The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Suspended 1 Game] MacEwen to have hearing for kneeing Oilers' Nurse

Rate this topic

-SN-

5000 dollar fine would of been fine but one game for that?, barley grazed him or hit him in the shoulder BigMac* was tryna pull off some sneaky stuff there and was dumb 2 min penalty would been fine even, if nurse was injured i'd have no problem with the suspension

Edited by TNucks1

6 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I went through the video frame by frame and not in any frame do I see Nurses head move the slightest which it would do if bumped. What Nurse did was way more dangerous but I guess Wilson already proved body slams are OK. I’m sure the suspension would be easy to swallow if there was any consistency, the lack of it is what pisses people off.

I have to say I thought I saw Nurse's head move so the DoPS was probably right on this one, as much as I hate to say it. It was still super minor but it's a knee and a head, and we couldn't see that until the angle they have in the video. If I saw that wrong and there was no contact, then I'll retract that statement

That said they didn't look at the wrestling takedown or the crosschecks, punches and slashes, or either of the Hamonic or Archibald hits. And that's just this game.

Edited by elvis15
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

I have to say I thought I saw Nurse's head move so the DoPS was probably right on this one, as much as I hate to say it. It was still super minor but it's a knee and a head, and we couldn't see that until the angle they have in the video. If I saw that wrong and there was no contact, then I'll retract that statement

That said they didn't look at the wrestling takedown or the crosschecks, punches and slashes, or either of the Hamonic or Archibald hits. And that's just this game.

Like I said, went through frame by frame, Nurse has his glove on his face seconds before Zack gets there. The glove would be in the way of the knee hitting the head. Also in each frame Nurses head is facing the exact same direction, I claim no contact was made with Nurses head.

First photo is well before Zack gets there, Nurse is holding his face, next 3 show at, during and after supposed contact, his head is facing the exact same way, look at the little white circle on his helmet, sorry, I call bullish!t.

23847E96-6350-49A8-8E3B-4D208B9B837A.png

C40F3E02-1BB2-4CCE-B75D-54C81AD05966.jpeg

C8955E77-05FB-4DE0-96B8-A17E1CB94BA2.jpeg

6DE67279-336A-4A03-B752-8ABB79763A78.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

First photo is well before Zack gets there, Nurse is holding his face, next 3 show at, during and after supposed contact, his head is facing the exact same way, look at the little white circle on his helmet, sorry, I call bullish!t.

23847E96-6350-49A8-8E3B-4D208B9B837A.png

C40F3E02-1BB2-4CCE-B75D-54C81AD05966.jpeg

C8955E77-05FB-4DE0-96B8-A17E1CB94BA2.jpeg

6DE67279-336A-4A03-B752-8ABB79763A78.jpeg

Here’s the thing, if safety is truly the goal I have no problem if they think it could have been dangerous and thus given him a suspension, problem I have is what Wilson did and then Nurses body slam, those play were extremely dangerous and one resulted in ending a players season. Then there was the two elbows to the head this game, one by us, one by the Oilers. They don’t care about safety, they’re trying to safe face after blowing it in the Wilson case and are scared if something happens tomorrow they’d really look stupid. They are just covering their butts, not protecting the players, they are incompetent!

15 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Like I said, went through frame by frame, Nurse has his glove on his face seconds before Zack gets there. The glove would be in the way of the knee hitting the head. Also in each frame Nurses head is facing the exact same direction, I claim no contact was made with Nurses head.

If he makes contact with the glove covering Nurse's face, it's still suspendable.

We all saw the above angle to start and were all against it being much of anything. It's only the angle from down the ice that's in the DoPS video that shows the head move as MacEwen's knee hits him. It's not massive contact, but it's contact. And now that I've seen it in the new angle, I can even see in the stills above where that point is as the second and third frame you have shows how Nurse's helmet at very least is at a different angle than before.

• Vintage 1

49 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

5000 dollar fine would of been fine but one game for that?, barley grazed him or hit him in the shoulder BigMac* was tryna pull off some sneaky stuff there and was dumb 2 min penalty would been fine even, if nurse was injured i'd have no problem with the suspension

if that would have been an oiler on a Canuck the same people saying this was overkill would have been calling for 5 games

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Here’s the thing, if safety is truly the goal I have no problem if they think it could have been dangerous and thus given him a suspension, problem I have is what Wilson did and then Nurses body slam, those play were extremely dangerous and one resulted in ending a players season. Then there was the two elbows to the head this game, one by us, one by the Oilers. They don’t care about safety, they’re trying to safe face after blowing it in the Wilson case and are scared if something happens tomorrow they’d really look stupid. They are just covering their butts, not protecting the players, they are incompetent!

Oh, I agree with the lack of anything on some plays, Wilson's being a prime example. I also mentioned Nurse's other antics that game and the Hamonic and Archibald hits as something that I thought would be looked at. I even forgot to mention the Larsson attempted elbow and had not even seen the McDavid contact with Schmidt. There's lots they're missing.

I honestly can't complain about this one though.

Just now, elvis15 said:

If he makes contact with the glove covering Nurse's face, it's still suspendable.

We all saw the above angle to start and were all against it being much of anything. It's only the angle from down the ice that's in the DoPS video that shows the head move as MacEwen's knee hits him. It's not massive contact, but it's contact. And now that I've seen it in the new angle, I can even see in the stills above where that point is as the second and third frame you have shows how Nurse's helmet at very least is at a different angle than before.

I posted pics earlier, his skate hits Nurses arm causing it to go back and his knee to go forward, even if there was minor contact which I do not see it wasn’t intentional, I also said it’s not the suspension, it’s the inconsistency, this suspension is not about safety, it’s about the DoP trying to save face, that’s the incompetence.

19 minutes ago, stawns said:

if that would have been an oiler on a Canuck the same people saying this was overkill would have been calling for 5 games

Malarkey. 

• Vintage 3

Hahahahahahahahhaahhahahhahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahah

OMG this must be a joke. Right?

This league is a *******  disgrace. 

Are we even surprised anymore.

We all spend our precious time  watching games that are inherently rigged to feed a few power hungry individuals ego pretending that they are conducting business with integrity and with outmost care and consideration. 

With what we’ve seen of the NHL’s past scandals and what we’ve witnessed the past few months with the corruption in the refereeing ranks in example the Tim Peele firing, it’s become abundantly clear to me that the NHL and those talking heads in the league office do not give a damn about the game nor the fans . The same fans that pay their salaries. 

so here we are.

in the year 2021, a former goon is in charge of handling player safety. Like think about that for a second. It’s totally fu Ck Ed up.

And I’m not even being dramatic, this is current reality in the NHL. Let that sink in. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, thundernuts said:

https://www.nhl.com/news/vancouver-canucks-zack-macewen-suspended-for-kneeing/c-324454092

If you watch video, it seems pretty clear that McEwen tried to knee him in the head while he was down.  Suspension seems fair to me.

I watched it still by still and do not see that but the suspension is not the issue, it’s the fact safety is not the focus in their decisions, big difference 

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I watched it still by still and do not see that but the suspension is not the issue, it’s the fact safety is not the focus in their decisions, big difference 

Watch the link that I posted from the league.  It is pretty clear.

https://www.nhl.com/news/vancouver-canucks-zack-macewen-suspended-for-kneeing/c-324454092

Edited by thundernuts
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, thundernuts said:

Watch the link that I posted from the league.  It is pretty clear.

I looked, from the other angle you see Zacks skate hit Nurses arm and his foot go backwards causing his knee to go forwards. Irregardless, I have no issue with the suspension, I have issues with the consistency and I believe they made the call not in the interest of player safety but to cover their asses, that’s the incompetence.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

I looked, from the other angle you see Zacks skate hit Nurses arm and his foot go backwards causing his knee to go forwards. Irregardless, I have no issue with the suspension, I have issues with the consistency and I believe they made the call not in the interest of player safety but to cover their asses, that’s the incompetence.

Inconsistency is definitely an issue, and has been for a looong time.  

Perhaps they did make the call to cover therir asses, but it was still the correct call.  Can’t knee a guy in the head when he’s down.

• Sad 1