The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Going to Cabo, where do I stay ?

AriGold

16 minutes ago, AriGold said:

Where have you stayed ? Was it any good ? Should I avoid any places ? Let me know.

Family of 3, looking to spend around 8K max CAD.

Let me know!

how old is your kid? 

1 hour ago, AriGold said:

Where have you stayed ? Was it any good ? Should I avoid any places ? Let me know.

Let me know!

I stayed at Dreams....didn't really like it.

Good drinks, food wasn't great, small resort, beach sucked, pool average, nice room.

Question on travel- I don't want to debate about COVID specifically but what are you finding or learning about international travel and infrastructure etc?

For example I want to go to Hawaii but can't find a rental car for under $1k and the borders aren't open yet.

4 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I stayed at Dreams....didn't really like it.

Good drinks, food wasn't great, small resort, beach sucked, pool average, nice room.

Yeah I'm a big resort person..

We're looking at Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa 

They got a 1 bed suite for $400 a night, really good price.

Edited by AriGold

9 hours ago, smithers joe said:

is that cabo st lucas? way to hot for me. my son had me go to the cabo wabo club and get him a certain kind of tikilla. didn't stay there, i was on a cruise. lots of rick shaws.  good luck.

I went there maybe 6 years ago....wasn't hot I don't even think it cracked 35 but I guess it depends on the time of year.

17 hours ago, AriGold said:

Just booked this resort, the offer was too good to pass up.. Man if feels good to look forward to something finally...

playa-grande-resort.jpg?w=1400&h=-1&s=1

Nice looks awesome!  I have only ever been to the other side of Mexico on the Puerto section. Wifes been looking at Mexico or Hawaii next year as something to look forward to because she keeps getting cheap deal emails.  Going to have to find somewhere where a 1.5 and 4 year can have fun though.

Edited by Russ

On 6/12/2021 at 8:55 AM, AriGold said:

Let me know!

Avoid airbnb type of places the cartels are using them to abduct people.

• Upvote 1

Cabo is my favorite place to visit in Mexico.  A bit more laid back than Cancun.  Also doesn't have the big city Vibe that Puerto Vallarta or Mazatlan has.  Many visit there to fish for Marlin and Tuna as it is famous for its excellent billfish opportunities.  As you probably can tell, the surf on the Pacific Side beaches is much too rough for wading or swimming but there are plenty of other beaches that will allow that.  Judging by the picture of your resort, you seem to have easy access to the harbour.  I recommend taking a water taxi to Lovers beach and the arch.  I can literally visit those beaches every day.  Also don't miss the snorkelling at Pelican beach which is close by.  

IMGP0814.thumb.JPG.1922f2169c89d9bd64b58c27a645b746.JPG

• Cheers 1