Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Jason Dickinson

5 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

So, I am calling it now

Pettersson.............8 yrs @ 8.75 per

Hughes..................3 yrs @ 6.75 per

I'm gonna go, Hughes 8×8.43 or 3×5.

Petey, 3×7.25 or 8× 9.40.

Personally I think Quinn takes 7-8 years setting himself up at 28-29 Petey sets himself up for 25.

3 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Depends on Miller's season.  If he plays like he did before this past half-season, no way I want to part with him.  He lead the team in terms of emotion, intensity and heart while putting up points.  He's exactly the player you want in the playoffs. 

I want us to win with this core and JT is the grizzled forward vet of the core.

Anyone else chomping at the bit for not just the regular season but hell even pre-season?

A new Jersey, or something along the lines of the black spaghetti unis but maybe the Yellow or red version instead perhaps the 2000s WCE etc would be the cherry on top for a wonderful offseason.

38 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

I just don't like his judgement on UFA signings that cause cap problems, his inability to resign his own important players and the #1 reason why I don't think he is a very good GM is that it does not seem he or his hockey operations side has a 5 year plan but like a season to season outline.

But for Dickinson I just meant JB hit it out of the park in the trade and signing together as I was reading and hearing his camp wanted $3 Million if Canucks wanted to buy UFA years.

But I'm glad the Canucks don't have to resign Miller, Horvat, Höglander, Hamonic and Dickinson in the same offseason because Benning seems to have difficulty resigning multiple of his own free agents. 

Didn't take long to bring some negativity back into this thread....

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 1

8 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Well it looks like we finally have an idea what cap room is left to sign Pettersson and Hughes - a little over 14M which includes the 3.5 LTIR for Ferland. There should be another 1.5 - 2.5M if necessary from moving 2 or 3 contracts down to Abbotsford. That should be more than enough so JP and Jim slice that up any way you want but that’s all that’s left.

My question to all the naysayers and Chicken Littles that were crying about Vancouver’s cap hell and Petey offer sheets - how do you feel about things now?

Hopefully hiding in negetiville,you know where pissers and moaners hang out.

11 pages in not much to say that hasn't been said.

Great price for a solid player who so far in his career has excelled at his role on his team.

Here's hoping his game keeps on just getting better.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Wanless said:

Sure

But Sutter quickly showed that he was a great 3rd line center at best but really was just an average 3 line center with good faceoff ability.

I'm not comparing the Sutter we signed but the Sutter we ended up with

The "Sutter we ended up with", when he plays is usually on pace for 15- 20 goals, even last year ... that's not what Dickinson is.  

• Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Also didn't take long for someone to blindly have JB's back after making the playoffs once in 8 years without needing a play in round :picard:

So you would rather have a comfortable lie then the uneasy truth? 

Bla bla bla... you've gotta have the horses to run the race... 

Only in cloud cuckoo land do you get everything for nothing...

This team is mainly assembled by Bennings drafting and screwed business... which is a hell of lot easier, when the future looks rosy...

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 3
  • Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Given Pettersson's comments this past week, I'm guessing he won't want to sign an 8 year contract.  This would be good though if so.  I'm thinking Hughes should accept this if that's on the table.

Lol... the comments quoted in Swedish and made into a spin cycle by the CDC you mean?  Or has he been talking again , but this time in English and said he won't sign long term because he doesn't like OEL or something ... or is it Hogs?  Maybe because the Sedins joined the org again? probably doesn't like it when he's not the only big dog Swede on the team i guess.    JB has done everything he can to make the team competitive now.   I'm sure he knows he's not going to TB in three years.   I'm sure he knows IF we traded him he'd be going to ARI or a team like that because they'd be the only ones that could afford his contract.   And more then anything, money talks .... i'm sure he knows when he's a UFA, the only teams that can afford him will be at best up and coming ones like ours - and that this contract is more about money then anything too - it almost always is with these guys.   JB has enough money to sign him long term right now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Hopefully hiding in negetiville,you know where pissers and moaners hang out.

11 pages in not much to say that hasn't been said.

Great price for a solid player who so far in his career has excelled at his role on his team.

Here's hoping his game keeps on just getting better.

Dickinson is very tough to play against , and doesn't take dumb penalties, that's not easy to do in this league.    Personally i'd like to see him play with Sutter and Motte to create one shut down line and make three scoring lines with Miller.    It would be ok i suppose to try making a scoring line with Dickinson but i just don't see that being very effective.   And as we saw without EP in the lineup, Miller can hold his own as a top C with only one winger ... Lots of options anyways.   Like to spread it out - would make us very tough to defend against.   And use Dickinson as an injury replacement at center. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

11 hours ago, hammertime said:

Sounds like a good problem to have to me. Though I think its Gadjo time.

I think Highmore and Lockwood would be a better fit on the opposite wing due to their motor and puck persuit. However if Gadjo needs more seasoning in the A Macewan is also a great option. 

I think it’s Bailey time.

Big, skates well and can rack up points.

Like the best of Gadjovich and Macewen combined.

Though I’d love to see Gadjovich given a chance as well

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Bla bla bla... you've gotta have the horses to run the race... 

Only in cloud cuckoo land do you get everything for nothing...

This team is mainly assembled by Bennings drafting and screwed business... which is a hell of lot easier, when the future looks rosy...

Screwed Business? 

Something for nothing?

Your partial and run on sentences make whatever your point is lost in translation because I never said anything about getting something for free or that I hated the contract for Dickinson, I just gave my reasons why JB is not a good GM, maybe head of scouting and assistant GM but the guy is signing old players to bad contracts that costed the Canucks not signing Boeser to long term contract and lost Tanev and Toffoli all because cap mismanagement. 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

So do you have a problem with this signing ?

Or just a problem in general ?  

Life is what you focus on mate.

Focus on the negative and that's what life gives you.

Did you even read my post? 

Doesn't sound like you did because you would have both of your answers already.

24 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

So then going by the post I quoted you on,you have a problem in general.

This summer's signings have made our team a lot better IMO.

Sure that has yet to be seen however like I stated life is what you make of it.

Pissing and moaning about the past won't make the future brighter.

I am not pissing and moaning about anything here buddy as it seems you still have not read my first post because the guy said he liked Benning and I gave him my opinion and that was it until you interjected into a conversation with 2 people that does not care about your opinion. 

thanks again for you fortune cookie wisdom that I did not ask for. 

So until you read my first post I don't have anything to say to you

9 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

I am not pissing and moaning about anything here buddy as it seems you still have not read my first post because the guy said he liked Benning and I gave him my opinion and that was it until you interjected into a conversation with 2 people that does not care about your opinion. 

thanks again for you fortune cookie wisdom that I did not ask for. 

So until you read my first post I don't have anything to say to you

That would be 2 people that do not care about my opinion, not does.

Get your grammar right mate.

You can only speak for yourself not spook,you do not know how he feels about me or my opinion.

I quoted you on your original post and I stand by what I stated.

Don't be angry and unhappy,be joyful and optimistic.

You know like Eric up on the cross 

Always look on the bright side of life ......

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

The only defensive weakness Dickenson has is his faceoff ability in the defensive zone. I can see Horvat still taking a lot of these faceoffs. Nonetheless, Dickenson's other defensive abilities are off the charts. He is in  the top 1% of all NHL defensive centers. So - a great signing, in my opinion.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2