The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, Chronic.Canuck said:

If he plans on playing Miller at center we could see a top 9 something like...

Hoglander - Petey - Boeser (based on seeing Petan between these two yesterday)

Pearson - Horvat - MacEwan/other

Podkolzin - Miller - Garland

My only issue here is Horvat getting stuck with the leftovers for wingers once again.

I imagine the other winger would be Dickinson. In that case Horvat would take the hard matchups while the other 2 get offensive assignments. I don't totally hate it, you might get HBK-like 3rd line situation.

Wouldn't mind seeing Podkolzin on the top line at some point either.

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

I imagine the other winger would be Dickinson. In that case Horvat would take the hard matchups while the other 2 get offensive assignments. I don't totally hate it, you might get HBK-like 3rd line situation.

Wouldn't mind seeing Podkolzin on the top line at some point either.

I knew I was forgetting someone there. Yeah Pearson - Bo - Dickenson looks very solid as a shutdown line especially as we know Dickenson had stints up in the top 6 in Dallas and is well known for his defensive prowess. It would free up the Petey and Miller lines to do some serious damage and Bo will still put up his 20G. I think Garland on a different line from Petey gives us 2 solid playmakers in the top 6 as well.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Bag skate does mean something or they wouldn't make professional grown men do it. 

It shows how much a player worked in the offseason. 

I think anyone that has played high level sports know how important conditioning is. 

In the 80s, players came to training camp to get fit before season starts. 

Now players are expected to come in in shape and ready to go

It's about pushing endurance levels, that's it.

Means nothing about how a player will perform in the season.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I like that Petan is succeeding in camp alongside Hoglander and Boeser. Gives us another option in case our top six centers go down.

Also like it because perhaps this puts on more pressure on Pettersson's camp to get a deal done sooner. Someone else is in his spot with Boeser on the top line and that person is succeeding too. 

• Cheers 2

41 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Not to discredit the bag skate, but I honestly never heard of it until Green came to the team. How many other teams use it, I'm having a hard time finding the Tampa Bay lightening bag skate to compare us to Stanley Cup champs... Bag skates don't build championships

It's a measuring stick on cardio, tells Green who needs the most work on that, it's also a competitive thing, a little like the Grouse Grind used to be, who can outlast someone else.

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

It's a measuring stick on cardio, tells Green who needs the most work on that, it's also a competitive thing, a little like the Grouse Grind used to be, who can outlast someone else.

I understand how they are used and what they are for, but my point is I don't see any other team making a big deal from a bag skate...I think Canucks fans want to over analyze every little detail, nothing is proven until game one of the regular season.