The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers Willing to Trade First-Round Pick For Player With Term

Rakell?? I mean I'd rather offer up Loui.:ph34r:

Seriously though I could see them looking at RR to play with Leon. One more year at a decent cap hit. Maybe a first and Baer??

General manager Ken Holland was asked during a media availability if he was adverse to trading his first-round pick this year since the team doesn’t have a lot of other draft picks. He said he wouldn’t move the first for a rental, but that if there was a player with term available that made sense, he would be open to it.

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-april-10-2021/

Edited by -Vintage Canuck-
Tags added.

2 minutes ago, Roger Rabby said:

But if he wanted a player asap then his options would be someone from here or Calgary. It is rumored Mony and Johnny will be traded but I doubt to Edmonton.

It would be a lot more convenient. No quarantine if you trade within Canada and get to the Oilers within 4-5 hours or whatever the NHL timeframe is. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

It would be a lot more convenient. No quarantine if you trade within Canada and get to the Oilers within 4-5 hours or whatever the NHL timeframe is. 

Gudreau if not traded will flee to eastern US, likely Philly after next season. Monahan is rumored to also likely to be traded but would Calgary trade him to Edmonton? It would allow LD and CM to play together and Monahan centre the 2nd line with RNH on his wing. But like I said we need to offer up LE!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Roger Rabby said:

Gudreau if not traded will flee to eastern US, likely Philly after next season. Monahan is rumored to also likely to be traded but would Calgary trade him to Edmonton? It would allow LD and CM to play together and Monahan centre the 2nd line with RNH on his wing. But like I said we need to offer up LE!!!!!!

All depends on what the Oilers would give. 

Habs are in a better position to make this sort of trade though. They have a ton of assets and new cap space with Gallagher out. A guy like Gudreau could be a good fit since they need offensive help. 

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

All depends on what the Oilers would give. 

Habs are in a better position to make this sort of trade though. They have a ton of assets and new cap space with Gallagher out. A guy like Gudreau could be a good fit since they need offensive help. 

I think every GM knows Johnny is signing in the eastern US after next year. It's Edmonton potentially offering a 1st. Calgary, Vancouver and Ottawa are Hollands options if he wants a player immediately. Maybe Dadonov but he isn't worth a 1st. Before this year he was but he hasn't been very good this season. 

Just now, Roger Rabby said:

I think every GM knows Johnny is signing in the eastern US after next year. It's Edmonton potentially offering a 1st. Calgary, Vancouver and Ottawa are Hollands options if he wants a player immediately. Maybe Dadonov but he isn't worth a 1st. Before this year he was but he hasn't been very good this season. 

Yeah. I wouldn’t expect the Flames to get too much given his play and cap hit. 

Still could be a decent pickup for this year and next year. He isn’t a UFA till 2022. Depends what teams have cap space opening  up for next year. 

Not sure what kind of players the Oilers need. 

19 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah. I wouldn’t expect the Flames to get too much given his play and cap hit. 

Still could be a decent pickup for this year and next year. He isn’t a UFA till 2022. Depends what teams have cap space opening  up for next year. 

Not sure what kind of players the Oilers need. 

Top 6 winger and they have to many young dmen. 

I would offer 

To Edm Schmidt, Motte & Pearson 

To Van Larsson, Turris & 1st rd 2020

This gives us a look at Larsson for the rest of the season and maybe get him signed. Turris would replace Sutter. 

• RoughGame 9

2 minutes ago, WCE said:

I would offer 

This gives us a look at Larsson for the rest of the season and maybe get him signed. Turris would replace Sutter. 

I would rather Schmidt than anything listed there, I would rather Motte than Larsson or Turris, I would rather Pearson over Larrson or Turris. Turris would not replace Sutter, our options within are better.

Edited by Tower102
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, babych said:

I heard Pearson just signed for 3 years...

40 minutes ago, Roger Rabby said:

Maybe this was Jim's plan all along. Pure brilliance!!!

8 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

May I interest you in a shiny brand new piece of Pearson? :ph34r:

Afaik, Pearson's ntc is not in effect yet.

11 minutes ago, WCE said:

I would offer 

Turris absolutely does not replace Sutter, his game has been falling off for years. Sutter actually plays a valuable role for a team with playoff aspirations. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, WCE said:

I would offer 

10 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

I would rather Schmidt than anything listed there, I would rather Motte than Larsson or Turris, I would rather Pearson over Larrson or Turris. Turris would not replace Sutter, our options within are better.

Larsson is actually an effective shut down dman.

Just now, Coconuts said:

Turris absolutely does not replace Sutter, his game has been falling off for years. Sutter actually plays a valuable role for a team with playoff aspirations. 

Edmonton is in need of a decent bottom 6 centre. The names that keep getting rumored are Glendening and Sutter. 

1 minute ago, Roger Rabby said:

Edmonton is in need of a decent bottom 6 centre. The names that keep getting rumored are Glendening and Sutter. 

They could use a Sutter, certainly. But it's quite possible we could use one ourselves. 

There's value in retaining Sutter at a smaller cap hit on a shorter term deal if he's willing to stick around, we're going to need a viable 3c next season and Boyd or Gaudette haven't demonstrated the ability to play the tough minutes he does effectively. Lot of folks would like Lowry, but I figure Winnipeg finds a way to retain him. 

I've looked through each team's roster on capfriendly and it doesn't look like there's going to be a glut of quality 3'cs available. 

• Cheers 3