The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020/21 CDC Puck League

Master Mind

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

small.png  To OTT: Ryan Getzlaf (ret. $1.125m), Tyler Bozak

small.png  To LAK: Chris Tierney, NYR 3rd 2021

How does one say goodbye to Ryan Getzlaf and Tyler Bozak all in one afternoon? I guess you look them in the eye and let them know they are going to a contender, the cab is outside and their gear and sticks are packed and waiting for them. Coming in I identified a few areas that needed fast attention. Depth was and is nonexistant, but with no cap room to play with, depth would dog us until the offseason. I had to make sure we aren't caught from behind in the division while also not sending guys to teams we may face in the playoffs, while also hoping to get a decent enough return on our assets, and in this case, star power guys on the ice and in the room. It would be harder if I was the GM for their whole time here I suppose, and a bit easier to rip the bandaid off fast. 

Chris Tierney will get a warm welcome when he comes out of the seven day isolation bubble and joins the club, we are excited to add him now and for the future, as his contract has some time left on it after the summer, and It is always nice to pick up a draft pick. 

Thank you Azzy for a good deal and for holding off while I explored a bit of numbers to ensure, as best i could, that we hold onto 3rd in the Division. I think I can, I think I can. haha. 

I appreciate all the discussions on various guys, this concludes my initial foray into putting my stamp on the club. ID'd 3 guys we needed to move out, and reclaim cap space, and brought in a few guys we think can help us over the long haul. Managed to get younger in the process. 

Cheers PUck, have a great weekend, the KINGS may be resurfacing near the deadline to pick up our own little pocket rockets for the playoff run. Still to be determined. 

P>S> By the end of the day we should be in the 2000 club here in Los Angeles, and likely that puts us in the top ten clubs this year as of now. Unlikely to beat Arizona in the Division, even if we can somehow catch the Sharks after shipping out some of our major point earners. At the other end, getting flanked by the Aves would be horrendous to our game plan, but I like the 250 points lead, which made it a bit easier to say goodbye to the three guys we shipped out. I guess nothing left to do but start to put on the face paint to get ready to face Pmalina's Sharks in their deep end of the pool in round 1!!!

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Cheers 2

site-logo

image.png.9eaaac72abfe193c9fb417f90563c24e.png

STL's PROJECTED EXPANSION DRAFT PROTECTION LIST

St. Louis Post-Dispatch - The NHL expansion draft is set and the Blues are clearly in a state of rebuild and repair. The team should have no hurdles to protecting its young talent in the coming expansion draft. Here is our projected expansion draft protection lists!

Skaters (4)
Nolan Patrick (C)
Colin White (C)
Brady Tkachuk (LW)
Dominik Kubalik (RW) is apparently exempt

Defenders (4)
Thomas Chabot  (D)
Dennis Cholowski (D)
Jalen Chatfield (D)
Cale Fleury (D)

Goaltender (1)

Kaapo Kahkonen (G)

We believe the Blues may opt to go with the 8 skaters and 1 goaltender protection list over the traditional and more commonly used 7 Forwards, 3 Defense, and 1 Goaltender route. The teams forward core would be largely protected via this strategy and it would allow the team to protect some younger NHL D where the team finds it at its weakest. This would most likely leave the following players eligible for the expansion draft.

Forwards (4)

Oskar Sundqvist (C)

Devin Shore (C)

Austin Czarnik (RW)

Lukas Jasek (RW)

Defenders (4)

Calvin De Hann (D)

Josh Manson (D)

Matt Tennyson (D)

Cam Dineen (D)

Jeremy Roy (D)

Goaltenders (1)

Aaron Dell (G)

The obvious choice would be onf of Oskar Sundqvist, Calvin De Hann or Josh Manson. But who will Seattle choose? and what moves may GM @Rush17 make between now and the expansion draft? only time shall tell! Rush17 was quoted as saying he job isn't to help Seattle but he isn't planning on stripping his team of any further talent just to protect some veteran assets. So there is a good chance all of these guys made be available to Seattle when the draft comes. That is... unless a team is willing to make an offer that STL simply cannot refuse. 

TIme shall tell which strategy STL uses but.. one way or another STL's core should be safe as the team continues down its path of rebuilding.

Edited by Rush17
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Hi!

My name is AriGold.. I like to make things happen and usually disrupt the league in the process, sorry in advance..

I like to trade, ALOT.. I don't like draft picks, just young adults.

Currently Available...

Mackenzie Weegar - Top dog on the Florida Defense with Ekblad gone. 19 points in 35 games

Jeff Petry - Boomer from the point.. 27 points in 31 games

Elias Lindholm - 30 points in 36 games

Anthony Duclair - 15 points in 28 games

Galchenyuk making 6.5m lol wut ?!?!

Oof, my team is trashhhhh... Whoever took my 1st and Alex Nylander can I have them back for Lindholm ?

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 2

4 hours ago, AriGold said:

Hi!

My name is AriGold.. I like to make things happen and usually disrupt the league in the process, sorry in advance..

I like to trade, ALOT.. I don't like draft picks, just young adults.

Currently Available...

Mackenzie Weegar - Top dog on the Florida Defense with Ekblad gone. 19 points in 35 games

Jeff Petry - Boomer from the point.. 27 points in 31 games

Elias Lindholm - 30 points in 36 games

Anthony Duclair - 15 points in 28 games

Galchenyuk making 6.5m lol wut ?!?!

Oof, my team is trashhhhh... Whoever took my 1st and Alex Nylander can I have them back for Lindholm ?

not really.  alot of players are below expcetions, Toews hardly missed, injuries, Goalies didnt worked out. Team could be much higher in Standings. just saying.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

not really.  alot of players are below expcetions, Toews hardly missed, injuries, Goalies didnt worked out. Team could be much higher in Standings. just saying.

Yeah that team is in WAY better shape than some of the tire fires folks have inherited here!

Full iceable roster with extras in the minors. Couple stars. Two goalies. Multiple recognizable prospects and recent 1sts. 

A bountiful crop for a good old fashioned gutting!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Master Mind said:

TRADE.png.e58eb5f7cd5878252f8414498781dc5c.png

small.png  To WPG: Brent Burns

small.png  To CHI: Tyson Jost, Patrik Nemeth, Marc Staal ($0.35M ret.)

Just so it’s not missed on fantrax, Burns has some retention from a previous trade!

My team may not be the best in the league fantasy wise, but I think in a RL game, it would have a killer defence. 

Lloyd Braun - Brent Burns

Jeremy Lauzon - Erik Karlsson

Damon Severson - Keith Yandle

Vince Dunn - Miley Anderson