The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 15, 12:30 p.m. l SNP | PLAYOFFS EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

If he’s exposed he’s gone. It would be a no brainer for them. Myers is overpaid but not grossly as some suggest. There just isn’t RH defencemen around and Myers is decent af. 

I’d be good with that.

I think we can do more with that 6 mil. Fill out the wings and get a third line center.

If we qualify Rafferty and Bailey, Kraken are much more likely to take one of them than Lind, Gadjovich or Motte. Either would check more than one of their boxes, I reckon 

(Disclaimer: ofc I am biased as I'd love to see either play in Palm Springs)

Edited by Googlie

Just now, DeNiro said:

I’d be good with that.

I think we can do more with that 6 mil. Fill out the wings and get a third line center.

Depends though. Can we replace Myers? Although defence isn’t our strong point and I would argue that has more to do with Baumgartner then the actually players we have but it’s pretty obvious we are worse off back there without Myers.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Googlie said:

Ir we qualify Rafferty and Bailey, Kraken are much more likely to take one of them than Lind, Gadjovich or Motte. Either would check more than one of their boxes, I reckon 

Would be a mistake to expose any young prospect at this point IMO.

We’re not close enough to be protecting year old players who aren’t part of the core.

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Depends though. Can we replace Myers? Although defence isn’t our strong point and I would argue that has more to do with Baumgartner then the actually players we have but it’s pretty obvious we are worse off back there without Myers.

Yes we can.

We’re not getting nearly enough out of the D for how much we spend.

He’s had a good season but I personally don’t think he fits the long term plans. Isn’t mobile enough and doesn’t use his size enough. Also has a very inaccurate shot.

If we can free up 6 mil and sign a shorter term vet to fill that spot I’d be happy. His contract will not look good for much longer.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Can work on that without giving good hard to replace players away for free :picard:

Better than giving budding prospects away for free, now that would be dumb.

Theres a Myers level player available every offseason that we can overpay. Giving him away for free? We’re gaining cap space which is very valuable to us right now.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Better than giving budding prospects away for free, now that would be dumb.

Theres a Myers level player available every offseason that we can overpay. Giving him away for free? We’re gaining cap space which is very valuable to us right now.

What budding prospects are we giving away? Remember the uproar when we lost Frankie Corrado? You’re sounding a lot like that right now. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Well, if we're gonna win a game at this point in the season it may as well be against Edmonton

&^@# the Oilers 

I’d like to say that about the Flames one more time too. Preferably tomorrow. Lose the other 2 I’ll be working lol

• Cheers 2

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

What budding prospects are we giving away? Remember the uproar when we lost Frankie Corrado? You’re sounding a lot like that right now. 

Frankie Corrado? Give me a break :lol:

Lind and Gadjovich were 2nd round picks for a reason and they’re just on the verge of breaking out.

I would not lose sleep over losing Myers. I would lose sleep if Lind or Gadjovich became another Alex Tuch. 

This team is too thin up front to be giving up any forward prospects.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Frankie Corrado? Give me a break :lol:

Lind and Gadjovich were 2nd round picks for a reason and they’re just on the verge of breaking out.

I would not lose sleep over losing Myers. I would lose sleep if Lind or Gadjovich became another Alex Tuch. 

This team is too thin up front to be giving up any forward prospects.

You’re acting as if the team isn’t aware of every angle. No reason to panic at all at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I’d like to say that about the Flames one more time too. Preferably tomorrow. Lose the other 2 I’ll be working lol

I've been on team tank for a while, I'd rather have a high pick. I'd rather us slide to end the season, losing em all, but I'm not gonna complain about a win either as the guys are clearly happier when they win. 

I'll be too busy with my practicum to watch any of the games anyway, I haven't been able to watch one in weeks. 

Hoping for lottery luck, but realistically this franchise doesn't get much of that. Any draft related luck we've had in recent years stems from other teams making questionable decisions resulting in dropping players (Hughes/Podz). Obviously Pettersson and Boeser were home runs, but I credit them to scouting more than luck. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yes we can.

We’re not getting nearly enough out of the D for how much we spend.

He’s had a good season but I personally don’t think he fits the long term plans. Isn’t mobile enough and doesn’t use his size enough. Also has a very inaccurate shot.

If we can free up 6 mil and sign a shorter term vet to fill that spot I’d be happy. His contract will not look good for much longer.

I don’t know if I agree but I understand that argument. Especially the couple years down the road point. Cap space would be ideal but I can’t see us just exposing in for that. 

We already need RH defencemen. I find Myers mobile actually I’d say he’s a great skater but as far as using his body more idk refs seem to have it in for him there. He has one great reach obviously and a leader on the team. After what happened last summer and the start of this year. Keeping glue guys around is probably a good idea.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

You’re acting as if the team isn’t aware of every angle. No reason to panic at all at this point. 

They may be aware of it but it doesn’t mean Benning doesn’t think he can sneak one of them past Seattle.

Lets not forget this is a guy that easily could have lost Markstrom on waivers.