The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Pre-Season Jets @ Canucks Sunday, Oct. 3/21 - 4:00 PM Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

-DLC-

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I’m thinking Petan is in Abbotsford, or an extra up here.  

Petan will be here until Sutter and Motte come back. Am not sure if we have better options. Highmore will be the extra or Mackewan.

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I like Rathbone and still believe he should be rewarded with starting as the 3rd LD but he could benefit from some AHL time too.

He made good plays but had a couple brutal giveaways and skated himself into trouble defensively. OEL was a lot better than him on the PP tonight too.

Better game than last night but he wasn't as good as he was early in preseason.

I think playing him with Myers might help him out. 

He has to be a lot better than Juolevi considering he's waiver exempt.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, DefCon1 said:

Petan will be here until Sutter and Motte come back. Am not sure if we have better options. Highmore will be the extra or Mackewan.

Chaisson could be the wild card here. 6'4" in our top 9 could really help against the many heavy teams in our division.

If they can afford to sign him with Hamonic sticking.

• Like 2

Kinda the opposite of the fLames game tonight - Peg iced a pretty terrible team, so tough to get a lot of insights from this one. That being said here are some of my random thoughts on the game : 

• Halak - Quiet night at the office but made some top drawer saves off some fine looks when they came up - looking like a good #2 on the little we saw. 
  • OEL - Class again - that first power play :shock:
  • Garland - All round package this kid - Loving his game. Would trade 2X Guenthers for him at this rate ! 
  • Hogs - After a pretty quiet first game the lad was back to his last season form - flying everywhere, slick hands and so strong on his skates. The Bo, Person, Hogz line will be hard to break up on the back of this showing. 
  • Lockwood - Standout pick for a 4th line role for me. Fast and hits  A LOT - mini Motte. Tho slight concern was it seems like he isn't trusted on the PK, and Green seems to like a bottom 6 that can kill pens and keep the Top 6 fresh. 
  • Bones - much better game tonight.  Does remind me of Fox a lot. Few Hughes season 2 type gaffs. Kids gonna be a player sooner or later. 
  • Chiasson, DiGiuesppe, Dowling - necks slightly infront of the pack on bottom line auditions for me - not a lot in it tho, none looked world beating in any aspect of the play.
  • Podz - Russian Lion still yet to roar - Still showing flashes of class but the 4th line couldn't establish much zone time.  Focht didn't seem very effective. 

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

I see them both on the roster personally with OJ starting as 7th D. OJ has been better than Schenn and Hunt is another smallish D that doesn't really PK. Burroughs definitely needs another look in preseason action though too, he's been quiet and steady which has benefitted him.

I see us running with 8D as we usually do.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, JoshuaGuy said:

I liked Joulevi's game ao far this preseason. He is better than Rathbone on defensive side of things but Rathbone is better than him offensively. Maybe Canucks might get a right side Dman through waivers, send rathbone down as he is waiver exempt while Hamonic is thinking things through. I definitely think Canucks need to go that route because they are thin on the right side.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Chaisson could be the wild card here. 6'4" in our top 9 could really help against the many heavy teams in our division.

If they can afford to sign him with Hamonic sticking.

Yeah, I forgot about him. Maybe Chiasson would be the extra. I wasnt impressed with Highmore and Mackewan.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

4 more exhibition games... Just want the season to be here already!

Miller - Petey - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Garland

Hoglander - Dickinson - Podkolzin

Di Guiseppe - Dowling - Lockwood

Chiasson

OEL - Poolman

Hughes - ?

Rathbone - Myers

Juolevi

Dowling? I think Gadjovich, Petan and Chiasson have done more. Also Hughes will play with Myers until Hamonic is back.

Just now, DefCon1 said:

Yeah, I forgot about him. Maybe Chiasson would be the extra. I wasnt impressed with Highmore and Mackewan.

Highmore was good in Abbotsford but the last game he played he wasn't great. He deserves another opportunity to see what he's got. Gadjo has hopped over Mac at this point as well as Highmore. Mac hasn't really shown improvement so far.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

I’m not really pumped on either guys tbh But.

Petan > Chiasson 

Well Petan will be playing on 3rd line and Chiasson will be a 4th liner. Those 2 will not be in lineup once Motte and Sutter come back.

• Vintage 2