The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Jake Virtanen for Tony Deangelo

10 hours ago, Lil B From The Pack said:

We're 6-9 right now and we just got humiliated by the Leafs 2 games in a row. (and I know how much CDC hates that.) We need some change and it has to happen now. I'm not the type of guy who's radical and suggests we blow up the team or anything like that. We gotta make some sensible trades but we do need to let some core fan favorite go. Here's my proposal

To VAN:

Tony DeAngelo (25% Retained by NYR)
2021 OTT 4th Round Pick

To NYR:
Jake Virtanen

Reason: Both players haven't been producing and I feel they need a change of scenery. Jake I feel can flourish playing with the young guys in New York. We need help on the powerplay and Tony only being a year removed from having a 53 point season may bounce back and help us improve our powerplay.

Pros & Cons

Pros:
- Acquire an offensive defenseman than can score and move the puck
- We get an NHL caliber defenceman on our roster on the cheap

- Immediate Powerplay help
- Travis Green gets rid of someone he doesn't like

Cons:
- A defensive liability (I might overlook this if it improves the powerplay)
- Locker room problems
- Is racist
- May not be fond of playing in a province with an NDP government

Just my thoughts. Feel free to critique! :)

- B

Wow after reading those cons I think not

15 hours ago, Lil B From The Pack said:

To VAN:

Tony DeAngelo (25% Retained by NYR)

Cons:
- A defensive liability (I might overlook this if it improves the powerplay)
- Locker room problems
- Is racist
- May not be fond of playing in a province with an NDP government

15 hours ago, DanHamhoose said:

I don't think they would do that? Jake is a career 3rd line plug. We'd have to start at Hughes and honestly from what I've seen I think I'd take the gamble. Something's gotta give.

Enj9XeV.gif

Edited by elvis15

On 2/7/2021 at 9:27 AM, Phil_314 said:

For all the hate on DeAngelo, there's also the fact that if Jake could be lazy and party too much in a mellower city like Vancouver, he's going to be so lost in the glitz and glamour of Broadway and Manhattan.  Sounds like a lose-lose (4th rounder ends up being the best value for us?)

Not sure how Covid restrictions are in the US. But aren't clubs and bars shutdown in NY? 

DeAngelo looks like a guy that would be better in an environment of veteran players. I am thinking maybe San Jose, Philadelphia, or Pittsburgh is a better fit for him. Or even a place with Nashville since their leadership core since their leadership core are mostly D-Men 

5 hours ago, iinatcc said:

DeAngelo looks like a guy that would be better in an environment of veteran players. I am thinking maybe San Jose, Philadelphia, or Pittsburgh is a better fit for him. Or even a place with Nashville since their leadership core since their leadership core are mostly D-Men 

The Rangers have a lot of veterans, and they've dumped De Angelo.

Keep this guy away from the Canucks.