The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Panthers trade Vinnie Hinostroza to Blackhawks for Brad Morrison

Just now, CaptKirk888 said:

They were retreads @canuck73_3 based on the original post. Please read my post that was the response to @Dazzle My point was clear, please tell me what confusion it created? We never reacquired Vinny either.

You listed plugs, not players we acquired more than once. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, lmm said:

Hey check out Dunc's stats the second time around

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=5752

58 goals against and 2 saves

he musta just come back to retire as a Canuck but the Zamboni guy wasn't available 

for 17 games

ouch

LOL!  I don't think that's humanly possible.  On another amusing side note, Hockey db seems to show that he came back to us straight from the 'Broome Dusters' of the AHL...guess his stint in Broome didn't quiet prepare him for a return to the NHL! :lol:

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

LOL!  I don't think that's humanly possible.  On another amusing side note, Hockey db seems to show that he came back to us straight from the 'Broome Dusters' of the AHL...guess his stint in Broome didn't quiet prepare him for a return to the NHL! :lol:

old tyme hockeyy

no blue paint

no trapazoid

no waitin' til  next shift or the enforcer to step in

in the words of ol' Donnie

"" 29 in your program, number 1 in your hearts""

is that Ron Stackhouse tryin' to make the save, Alex Edler style?

and how about Gordie Laxton... did he kill children in his spare time???

Edited by lmm
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You listed plugs, not players we acquired more than once. 

Ok, back to the original quote, Vinnie Hinastroza was never re-acquired by the canucks. Nor were any of the players I mentioned. We acquired them. Dazzle said Vinnie was a retread, meaning a lower level player that was not worth acquiring. My point was that he is better than the players that we acquired, that they were retreads from other teams. 

Does that make sense?

Just now, CaptKirk888 said:

Ok, back to the original quote, Vinnie Hinastroza was never re-acquired by the canucks. Nor were any of the players I mentioned. We acquired them. Dazzle said Vinnie was a retread, meaning a lower level player that was not worth acquiring. My point was that he is better than the players that we acquired, that they were retreads from other teams. 

Does that make sense?

Hinostroza was never acquired by the Canucks period. He was reacquired by Chicago, hence a retread. 

22 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Hinostroza was never acquired by the Canucks period. He was reacquired by Chicago, hence a retread. 

Never mind. still missing the point and I don't care enough. Have a good easter my friend.

Edited by CaptKirk888
  • Cheers 1

On 4/4/2021 at 10:45 AM, lmm said:

Hey check out Dunc's stats the second time around

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=5752

58 goals against and 2 saves

he musta just come back to retire as a Canuck but the Zamboni guy wasn't available 

for 17 games

ouch

.033 save percentage that year 

Hard to believe at NHL level.

• RoughGame 1

On 4/3/2021 at 8:33 PM, lmm said:

I think that there is this mentality that we "Must win every trade"

and that we "Must wring every last drop of usefulness" out of every player before parting with them

this is very prevailent among posters, but I also feel it from management

Other teams seem to deal with players as assets.

"We needed a R shot D so we traded player X"

it does not involve team ego or the outgoing player letting the GM/coach down

player X can then be brought back without shame.

Canuckville is different

if Loui or Jake get traded we could run a lottery  for the right to "Drive them to the airport and tell them what a POS they are as player and human"

Over in the Pearson thread, I am discussing whether he should be traded or re-upped

I thnik trade other poster says sign for 3 years

IMO 3 years takes Pearson right to the cusp of uselessness, but posters often reply with"but 90 %of 3rd round picks never play in the NHL"

the oximoron is that we have a GM that is supposed to be able to find players in any round, but to trade a player for a pick is met with the above stat.

Yep people seem to think everything is binary or zero sum these days. You done need to ‘win’ a trade. All that is needed is an identifiable gap and a player who can fill that. You achieve  that great, if the player you traded out smashes it elsewhere great for them, but if they were surplus here does it even matter. 

you could argue that the oilers should trade McJesus and could have a far more complete team because of it. He could then go somewhere else and win. Would that mean the oilers lost? 

• Thanks 1