The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Similarities With VAN & OTT

Rate this topic

Nuxfanabroad

1 hour ago, khay said:

I hope you are right. I support and cheer on OJ fully.

I just don't think we can say that he is a surefire top 4 just yet. He's got a good offensive instincts and moves the puck well but his defensive game needs work. For one, his (what was once highly touted) skating has taken step back through all those injuries and defensive zone coverage including lateral movements and turning needs to improve.

I see Juolevi becoming an all around top 4D like Edler at some point. We've seen some positive signs this season, I hope he can build on that.

I think were seeing the same things. All Juolevi needs is ice time and he will be fine

• Cheers 1

MAJOR BUMP!

Come back to this thread, bc would say OTT is becoming an excellent case-study. Our timelines are a lil' different, but selling guys like JTM can be illustrated beneficial, when one considers the Sens' scenario. Vet assets like Karlsson & Stone sure paid dividends.

With all their youth, speed & grit, not sure our boys will match up well, in the shorter term. Over the season, expect Van will be above Ott by perhaps 3-5 spots.

• Cheers 2

On 7/26/2022 at 3:07 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

MAJOR BUMP!

Come back to this thread, bc would say OTT is becoming an excellent case-study. Our timelines are a lil' different, but selling guys like JTM can be illustrated beneficial, when one considers the Sens' scenario. Vet assets like Karlsson & Stone sure paid dividends.

With all their youth, speed & grit, not sure our boys will match up well, in the shorter term. Over the season, expect Van will be above Ott by perhaps 3-5 spots.

I absolutely agree and would love that all this patience is going to result in a Matt Duchene trade return like the Av’s got it like you said what the Sens got from the Sharks. 

I hope I’m wrong in the messaging JR spoke of a few weeks ago when he said JTM doesn’t have to be dealt until the next TDL. We won’t trade him if we are a borderline playoff team in February. You see how trades like these speed up the competitive window. We act like we are in one but we do not have the horses to consider ourselves a contender. Thanks for the bump, Sens looking on track with their rebuild.

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

MAJOR BUMP!

I just want to see Ottawa make the 2nd round before the Laffs :D 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Muttley said:

No matter what way you cut it, there aint much for similarities when one team finishes with 73 points and the other with 92.

Sens have a rookie coach; D.J. Smith, and we have Bruce > there it is < Boudreau.         

Surely(not Shirley!) you can see their enviable stash of talented ELC youth, & visualize a building, upwards trajectory?

MAJOR BUMP!

Times and circumstances are different though.
- Nobody has cap space right now except for tanking teams
- Though Erik only had 1 year left (like Miller), the Sharks viewed Karlsson as a major building block that they would poach as a result of the Sens' fallout, so they paid up; ref. the above point about cap space, I wonder if Miller has any more value than Canes trade target Pacioretty (I'd be elated if someone did view him highly).  If we could get a Brannstrom  (top-4 level defenseman prospect at the time) and Sokolov (AHL scorer, yet to break out in the NHL) for Miller with 1 year left after the aforementioned cap dump trades, I would be pretty happy (even a young, stable RHD would be great).