The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

Guys, the POINT is we overpaid for a UFA. I've said over and over again that I get why Myers was signed for what he was signed. What I'm SAYING is his contract is one of many on the team that causes issues for OEL coming here.

I'm not going to keep beating around the bush here and follow some "logic" that turns around my opinion in some way that my opinion wasn't even about in the first place. If you don't agree with me that's fine. I don't really care if I convince you guys, nor do I expect to convince you guys. I know what you guys are like with any opinion that's unpopular.

Just now, The Lock said:

Guys, the POINT is we overpaid for a UFA. I've said over and over again that I get why Myers was signed for what he was signed. What I'm SAYING is his contract is one of many on the team that causes issues for OEL coming here.

I'm not going to keep beating around the bush here and follow some "logic" that turns around my opinion in some way that my opinion wasn't even about in the first place. If you don't agree with me that's fine. I don't really care if I convince you guys, nor do I expect to convince you guys. I know what you guys are like with any opinion that's unpopular.

And I think he's easily with 6M. I will go as far as saying he didn't give us a crazy deal to come here. 

Edited by Moose Nuckle

Just now, Moose Nuckle said:

How much do you think Pietroangelo will get? Should get?

Piet will probably get at least 9mil would be my guess, although with the cap, who knows at the same time. We're in unchartered territory. Josi's about 9mil and I think he's a fair comparable.

Just now, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I think we understood your point and most disagree. It happens. No need to be defensive. 

Frustrating day outside of the forum more than anything to be honest, but I don't want to bring that in here.

• Huggy Bear 2

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Piet will probably get at least 9mil would be my guess, although with the cap, who knows at the same time. We're in unchartered territory. Josi's about 9mil and I think he's a fair comparable.

How much should he get? In other words, in your opinion, what is his value?

I think you're right about what he gets. 

Edited by Moose Nuckle

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

I mean... 9mil? He's one of the best defenders in the game. I put him up there with Hedman and Josi.

Interesting. See I think that is going to be one of those awful contracts TBH. 

He's easily worth that now but I have a hard time picturing him worth that much 5 years into his 8 year deal.

That's the beauty of Myers contract. 

• Cheers 2

Interesting. See I think that is going to be one of those awful contracts TBH. 

He's easily worth that now but I have a hard time picturing him worth that much 5 years into his 8 year deal.

That's the beauty of Myers contract. 

See, and I think that with Myers. I hope I'm wrong that. lol

How about this: let's agree on something. Myers contract is better than Eriksson's contract.

• Cheers 2

Tom Collins > Dobber Hockey;

1. Oliver Ekman-Larsson

I've been on record stating that OEL is overrated. It feels as if every season will be his big breakthrough, but instead, he's broken 45 points one time in 10 seasons, and has been on pace to reach 45 points only one other time. There's no way he should be the fifth-highest paid defenseman. While his value will rise if he is dealt, what are you expecting from him? The two biggest rumours have him going to Boston or Vancouver. If he goes to Boston, then he should have career highs. If it's Vancouver, he's stuck behind Quinn Hughes and may never reach 45 points again.

• Wat 4

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

See, and I think that with Myers. I hope I'm wrong that. lol

How about this: let's agree on something. Myers contract is better than Eriksson's contract.

No

Haha kidding

I bet you Myers hits 35 points next full season. 

Edited by Moose Nuckle

No

Haha kidding

I bet you Myers hits 35 points next full season. 

Hey. Don't get me wrong. For what it's worth, I'm glad people overall are happy with the Myers contract. I hope you win that bet.