The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, appleboy said:

They should decide the first overall draft pick based on the number of players who had covid.  

Come on Gary, give the Canucks the first overall pick.

Or, who survived COVID AND the most gruelling schedule ever imagined.

As a matter of fact, give us the first pick AND the cup this year. 

• Huggy Bear 2

20 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Or, who survived COVID AND the most gruelling schedule ever imagined.

As a matter of fact, give us the first pick AND the cup this year. 

I'm not being sarcastic, but if they win 5 of the remaining games, they deserve the first overall. The worst possible schedule ever drawn up for this team, the Olympic break was a cake walk compared to this.

• Vintage 1

I've reached a conclusion.

There's 5 main categories of the Canucks fanbase:

- Team loyalists. Either sheer loyalty or tradition, they support the team, the owners, and the GM. They may not agree with every move, but they overall approve the direction the team is going.

- Anti-Bennings: They support the team, Ownership doesn't really factor in. They may or may not support the coach. But they loathe every move Benning makes.

And each day Benning is still the GM they will complain until their fingers fall off.

- Anti-Green: Ownership and GM they might have issues with but they are ok with it. But they can't stand Green/ and or his assistants. They won't be happy until we

get a new coaching staff.

- Anti-Ownership: They feel the owners suck, and are meddling with every transaction. They don't care they are spending to the cap. They want the owners gone.

- Hate Everything Crowd: Somehow they like the team, but hate Owners, GM, and Coaching Staff. Maybe they like the players. But they want to clean house and new owners.

Technically there's a sixth group, called the lunatic fringe on CDC. These are the fans that make weird proposals (Like a 1st and 7th round pick and Erikisson for McDavid)

And they don't make those proposals as a joke, they are dead serious. 

Just my observation.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I've reached a conclusion.

There's 5 main categories of the Canucks fanbase:

- Team loyalists. Either sheer loyalty or tradition, they support the team, the owners, and the GM. They may not agree with every move, but they overall approve the direction the team is going.

- Anti-Bennings: They support the team, Ownership doesn't really factor in. They may or may not support the coach. But they loathe every move Benning makes.

And each day Benning is still the GM they will complain until their fingers fall off.

- Anti-Green: Ownership and GM they might have issues with but they are ok with it. But they can't stand Green/ and or his assistants. They won't be happy until we

get a new coaching staff.

- Anti-Ownership: They feel the owners suck, and are meddling with every transaction. They don't care they are spending to the cap. They want the owners gone.

- Hate Everything Crowd: Somehow they like the team, but hate Owners, GM, and Coaching Staff. Maybe they like the players. But they want to clean house and new owners.

Technically there's a sixth group, called the lunatic fringe on CDC. These are the fans that make weird proposals (Like a 1st and 7th round pick and Erikisson for McDavid)

And they don't make those proposals as a joke, they are dead serious. 

Just my observation.

I call that group, the trolls.

• Cheers 1

• -SN- unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic