The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Golden Knights trade Nate Schmidt to Canucks for 2022 3rd-round pick

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Quinn and Edler were both great draft  choices..... but 2 great D draft choices over the last 20 years is nothing to really brag about is it........

Don't forget Bourdon.  Tanev was entirely developed here but undrafted,  same with Stecher.  Now let's see what we have with OJ, Rafferty, Rathbone and Woo

• Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Quinn and Edler were both great draft  choices..... but 2 great D draft choices over the last 20 years is nothing to really brag about is it........

Those are two of the present top 4.   your stories about 20 years are irrelevent.

Why don't you survey how many teams drafted their top 4 and get back to us on that.

I also don't see the part where you explain the relevence of this trade to overpaying in free agency.

Edited by oldnews
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Bieksa. I know what you mean in terms of having a long time span with no great draft picks (not just defensemen). But this management's drafting has been surreal no?

You'll see some inhouse developed Dmen in short order here. Starting with Juolevi this year.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Those are two of the present top 4.   your stories about 20 years are irrelevent.

Why don't you survey how many teams drafted their top 4 and get back to us on that.

I also don't see the part where you explain the relevence of this trade to overpaying in free agency.

My point is over the last 20 years Canucks have not done well drafting top 2 D men.

Argue all you want. You are like the small yappy dog that lives on my street nipping at my ankles....

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, Vanuckles said:

Bieksa. I know what you mean in terms of having a long time span with no great draft picks (not just defensemen). But this management's drafting has been surreal no?

You'll see some inhouse developed Dmen in short order here. Starting with Juolevi this year.

I love Bieksa in the room and his leadership... but his playing skills were pretty mediocre at best.....

I am a Juolevi fan and i think he can maybe be a top 4 . I am pretty stoked to see Benning drafting Dmen high  / first rounds  the last few years...

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

My point is over the last 20 years Canucks have not done well drafting top 2 D men.

Argue all you want. You are like the small yappy dog that lives on my street nipping at my ankles....

kudos to that small yappy dog - I'm assuming they also made you tap out.

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 1

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

I love Bieksa in the room and his leadership... but his playing skills were pretty mediocre at best.....

I am a Juolevi fan and i think he can maybe be a top 4 . I am pretty stoked to see Benning drafting Dmen high  / first rounds  the last few years...

We're going to have to disagree on Bieksa, I think you're selling him a little short as a 2way dman in his heyday but to each their own. Regarding rest of your post, fair enough.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1