The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] brining in 2 home town boys to improve the top 9

12 hours ago, Whaleroad Train said:

Why would any "Hometown hero" want to play here, after the way we treated our last hometown hero in Troy Stecher?

Umm.  Ok not talking about the same level of player are we.    Detroit didn't even play him all the time and look at their team.   

No to Reinhardt.   Could just leave the following year not worth the risk.   RNH reportedly turned down a long term deal at 7AAV .... so why would he not just stay?   No to him as well, we don't need him.   

Not sure how we ended up with Foote lol.   Sure that would be great.  

Trading a 9th overall it better be a very good player coming back.   Doubt the core contends with two years of no first rounders, would have to be some sort of lopsided thing or no thanks.   We have Podz coming up why don't we see what he can do before committing to long term forwards?  Our D is where we need the most attention.   

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Was offered 7 x 7 or something like that...should have signed it. 

Yep.

He's on average a 20+g and 60+ pts.  He's not a game breaker.  So $7M is a reasonable salary.  Now it's a flat cap for a few more years.  At most a $6M-6.5M per year.

1) I’m not a huge fan of Nuge due to his soft style.

2) Those other trades would be fantastic but I’m not sure if those other teams would agree to those.  

Ryan Graves would be a fantastic addition but I can’t see the Avs moving him for such a low price.