The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver - Ottawa Blockbuster

5 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Many on Capfriendly are saying the opposite 

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/511832

Not sure how you add that up to "many", but ok...

I wouldn't trade Brady for EP in a million years and I'm not convinced about Stutzles upside in this company. I agree Hoglander is the lesser part in the discussion but that's also reflected in his projected cap hit and having a top 9 forward with the compete and skill that Hogz has without breaking the bank is vital for any contender.

5 minutes ago, J-P said:

Not sure how you add that up to "many", but ok...

I wouldn't trade Brady for EP in a million years and I'm not convinced about Stutzles upside in this company. I agree Hoglander is the lesser part in the discussion but that's also reflected in his projected cap hit and having a top 9 forward with the compete and skill that Hogz has without breaking the bank is vital for any contender.

I agree although I am very biased to be honest...  :)

But to be totally objective I would not trade a #1 centre for a #1 left winger.  A centre is much more valuable and much harder to obtain.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

But to be totally objective I would not trade a #1 centre for a #1 left winger.  A centre is much more valuable and much harder to obtain.

Very true. Brady brings a great package and I'd definitely trade all our wingers for him one for one, but if the deal includes EP, QH or Demko then I'm not interested.

If the proposal were for Horvat instead of EP I would think longer about it but probably still pass since Horvat's a big part of the team although you could argue objectively that it's a deal you should make...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Hopefully in real life you wouldn’t get traded to the Cincinnati Bengals of the Canadian NHL teams, Having Gene the machine as your boss would be eventful though  lol 

1 minute ago, J-P said:

Very true. Brady brings a great package and I'd definitely trade all our wingers for him one for one, but if the deal includes EP, QH or Demko then I'm not interested.

If the proposal were for Horvat instead of EP I would think longer about it but probably still pass since Horvat's a big part of the team although you could argue objectively that it's a deal you should make...

But Ottawa wouldn’t want Horvat as his deal is up after next season and he would mess up their cap structure breaking the bank for him, Petey or Boeser are the only two Ottawa would be interested in if trading Tkachuk 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

But Ottawa wouldn’t want Horvat as his deal is up after next season and he would mess up their cap structure breaking the bank for him, Petey or Boeser are the only two Ottawa would be interested in if trading Tkachuk 

And Pettersson and Boeser wouldn’t break their bank…?:huh: Just stop trying to trade our best players. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Brady is up now though, right? Agree though that Horvat makes no sense for Ottawa, and we should just keep him regardless. If Ottawa for some reason wanted Boeser+ for Brady that would be interesting, but not seeing it.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, J-P said:

I would trade Horvat for Tkachuk no problem.  He's a #2 centre so they are easier to find than a #1 centre.  Tkachuk   Pettersson   Boeser would be a dominant 1st line.  You could move Miller to the 2nd line centre to replace BO.

I know alot of fans would never trade BO for Tkachuk but if you are objective about it you do that deal in a heartbeat if it's offered...

• Cheers 2