The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

35 minutes ago, da.moose said:

Unfortunately because Ferguson is part of the Vegas organization in real life we can't check his exposure eligibility on Cap Friendly.

However,

Felix Sandstrom of the Philadelphia Flyers meets exposure requirements according to Cap Friendly.

Sandstrom's first "professional season" was in 2018-19 when he only played one AHL game.

To me, this means that Ferguson should also meet exposure requirements.

I pre emptively ascertained Vegas real life players eligibility for all three leagues i am in about a month or two ago and checking that spreadsheet now for GML i see Dylan Ferguson as Exempt. Not weighing in on anything but the list i made two months ago. Good luck to all parties involved. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I believe it is at the conclusion of this past season a player had played in three professional seasons they must be exposed/protected, meet the requirements, Ferguson as well as Sandstrom in another example have done so.

Ferguson only has two of such years. his one NHL game while still in the WHL does not count, in fact that year was a slide under the elc slide rule, but more importantly the one game while he was below age twenty wouldn't count even if it wasn't a slide year, in fact he went on after the one NHL game season to play a full nother season in the WHL. 

I dunno if this is helpful to the GM but it is the facts. sorry. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, da.moose said:

Same goes for Dylan Wells on Edmonton.

One ECHL game in 2017-18 allowed him to meet exposure requirements.

Felix Sandstrom is 24 and has four years of pro play above age twenty so he is eligible that way, Ferguson's one NHL game was before his final year of Junior and played in a slide year of his contract and he was under 20. Only the under twenty part counts for the expansion draft rules but to help make it clear the difference..and i am just looking at Dylan Wells now. i will edit in what i see there.

It appears Dylan Wells had two full years of pro work over age twenty and last season would have been his third: it appears to me, although it doesn't state it, that he chose to sit out the season: which is not an injury and so the sat out season counts as his third year: so he is exposed. 

Injured Players

Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed the previous 60+ consecutive games due to an injury, do not meet the criteria set forth by the league in respect to the minimum exposure requirements for players, and in certain cases these players may even be deemed as exempt from the Expansion Draft selection process.

So looking at this idea; even if sitting out was the reason he missed the year, and even if it was due to injury: he didn't miss 60 games, as the season was shorter than 60, so he is exposed in either case, imo. 

shrug: i didn't bother looking at who the GMs were, as i felt that would help me be impartial: hope that this helps but without getting in the way. 

cheers all.

P.O>  

EDIT: and lastly i found an article that says Dylan Wells was called up to the taxi squad in January and just never got a game in the NHL: so he was neither injured nor sitting out: just didn't get a game so there we have it. Exposed.

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, da.moose said:

Unfortunately because Ferguson is part of the Vegas organization in real life we can't check his exposure eligibility on Cap Friendly.

However,

Felix Sandstrom of the Philadelphia Flyers meets exposure requirements according to Cap Friendly.

Sandstrom's first "professional season" was in 2018-19 when he only played one AHL game.

To me, this means that Ferguson should also meet exposure requirements.

1) Played 9 minutes and 14 seconds of that game, and was not the goaltender of record. Nov 14, 2017 vs Edmonton.

2) And this is really the more important part, was 19 years old at the time.

A professional season is defined as:

- 10 or more NHL games for players who are 18 or 19 years old, or;

- 10 or more NHL, AHL or European professional league games for a player who turns 20 before December 31st the year the season begins.

The player must also be signed to an NHL contract. For example, a player who plays 5 seasons in the KHL before signing an NHL contract does not meet this requirement.

Ferguson does not meet exposure requirements.

I can only do so much here guys.  If the team was expecting to use him as his exposed goaltender, this discussion should have been had prior to the deadline, not after. I have the expansion draft tab sorted and color coded so teams can easily see if they meet the requirements or not.  We've had loads of time, we've posted lots of reminders.  I was asked about this type of scenario exactly ZERO times. 

Edited by canuck2xtreme
  • Cheers 4

5 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

NOTICE: The following teams have failed to meet the exposure requirements for the Seattle Expansion Draft.

- Anaheim (short 1 forward)
- Vegas (short 1 defence, 1 goaltender)
- Philadelphia (short 1 goaltender) (deemed to have met requirements)
- Ottawa (short 1 goaltender)
- Boston (short 1 goaltender)

Seattle will be awarded a 2022 or 2023 1st Round Draft Selection of their choice from each team as per league rules.

The Los Angeles Kings failed to submit a protection list, and so their entire roster is deemed eligible for selection, with the exception of exempt players or players who hold No Movement Clauses in their contract (Nicklas Backstrom).

So they lose a 1st.  Or a 1st and a ED selection?

REPORT: The Islanders have been in communication with several teams early this morning, touching base on players of interest and gaining understanding of where teams are headed into this crazy offseason. While no player is off limits, sources close to the team suggest that some of the bigger names that would appear to be untouchable from the outside may in fact be more readily available than expected. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I'm looking for some picks in the upcoming draft this Saturday. Willing to move Jamie Benn to acquire some. Had 223 points in a shortened season last year after battling covid and not having his main man Tyler Seguin around to help him out. Hit me up if interested at all.

Cap retention in year 2 is possible If the value is right.

Edited by Rush17

5 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Tracking draft picks sucks.....

and so does the CDC search function. ugh.

Should add a trade history tab to each teams sheet. Be easier for times like this, but at the same time would increase your workload lol

12 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Note as per discord by c2x

@everyone A reminder, the GML entry draft is this Saturday, July 17th at 2:00pm Pacific time!! Don’t miss it!

If some of you could miss it, that would be great :bigblush:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Crabby said:

If some of you could miss it, that would be great :bigblush:

Don't forget to show up at 11am Crabby! :lol:

Inside joke.. its at 2pm PST! dont be late.

Edited by Rush17