The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Suspended 1 Game] MacEwen to have hearing for kneeing Oilers' Nurse

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Not sure how thats a suspendable play but the body slam, cross check to the head, slash, and throat punches by Nurse arent even reviewable.

Honestly, I am not one for another Bertuzzi incident but someone needs to rough up McDavid next game. Like elbow to the face like he did to Schmidt. Another play that was borne out of frustration and should have resukted in a suspension.

I want McDavid to get wwe body slammed a good few times tomorrow. Apparently those are legal and not suspend-able. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, 24K PureCool said:

I want McDavid to get wwe body slammed a good few times tomorrow. Apparently those are legal and not suspend-able. 

Honestly, if someone does it thats an easy 20 game suspension with whatever justification dps comes up with.

I still want to see it happen.

Theres an opportunity for a Canuck to become bulletproof in the fans eyes next game. Just not a lot of horses other than Mac who are tough enough to do it.

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Honestly, if someone does it thats an easy 20 game suspension with whatever justification dps comes up with.

I still want to see it happen.

Theres an opportunity for a Canuck to become bulletproof in the fans eyes next game. Just not a lot of horses other than Mac who are tough enough to do it.

You're overestimating McDiver's toughness.  Just need to feed him a few shots after his dives and he'll have an actual injury to cry about.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

You're overestimating McDiver's toughness.  Just need to feed him a few shots after his dives and he'll have an actual injury to cry about.

Its not McDavid's toughness. Its more the fact that the only player on our team who would do it is Mac.

Wouldnt mind seeing Hamonic punch the $&!# out of McDavid though.

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Its not McDavid's toughness. Its more the fact that the only player on our team who would do it is Mac.

Wouldnt mind seeing Hamonic punch the $&!# out of McDavid though.

Sadly, this is true. McDavis a big boy, and our team is small. It really is. That’s why it sucks seeing Tryamkin gone. We are in desperate need of more size and grit.

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

Sadly, this is true. McDavis a big boy, and our team is small. It really is. That’s why it sucks seeing Tryamkin gone. We are in desperate need of more size and grit.

I know it would never happen but would love to see Horvat challenge him, captain to captain, to a fight at center ice.

McDavid actually has fought in junior iirc.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Cheers 1

Single leg take downs happen a lot in MMA, good wrestling move.

Nurse used it well in the fight. 

Oh, wait... this is hockey and it is really dangerous to slam a guy backwards on to a hard ice surface.

What in heaven is going on?

I've been watching hockey for almost 40 years. We fans know what we are seeing. Things have to change.

Hearing that Mac is suspended is unreal. Saw the clip of his vicious offence... no.thing.burger. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

What really pisses me off is they are suspending him for intent if thats what we are suspending for now why the &^@# didnt larrson get a hearing for this https://streamable.com/jlkr0m

Wow I hadn’t seen that one. It’s funny how the big softies always go after the little guy. And then cower away when the bigger guy comes to have a word. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Completely deserved. DOS nailed this one. You can't knee someone in the head no matter how lightly. No repeat offender. Serve and carry on.

It was a love tap. How is this a suspy but there’s not a peep about the Mcdavid elbow to Schmidt’s face? One is clearly worse than the other. 

• Vintage 1

Parros is absolute horse$&!# at his job. The NHLPA needs to ban together and get this guy canned, for their own protection. He suspends Mac on a nothing play and Wilson, a repeat offender gets a fine. Good grief!

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

Except GMs are supporting him.  It’s GMs that decide the rule book that the DoPS has to enforce.

ya well Gms are afraid of the league, it is time for them to get some kahoonies and stand up to Bettman and Parros!

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, bree2 said:

ya well Gms are afraid of the league, it is time for them to get some kahoonies and stand up to Bettman and Parros!

Refusing to ice a team until the NHL does the right thing and fires Parros before someone dies thanks to his criminally negligent misconduct might do.  Hit the league in the wallet.

• Vintage 1