The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-22 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

What did that Sutter head shot on DiPietro look like last night?? That looked completely predatory to me. The puck was no where near the goalie and he just cruises by and lifts his elbow into his mask. Or am I wrong on that? I watched on AHL live, but camera was panning away before Sutter got to him.

It was certainly deliberate. It's difficult if not impossible to prove what someone is or was thinking, but the guy skated through the middle of the crease with his elbow out.. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I want this guy signed to an NHL 2 way deal and called up in the new year. Guy is tough, could've used him against Boston... Still chaps me that all the players did nothing about it but me as a fan and someone who has played quite a bit of hockey sees that as a clear dirty hit with attempt to injure and the Rat should have had to pay the piper when someone went after him for doing it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Very interesting decision to scratch Klimovich, Sautner, Brisebois, and Focht.

Much have wanted to get different looks in. 

I think so too. The team is full again and Cull in the past has rotated his guys in and out to keep his players in game shape. Top lines usually never change but he will switch guys out in his bottom 6 quite frequently to get players some playing time.

Sautner may be injured tho, he got shaken up pretty good the night before. Brisbois he may be bringing back slowly too, he's been on the shelf for a while. Focht to me, hasn't looked great. Not compared to last season. Klim has slowed down too. Focht and Klim make sense to me. Get some practice time in and work on some details then get them back onto the ice again soon.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Wow very interesting how quickly Carson Focht got demoted.

Was one of the bright spots for Utica last season, and despite starting as the 2C for Abbotsford, he went from being demoted to the fourth line, to the W, and healthy scratched for 2 games. To be sent down to Kalamazoo before guys like Tristan Nielsen, Karel Plasek and Ethan Keppen should serve as a wake up call for Focht.

He has struggled a lot in his own zone. The same level of tenacity and work ethic hasn't been there either which explains how quickly his role was diminished. Much like Klimovich, he needs a reset. 

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Wow very interesting how quickly Carson Focht got demoted.

Was one of the bright spots for Utica last season, and despite starting as the 2C for Abbotsford, he went from being demoted to the fourth line, to the W, and healthy scratched for 2 games. To be sent down to Kalamazoo before guys like Tristan Nielsen, Karel Plasek and Ethan Keppen should serve as a wake up call for Focht.

He has struggled a lot in his own zone. The same level of tenacity and work ethic hasn't been there either which explains how quickly his role was diminished. Much like Klimovich, he needs a reset. 

I would not read to much into that, We have no knowledge of what is actually going on with him but the release says it is for conditioning purposes  so I would expect him to be back up with Abby in a week or two.