qwijibo

10 minutes ago, Monkeyking said:

Does a mtrl and van trade come alive?

Mtrl

Jake virtanen 

Tyler toffoli 

Van

Max domi 

Imo we don't need a Domi type player.   If we sign Marky and don't sign Tanev/TT we're going to need a replacement type player for Tanev more than a player like Domi.

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

you know a lot about MTL - what would the ask be from us for him? 

Conventional wisdom has been they need a top 4 pick moving LHD. Vancouver doesn’t really have that piece.  Romanov is kinda the wild card here though so He may be the solution.  Top 4 right wing would be the other need. Boeser fits the bill but doesn’t really match the Habs team speed. I don’t really see a proper fit between the teams. 

Just now, qwijibo said:

Conventional wisdom has been they need a top 4 pick moving LHD. Vancouver doesn’t really have that piece.  Romanov is kinda the wild card here though so He may be the solution.  Top 4 right wing would be the other need. Boeser fits the bill but doesn’t really match the Habs team speed. I don’t really see a proper fit between the teams. 

yeah Boeser for Domi wouldn't fly here either. Maybe Jake and Juolevi but that seems like a stretch. 

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

2019/20

Domi (25) - 17g 27a 44 points (71 games)

Virtanen (24) - 18g 18a 36 points (69 games)

Domi did have a 28 goal season (last year), but maybe he's struggled to stay healthy?

Domi has put up more points more consistently throughout his career. His best season is 72 points compared to Virtanen’s 36.  Domi has a lot more value. 

as far as his down season goes. He centred a line with Shaw last year and had really good chemistry. They used him primarily as a winger this year with a variety of lesser players.  Trading for him and then using him as a winger doesn’t make a lot of sense. 

• Cheers 1

I'd be all over Domi for Virtanen (even though Virt probably wouldn't be enough to snag him). 

He's got some bite to his game and he can actually fight. Reuniting him with Bo might give him a spark.

I think Domi and Bo could recreate some of that magic from junior. Not to mention they're best friends.

Just my wishful thinking though.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

There’s a rumour circulating twitter that he’s being sent to Calgary along with Poehling and a 1st for Gaudreau. No reputable reporter has mentioned it though so I highly doubt it’s legit 

good deal for Calgary if thats true. 

• Cheers 1