no matter the results. He is literally Willie 2.0

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Hes not a coach that would ever win a cup. Never I would bet my life savings on it. No matter how good a team we give him he will juggle lines to make no sense and stick to same game plan no matter the results. He is literally Willie 2.0

He had an unreal team in Utica and lost in the finals.

At least Willie D has won championships in every level except NHL.

Willie's WHL team this year was unbelievably good. He had the worst Canucks team ever while he was here. 

Edited by Moose Nuckle
  • Upvote 1

I don't think there is anything wrong with Green's coaching.  It's on the players.  Not enough net presence in front of Stalock.  Too many passes and not enough shots getting through (Green has been preaching getting shots through and shooting more all season - but still the players are looking for the pretty play too much). 

Our young players showed their lack of experience (they tried but they couldn't produce).  Petterson needs to get stronger.  He's a great player but he gets knocked down too easily (spends too much time with his butt on the ice).  The only way we will beat Minny is if we can disrupt Stalock with an in-your-face agitating presence in front of him. 

Stalock is a very good goalie and I saw that during the regular season.  If he can see the puck, he'll stop it (at least if he continues to play the way he did last night).  Last night was a lot like the Jets exhibition game where we didn't have any net presence and we ran into a very good goalie (Hellebuck is a Vezina candidate).

We can't take out all our penalty killers but I'm thinking that maybe Virtanen can be brought in for Roussel who wasn't very effective other than taking needless penalties. I wouldn't take out Motte or Sutter as we really need them on the penalty kill (Sutter and Motte had a decent game last night).  If we could squeeze in MacEwan, that would be good but I don't know who I would bring out.  I wasn't impressesd with Gaudette last night and he showed his inexperience (he also needs to get stronger).  One thing, we need is four centres - Sutter could take Gaudette's spot as 3rd line Centre.  Beagle is our 4th line centre.

I'm more concerned about the management of the team given the number of draft picks and cap space we've lost since Benning has been the GM.  However, I'm not a Benning hater.  How many people thought the Eriksson UFA signing would be a bad deal?  I didn't, given the success he had with the Sedins at the world championships.  We need better D and we need more draft picks and we need to continue to rebuild before our young stars get past their prime.

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, sockeye said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with Green's coaching.  It's on the players.  Not enough net presence in front of Stalock.  Too many passes and not enough shots getting through (Green has been preaching getting shots through and shooting more all season - but still the players are looking for the pretty play too much). 

Our young players showed their lack of experience (they tried but they couldn't produce).  Petterson needs to get stronger.  He's a great player but he gets knocked down too easily (spends too much time with his butt on the ice).  The only way we will beat Minny is if we can disrupt Stalock with an in-your-face agitating presence in front of him. 

Stalock is a very good goalie and I saw that during the regular season.  If he can see the puck, he'll stop it (at least if he continues to play the way he did last night).  Last night was a lot like the Jets exhibition game where we didn't have any net presence and we ran into a very good goalie (Hellebuck is a Vezina candidate).

We can't take out all our penalty killers but I'm thinking that maybe Virtanen can be brought in for Roussel who wasn't very effective other than taking needless penalties. I wouldn't take out Motte or Sutter as we really need them on the penalty kill (Sutter and Motte had a decent game last night).  If we could squeeze in MacEwan, that would be good but I don't know who I would bring out.  I wasn't impressesd with Gaudette last night and he showed his inexperience (he also needs to get stronger).  One thing, we need is four centres - Sutter could take Gaudette's spot as 3rd line Centre.  Beagle is our 4th line centre.

I'm more concerned about the management of the team given the number of draft picks and cap space we've lost since Benning has been the GM.  However, I'm not a Benning hater.  How many people thought the Eriksson UFA signing would be a bad deal?  I didn't, given the success he had with the Sedins at the world championships.  We need better D and we need more draft picks and we need to continue to rebuild before our young stars get past their prime.

I appreciate your enthusiasm but you are wrong. You are also being ridiculous by adding multiple confused emojis to all the posts proclaiming that Green is just not cutting it. Don’t pretend to be confused and knock other people’s posts. You are being classless.

A good coach will quickly see how effective the game plan is going and adjust to make things better. Green doesn’t seem to have the ability to have counter measures of any sort. This is why the Wild schooled us. Hopefully as a group they can figure this out.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, sockeye said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with Green's coaching.

Sutter and Rousell over Virtanen and McEwen

Splitting up Petey Boeser and Toffoli Pearson 

Not making any adjustments to style of play at all in a playoff game when it was so obvious what we were doing wasn't going to work

Are you Greens nephew or just blind?

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

17 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

This is what's wrong with Green.Screenshot_20200803-122020_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1539e35630e163e3cd45576272fc6710.jpg

How did that record get him an NHL job in the first place?

Bring back Linden please.

18 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I appreciate your enthusiasm but you are wrong. You are also being ridiculous by adding multiple confused emojis to all the posts proclaiming that Green is just not cutting it. Don’t pretend to be confused and knock other people’s posts. You are being classless.

Hey, I don't agree with you.  We can agree to disagree.  I will respond to anybody's comments in any way that is respectful; therefore, I choose to use emojis to express my opinion.  I don't feel the need to continually post like many on the Canucks forum. 

There is no down vote (fortunately) so the confused emoji is the next best thing when I disagree with the poster or if I feel the poster is off base. The problem is with the personnel on the team, not the coaching in my humble opinion.  I think many fans think this team is much better than they really are.  I will not be drawn down this vortex of poster bashing.  Have a nice day.

1 minute ago, sockeye said:

Hey, I don't agree with you.  We can agree to disagree.  I will respond to anybody's comments in any way that is respectful; therefore, I choose to use emojis to express my opinion.  I don't feel the need to continually post like many on the Canucks forum. 

There is no down vote (fortunately) so the confused emoji is the next best thing when I disagree with the poster or if I feel the poster is off base. The problem is with the personnel on the team, not the coaching in my humble opinion.  I think many fans think this team is much better than they really are.  I will not be drawn down this vortex of poster bashing.  Have a nice day.

Lol I don't know why I'm grouped in this.