The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 15, 12:30 p.m. l SNP | PLAYOFFS EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Players share fault too if we're honest with ourselves. There have been clear instances of a lack of execution this season too. 

Players standing around defensively is kind of the strategy. When they get beat like they stole something or give up 40 shots per game as a result its kind of hard to lay too much blame on them. Our defense, minus a clearly declining Edler, is not suited to the system and style they are asked to play.

16 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I said right off the top it was a hypothetical.

Its not outside the realm of possibility tbh.

I was simply asking if it would alter your opinion on anything with Benning or Green.

Anything over a 1 yr deal would disappoint me, but 4 million would be a shock

• Cheers 1

I think Juolevi has played reasonably well. If he is paired with Schmidt, Rathbone with Myers, and they can find a true #1 quality all around rhd to pair with Hughes, plus change the coaching and employ a more aggressive defensive structure, I teally think our defense could improve in a hurry.

I like Hamonic but I just dont think he is the long term solution for Hughes.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Players standing around defensively is kind of the strategy. When they get beat like they stole something or give up 40 shots per game as a result its kind of hard to lay too much blame on them. Our defense, minus a clearly declining Edler, is not suited to the system and style they are asked to play.

It's a strategy, but it's not hockey. It the Statscapades™.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Thats what I was trying to determine. I like talking to realistic people. 

Well you have to seek them out on CDC because there's not much realism going on here

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Fair assessment, I still like Green as a coach personally but if losing Green means moving on from the other 2 which is the bigger issue so be it imo. 

This is how I feel. If Greenstays on with new, experienced assistant coaches, I would be ok with that. I dont think Hreen is the main problem, but he is one problem right now.

I know Travis personally and he is smart and stubborn and will become a better coach wherever he ends up.

The main issue is Benning and Weisbrod to me. Give Travis a better roster and I would have no doubt he can eventually get over the hump. At this point though, a new experienced head coach might be needed to get through the next few years and to build an identity though.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

This is how I feel. If Greenstays on with new, experienced assistant coaches, I would be ok with that. I dont think Hreen is the main problem, but he is one problem right now.

I know Travis personally and he is smart and stubborn and will become a better coach wherever he ends up.

The main issue is Benning and Weisbrod to me. Give Travis a better roster and I would have no doubt he can eventually get over the hump. At this point though, a new experienced head coach might be needed to get through the next few years and to build an identity though.

Much nicer perspective than the Green is garbage/rookie rhetoric spewed here on a daily basis. Always good chatting with you even if we don’t completely agree on everything. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I think Juolevi has played reasonably well. If he is paired with Schmidt, Rathbone with Myers, and they can find a true #1 quality all around rhd to pair with Hughes, plus change the coaching and employ a more aggressive defensive structure, I teally think our defense could improve in a hurry.

I like Hamonic but I just dont think he is the long term solution for Hughes.

Thats alot of what if's and wishful thinking. Realistically we have quality defenseman just not the right mix

• Cheers 1

Lots of talk about sitting vets and playing new guys tonight. Can we hear some names please. Who did you want to see that was eligible to play?

Here are some of the guys who got in tonight: Michealis, Hawryluk, MacEwen, Graovic, Rathbone, Chatfield, Vesey, Boyd, Highmore and the guy everyone says has lost it, Edler. That’s a pretty large number.

Ice time was spread out more than we ever see from Travis. I guess the fourth line could have played a little more if I’m being picky. 

Short of telling the players to lose (which is never going to happen and there would be literal he’ll to pay from the league) what more are you asking for? Remember, throwing games is highly illegal. Green dressed a pretty inferior lineup and they won anyways. Jeez, get over it already.

487F6FCA-9F25-439B-BEE3-89E5C417B904.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1