The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Honest Conversation With Those Who Still Support Management

Rate this topic

JohnTavares

1 hour ago, kanucks25 said:

whenever someone suggested what's happening now would happen.

Oh well :bigblush:

That's quite the prediction you [liars] made a few years back.  You [liars] could possibly be the only people on the planet that predicted both Petey and Boeser falling off a cliff.  With predictions like that, I'm sure that you "25-30 year old geniuses" at HF can give us all stock tips and what not.  

• Wat 1

29 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

That's quite the prediction you [liars] made a few years back.  You [liars] could possibly be the only people on the planet that predicted both Petey and Boeser falling off a cliff.  With predictions like that, I'm sure that you "25-30 year old geniuses" at HF can give us all stock tips and what not.  

jim-halpert-face.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

People need to understand that the biggest crisis facing this team is not the coaching staff nor management team, it is Boeser and Pettersson. If Boeser and Pettersson are guaranteed franchise players then this season is nothing but a delay to the long term plan. New coaches and managers can be hired to continue on the path if needed. 

However, if the ownership and management team are all WRONG to build this team around Boeser and Pettersson...................................pain, endless pain.................................  

1 minute ago, Maddogy said:

People need to understand that the biggest crisis facing this team is not the coaching staff nor management team, it is Boeser and Pettersson. If Boeser and Pettersson are guaranteed franchise players then this season is nothing but a delay to the long term plan. New coaches and managers can be hired to continue on the path if needed. 

However, if the ownership and management team are all WRONG to build this team around Boeser and Pettersson...................................pain, endless pain.................................  

I don't think we can tell until they play for an actual NHL head coach for the first time in their careers.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I don't think we can tell until they play for an actual NHL head coach for the first time in their careers.

I keep coming back to this as well. I want to see who's really a player we want to trade after 30 games away from Baumer. 

36 minutes ago, JohnTavares said:

This interaction basically exemplifies the 8 years of Benning Bros v.s. people who critique management. :lol:

Except "your boy" tucked his tail between his legs and ran away from my post on his status update..........so yes, I would agree with you.  This interaction basically exemplifies those who critique management, and those that explain management's actions and point to the fact that there may have been other circumstances involved.  

Exhibit A:

No one ever once said that the North Division was "tough."   Once again, you are making $&!# up because that's what your leaders MS and Y2K at HF Canucks have instructed you to do.  

As far as this year goes, the Canucks would have been a middle of the road team had Pettersson and Boeser not completely fallen off a cliff.  So - if you or your "clan" at HF accurately predicted that Petey and Boeser would completely tank this season, then kudos.  From what I can tell though, "your people" predicted the following:

1) OEL would be a train-wreck.

2) The OEL-Myers pairing would get hemmed.

3) Dickinson would be an upgrade over Sutter, Beagle, and Gaudette as Dickinson had pretty good defensive metrics in a number of defensive categories from an analytics perspective (this was touted as one of the "few good moves" that Benning had made throughout his tenure)

4) The Canucks would struggle mightily 5 on 5.

5) Our team would be overly reliant on its Powerplay

6) Our PK would suck.

So congrats - "your people" got #6 right, and #4 to a minor extent.  

Not one of you guys however mentioned anything about Pettersson or Boeser.  

"Your people" are standing there in pretention claiming that "we told you that this would happen," but the Canucks are failing due to completely different reasons.   I have no idea what happened in the lorckerroom in 2020-2021, or what went on behind the scenes in the 2020 off-season, but something must have definitely happened.  

Other than letting Toffoli walk and being overly loyal to Travis Green, I can't see a single mistake that Benning made post 2020 bubble playoffs.  Nate Schmidt for a 3rd should have been a steal.  Hamonic, on paper, wasn't that much of a downgrade from Tanev.....only difference being that Hamonic came with much better term and money.  Holtby (a 1A goalie) was required in order to help insulate Demko into his new role as a #1.  

Even this year, guys like Garland, Hamonic, and Demko shouldn't be that much of a downgrade from Toffoli, Tanev, and Markstrom.......except with the former three, we have much more favourable term and money.  

Demko faces a lot of high danger chances, but not to the extent that Markstrom was facing in 19-20.    

But hey - if you guys predicted that Pettersson, Boeser, and Dickinson would be complete non-entities this season, then more power to you.

Edited by Patel Bure
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wat 1

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

did we have a bet? 

I just think playing hindsight is easy, but enjoy yourself I guess? seems like a weird time to be doing an end zone dance. 

Him and his boys at HF are trying to tell us that "we told you so", but they really didn't.  Refer to my post above this one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patel Bure said:

Except "your boy" tucked his tail between his legs and ran away from my post on his status update..........so yes, I would agree with you.  This interaction basically exemplifies those who critique management, and those that explain management's actions and point to the fact that there may have been other circumstances involved.  

Exhibit A:

No one ever once said that the North Division was "tough."   Once again, you are making $&!# up because that's what your leaders MS and Y2K at HF Canucks have instructed you to do.  

As far as this year goes, the Canucks would have been a middle of the road team had Pettersson and Boeser not completely fallen off a cliff.  So - if you or your "clan" at HF accurately predicted that Petey and Boeser would completely tank this season, then kudos.  From what I can tell though, "your people" predicted the following:

1) OEL would be a train-wreck.

2) The OEL-Myers pairing would get hemmed.

3) Dickinson would be an upgrade over Sutter, Beagle, and Gaudette as Dickinson had pretty good defensive metrics in a number of defensive categories from an analytics perspective (this was touted as one of the "few good moves" that Benning had made throughout his tenure)

4) The Canucks would struggle mightily 5 on 5.

5) Our team would be overly reliant on its Powerplay

6) Our PK would suck.

So congrats - "your people" got #6 right, and #4 to a minor extent.  

Not one of you guys however mentioned anything about Pettersson or Boeser.  

"Your people" are standing there in pretention claiming that "we told you that this would happen," but the Canucks are failing due to completely different reasons.   I have no idea what happened in the lorckerroom in 2020-2021, or what went on behind the scenes in the 2020 off-season, but something must have definitely happened.  

Other than letting Toffoli walk and being overly loyal to Travis Green, I can't see a single mistake that Benning made post 2020 bubble playoffs.  Nate Schmidt for a 3rd should have been a steal.  Hamonic, on paper, wasn't that much of a downgrade from Tanev.....only difference being that Hamonic came with much better term and money.  Holtby (a 1A goalie) was required in order to help insulate Demko into his new role as a #1.  

Even this year, guys like Garland, Hamonic, and Demko shouldn't be that much of a downgrade from Toffoli, Tanev, and Markstrom.......except with the former three, we have much more favourable term and money.  

Demko faces a lot of high danger chances, but not to the extent that Markstrom was facing in 19-20.    

But hey - if you guys predicted that Pettersson, Boeser, and Dickinson would be complete non-entities this season, then more power to you.

You’re arguing with a Leaf’s fan.  Seriously, the poster chose “pyjama boy” for his name.  

image.jpeg.2b1d8b775ee8a504675a5d371989819a.jpeg

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Patel Bure said:

Him and his boys at HF are trying to tell us that "we told you so", but they really didn't.  Refer to my post above this one. 

yeah I know. If we weren't all in bed with them then we're all "Benning Bro's" which is a weird label unto itself. 

Its a hard time to be a fan, and obnoxious posts about I told ya so really don't do much but want to ignore them even more. 

• Cheers 1