2nd rounder(40th overall)

pros:

-get a better dman than schmidt right away

-opens up cap this offseason 

-wants to play in vancouver

- definitely no edler back to the team

cons 

- HIS CONTRACT!!! Signed till 2027 at 8.25

personally i think it helps us in the short term as we would have money to go for a savard or larrson in free agency.

For arizona it lets them get out of a long contract and opens up a lot of money for them in a years time while also getting a high pick and a serviceable player like schmidt. A good move for them in the long run. 

Edited by Bertuzzipunch
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Still scratching my head why people think we can get OEL for very little while dumping Ericsson on them. Most unrealistic wet dream ever. 

Because they have a dman that they would rather pay the big bucks for. Its exactly the same reason we got schmidt. They tried trading him last year but it didnt work out but that dont mean they wont have talks this offseason. Schmidt isnt little hes a top 4 dman in the league. If they want us to take a big contract then they have to bend and help us out as well and could easily buy him out for not much money. Adding a top pick for a team without a 1st isnt “little” either

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I like it.  OEL is 29, so his contract ends at the same age that Edler is now.  He is our immediate Edler replacement.  I would want the Coyotes to retain 1.5 million though.  

I'd like a date with Hayley Atwell but thats not going to happen either. 

I actually like the idea of OEL and Schmidt being the main pieces in a deal, just not sure quite how to make it work to everyone's liking or make the cap work. I know one thing for sure, Loui is our problem. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'd like a date with Hayley Atwell but thats not going to happen either. 

I actually like the idea of OEL and Schmidt being the main pieces in a deal, just not sure quite how to make it work to everyone's liking or make the cap work. I know one thing for sure, Loui is our problem. 

Loui and Rooster only have one more year each, right?  If the Coyotes would do the deal OEL for Schmidt, and retain 2.5 per then just trade the two players straight across?  

Had to Google Haley Atwell.  Yup.  I don’t have a fancy car for said date, but my scooter is Ferrari

red.:frantic:

Edited by Alflives

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Loui and Rooster only have one more year each, right?  If the Coyotes would do the deal OEL for Schmidt, and retain 2.5 per then just trade the two players straight across?  

If they want to get rid of a contract that they dont wanna pay anymore then they can take a problem out of our hands. If canucks pay loui the 1 million bonus that means loui would only need to be paid 3 mill for next season. We would be paying OEL almost 50 mill for the next 6 years which they obviously dont want to. So paying 6 mill to both rousell and loui for only 1 season is not much to ask for imo. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'd do that deal. I would think AZ would demand at least one pick or a-prospect to grease the wheels.... I'd suspect they'd want Hoglander, so that would be a hard no. Maybe add Juolevi and Lockwood? 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Had to Google Haley Atwell.  Yup. 

I like the classic look 

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

If they want to get rid of a contract that they dont wanna pay anymore then they can take a problem out of our hands. If canucks pay loui the 1 million bonus that means loui would only need to be paid 3 mill for next season. We would be paying OEL almost 50 mill for the next 6 years which they obviously dont want to. So paying 6 mill to both rousell and loui for only 1 season is not much to ask for imo. 

True, but do we want to pay OEL 8.5 for those six years?  Maybe we keep Loui and Rooster, and trade Schmidt strait across?  But they will have to retain, no?  

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I'd do that deal. I would think AZ would demand at least one pick or a-prospect to grease the wheels.... I'd suspect they'd want Hoglander, so that would be a hard no. Maybe add Juolevi and Lockwood? 

I like the classic look 

They can have OJ, but not Lockwood.  Schmidt, OJ and Lind for OEL (2.5) retention?  

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I like the classic look 

Definitely a no if they want hög. Nope they can get lost.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

They can have OJ, but not Lockwood.  Schmidt, OJ and Lind for OEL (2.5) retention?  

I'd be pretty happy with that deal, OJ and Lind make up for the loss of picks for AZ this year too. 2.5 might be too far, but maybe 1 mil is enough? its only 1.25 more than Nate so we should be able to manage that. 

• Like 1

The deal in the OP allows us to send out $15m in cap while only bringing $8.5m back, simultaneously improving our defense. I think its a no brainer. I don't see ARI doing this deal, but VAN would be all over it.

My only concern is the NMC for the length of the contract. I wouldn't honour this when he is traded to VAN.

Firstly, this space would allow us to resign Pettersson and Hughes to long term deals, instead of bridge deals.

Secondly, it would afford us the ability to resign Hamonic, plus add another top RHD like Larsson (a Larsson/Larsson top pairing), plus sign a decent long term 3C (e.g. Wennberg).

• Cheers 1