The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

That's all we need ..... a few players short, weakened by covid and out of shape, playing back-to-back games.  Injuries waiting to happen.  Stay hunkered down, Petey

I wonder what would happen if all the Canucks players opted out for the remaining games. I don't think the NHL could do much about it, if it happened.

• Vintage 3

3 minutes ago, Googlie said:

That's all we need ..... a few players short, weakened by covid and out of shape, playing back-to-back games.  Injuries waiting to happen.  Stay hunkered down, Petey

Who said we needed to try? Just hang around the bench for 60 min. Holtby can just sit in front of the net for 60 min. 

:bigblush:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I wonder what would happen if all the Canucks players opted out for the remaining games. I don't think the NHL could do much about it, if it happened.

And it is telling that Jason Gregor said "..10..is the number of players comfortable to play a game". I wonder how many opted out. 

(But I thought the agreed NHL protocol was that a max of 10 players were allowed at once on the ice after a covid restart)

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Except the league doesn't care.

I don’t expect us to be fresh out of the gate even with 3 weeks off. 

Sounds rough for Hughes. An example for us young people to be more considerate and careful. 

• Vintage 2

Just now, Googlie said:

I'll bet they all have, to some extent.  Everyone I know that had it lost a little weight.

Was just going to say. Couldn’t have been just Huggy that lost weight unless it didn’t seriously effect the others which would be hard to believe

23 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

@SNuck: Would it make sense to create a new thread for the next game when we reach closer to game day? I think we should “social distance” ourselves from this thread and look at in the future as a thing of the past.

On it ;) 

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Quinn is the last guy we want losing weight. 

When you’re sick like this the weight you lose is mostly water. He’s probably been dehydrated as hell. Hard to lose muscle unless you stop physical activity for 3-4 weeks for average people. Likely longer for fully trained athletes. 

32 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I don’t expect us to be fresh out of the gate even with 3 weeks off. 

Sounds rough for Hughes. An example for us young people to be more considerate and careful. 

Yesterday the first person me and my wife know personally passed away after a month long battle with covid..   Leaving a wife of 45 and three teenagers.     It's not something to take lightly and Doubt the doctors or the training staff would let any player play if they aren't cleared.   I also know people who had a fever and the sniffles for a day and that was it... JB loves QHs.    "Slam dunk".,,,  Maybe some rust to expect but that's about it.   Otherwise TG and the training staff won't let them play.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

I mean I mentioned this earlier but it's pretty obvious. Guys coming off a respiratory illness and forced to play the schedule they have to in order to catch up.

I don't see this ending well, I think we see several injuries. I hope I'm wrong.

I hope we dress the entire taxi squad and play the guys that never got sick alot let the others rest even if it’s on the bench. 
Time to improve our lottery odds. 

these games do more good as loses than getting guys injured and winning  because they were rushed back.

Edited by combover