The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Post-Mafia

Rate this topic

AV.

3 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Let's pile on Aladeen! :lol:

Okay, so after sussing Ceres/BJ as w/w (he mentioned it at least twice, so not just a one-off tinfoil either), he now appeals to Ceres and votes Rocket.

Okay, well, guess he cooled on his Ceres scum read. That's understandable.

....still believes BJ is mafia though. Understandable.

Hmm, okay, so BJ is a good vote in Aladeen's eyes, but he doesn't move to the BJ wagon that already exists and is leading.

So Aladeen has what is clearly a firm scumread on BJ, and yet would rather sit on his TR vote (which at this point lacks any momentum, having never risen above 2 at any point yet)? If I'm town and I think both BJ and TR are scum, and one is a viable wagon, I vote for the viable wagon. I don't sit on my other scumread.

I can use more words to explain why a wolf would want to do exactly that, in case anyone isn't sure, but let's move on I guess.

From Aladeen's perspective, one of his top scumreads is now voting alongside him.

Any sirens go off for Aladeen?

(This is just to show Aladeen posted after this but before EoD, meaning he's present and would have/could have seen BJ's vote switch.)

Nope, no sirens. Aladeen seems fine sitting on a TR vote despite scum!BJ being there along side him.

Opportunism at its finest.

Opportunism at its finest is waiting for Ceres to be MKed before doing anything in this game at all. Now tunnelling and twisting picked posts to suit your own narrative especially when TR may have been scum is opportunistic to the max. 

Just now, Master Radishes said:

Eesh. I'm only up to the end of R1. But it's getting late and I need to get to bed.

Please leave me alive for another round, wolves. I may not have found all of you yet.

Oh I’m sure your not in much danger of an mk would be weird for your scum team to killl you. 

VCA in a flipless game is lolworthy, but let's do it anyway.

On 9/5/2020 at 1:01 AM, Alain Vigneault said:

FINAL VOTE COUNT

falcon45ca (1) - TheRocket18

BoKnows (1) - Sharpshooter

Ceres (1) - Qwags

Blue Jay 22 (3) - J-23, naslund.is.king, BoKnows

Sharpshooter (1) - Master Radishes

Sane33 (1) - GoCanucks16

TheRocket18 (5) - falcon45ca, Aladeen, Ceres, Blue Jay 22, luckylager

First off, the EoD was lacklustre. There was no franticity to it. (That is not a word, but it is now.) Generally that indicates scum are content.  And, certainly if the wagons were BJ and v!TR, they were. I guess the timing was earlier than usual, though, so that might affect things. Still, if TR was a scum, there was room to swing a vote away (Ceres suggested a CFD on Zfetch, for example). But the lacksadaiscal pace of R1 EoD suggests this wasn't necessary because TR was a villa.

Looking at that Rocket wagon, two are now pretty much confirmed town. From there it depends on your PoV, but I'm townleaning Lucky, and am at worst null on falcon. I've also already outlined why I felt Aladeen's vote came from a wolf mindset.

I'm beginning to live in a world where Rocket was town and Aladeen is a wolf. I suppose it could have been a bus, but as mentioned there was opportunity for Aladeen to switch to BJ - he had built up progression for a vote there - and he chose not to. To me that suggests w!Aladeen didn't want to rock the boat, more so than was worried about the optics of voting for one of his stated scumreads. But of course we're speculating now due to the flipless state of this round.

Regardless, the scummiest vote on Rocket was by far Aladeen's, followed by falcon's (voted early and sat there without showing any concern at EoD). Lucky's was NAI.

On 9/4/2020 at 11:18 AM, Master Radishes said:

Huh. Missed this post. Thanks DM.

Thank you mr wolf I see the LHF let's pick that instead!

Interesting you called BJ wolf here but my r1 read on him was so terribad that somehow you calling me out on it reads like you knew BJ was town all along. 

Eesh. Not liking MRs lack of rodomontade.

Think hes on the team with GC16 and in a flipless game they're both trying to control the narrative towards Aladeen and I so they can fully take over and win. 

See way more town in Aladeen then these other two sketchy tomatoes.

Vote MR

Just now, Zfetch said:

Eesh. Not liking MRs lack of rodomontade.

Think hes on the team with GC16 and in a flipless game they're both trying to control the narrative towards Aladeen and I so they can fully take over and win. 

See way more town in Aladeen then these other two sketchy tomatoes.

Vote MR

LOL.

• Vintage 1
1 minute ago, Master Radishes said:

I mean if you're town, Aladeen, you have successfully mimicked your scum game so well that I'm too confbiased to ever change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And if you’re town that’s why you suck at this game but I’ll admit it’s a good scum play. 

3 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Ah yes, I see you are skilled in the art of cherrypicking.

Unlike anything you’ve done right?