The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Colorado Avalanche | Nov. 11, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I am not sure how many rosters we need to throw at Green before we, or in this case ownership, figure out he's just not that good at his job. I am fully on the fire Green bandwagon, and honestly with Benning's fumbling of Lind, Gadjovich, and MacEwen he can go too. We have a new defensive minded assistant coach and a new PP coach and both are looking worse than they were at any point in Green's time here. Our bottom 6 completely revamped from last season, Garland added to the top 6 in place of Player Name. We added a top 4 stud, imo, on defense. Demko is another year improved and Halak has been great. Yet we seem to be the same team we were last year.

I am guessing, hoping, ownership is just gonna ride out the season and if we're out of the playoffs again that's bye bye to Green and Benning. But if this is the same management and coaching staff we bring into next season, assuming we keep playing like we have been, I will be beyond pissed off. I didn't even watch this game but I am getting steamed at how we've looked so far this season.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

55 minutes ago, Canuck Luck said:

I hate green at this point.

But I don't much respect horvat now when he tries to tell petey on the bench "it's ok" that he gave up that pathetic pass in the D zone leading to a goal.

This whole team right now sucks other than Demko, OEL, and Garland. Weird that two of them came from an absolute train wreck of a team.

I'd just like to point out that Garland has 1 point and is -3 in the last 4 games

he started out well, but after 10 games has turned into a Canuck

Alex Edler is out-scoring OEL

Is anyone surprised that Brendan Lemeiux ended up inLA?

I think he will do well there

on a side note

no one is talking about Tuckypoo

that was vicious

2 games?

7 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I am not sure how many rosters we need to throw at Green before we, or in this case ownership, figure out he's just not that good at his job. I am fully on the fire Green bandwagon, and honestly with Benning's fumbling of Lind, Gadjovich, and MacEwen he can go too. We have a new defensive minded assistant coach and a new PP coach and both are looking worse than they were at any point in Green's time here. Our bottom 6 completely revamped from last season, Garland added to the top 6 in place of Player Name. We added a top 4 stud, imo, on defense. Demko is another year improved and Halak has been great. Yet we seem to be the same team we were last year.

I am guessing, hoping, ownership is just gonna ride out the season and if we're out of the playoffs again that's bye bye to Green and Benning. But if this is the same management and coaching staff we bring into next season, assuming we keep playing like we have been, I will be beyond pissed off. I didn't even watch this game but I am getting steamed at how we've looked so far this season.

I doubt ownership rides this the rest of the season. Green probably has 10 games left max to fix this. Every season we miss the playoffs is tens of millions of dollars lost. They're not gonna lose that 10m+ again without trying the obvious. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shirotashi said:

I dont care if the DJ plays anything tbh, its just I dont want our brand associated with the white stripes

I dont even hate the song or the white stripes its just the wrong kind of song imho for a sporting event.

Whenever that section starts it up I find it disrupts the cadence of the game almost has the opposite 

intended effect. Its not what we are going for. 

Its almost as if a group of 40 somethings got together and decided for the whole fanbase that its our 

thing now and the DJ supports it, therefore the organization supports it so its a part of our identity. 

Its the worst. Its not well thought out, its just that group of people that sit in that section decided for all

the fanbase that its our thing now. And because the DJ and others recognize it, it is our thing and I hate it.

The White Stripes are a niche band at best almost a one hit wonder band and thats what we associate our 

brand with now. No polling the fans, no other choices of songs, just the white stripes 7 nation army. Thats 

us and no one has any say to it. Makes me want to vomit everytime I hear it.

I did not know that was happening

But I bet you are right

more forced fun at Canuck games

yetch

Benning is Weisbrod puppet. He weisbrod doesn't want to  have any more bad raps because he ran 10 different teams to the ground.  So he influenced aquaman to hire Benning as a puppet for him to run...it's why Benning always ran out of time because he was waiting on weisbro to make the final decision

5 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

I doubt ownership rides this the rest of the season. Green probably has 10 games left max to fix this. Every season we miss the playoffs is tens of millions of dollars lost. They're not gonna lose that 10m+ again without trying the obvious. 

What blows me away is they cheap out on front office and coaching. Even if they have to eat contracts for Benning, Weisbrod, Green, Baumgartner, etc. you would think as successful businessmen they would understand how important investing in leadership is and how it’s the kiss of death to keep throwing good money after bad on inferior leadership.

This roster should be playing like a solid playoff competitor already. Benning stuck with the coaching staff now both staffs need to take the bullet for that huge mistake.

3 minutes ago, aznmonk said:

Benning is Weisbrod puppet. He weisbrod doesn't want to  have any more bad raps because he ran 10 different teams to the ground.  So he influenced aquaman to hire Benning as a puppet for him to run...it's why Benning always ran out of time because he was waiting on weisbro to make the final decision

Weisbrod is a known cancer once he weasels his way in. The departure of guys like Linden, Brackett, etc has Weisbrod’s MO all over it.

Centralize decision making with himself and Benning. Push out any dissenting voices. He has done it everywhere he has been. If Benning is fired I fully expect him to take over tbh.

28 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

March On Washington GIF by GIPHY News

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

What blows me away is they cheap out on front office and coaching. Even if they have to eat contracts for Benning, Weisbrod, Green, Baumgartner, etc. you would think as successful businessmen they would understand how important investing in leadership is and how it’s the kiss of death to keep throwing good money after bad on inferior leadership.

This roster should be playing like a solid playoff competitor already. Benning stuck with the coaching staff now both staffs need to take the bullet for that huge mistake.

Completely agree with you. Our roster is really good. Guaranteed - you take any of these guys that are "playing bad", send them to any other market and they'll shine. Just look at the list of players we let go that are outperforming what they did in vancouver:

- Schmidt
- Tanev
- Markstrom
- Edler
- Boyd
- Vesey

Just now, eeeeergh said:

Completely agree with you. Our roster is really good. Guaranteed - you take any of these guys that are "playing bad", send them to any other market and they'll shine. Just look at the list of players we let go that are outperforming what they did in vancouver:

- Schmidt
- Tanev
- Markstrom
- Edler
- Boyd
- Vesey

That is a clear sign a big issue is coaching and their decisions on systems and roles.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

What of the players that just decide to stop playing, for what the owner pays them well  to do?

All is forgotten? Or do they eventually replace heartless players, whether they turn this around or not?

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I am pretty disappointed with the kind of captain Horvat is becoming. Too much Sedin, not enough Linden.

He was a better captain when he was trying to prove he deserved to be IMO. 

I always thought it was bad that Horvat was the heir to the captaincy from the day he was drafted

never really had to earn it, just wait til it was his turn

Now about fixing this little problem

I find it funny how the ones afraid to make changes say, "What can we do now, trade our team for draft picks?"

no

we now have what Jim did not have when he arrived,

tradable assets

this team could be turned around, just like Jim said he could when he got here

But we need an NHL GM who can make trades

First a Prez

then a GM

then a coach or 5

then start trading players in Hockey trades

not Horvat for a first in 2022 and a first in 2024, Horvat for a player that helps now, (not over 28 and not under 23)

let the new GM decide who goes and who stays, but if it were me, Hughes would be the only player safe at this time

Rack Eichel just got traded, were the Canucks in on that? 

No, because we are satisfied with what we have

Oh ya, and we have to keep Pearson, cuz some dummy gave him an NTC 

Just now, ba;;isticsports said:

What of the players that just decide to stop playing, for what the owner pays them well  to do?

All is forgotten? Or do they eventually replace heartless players, whether they turn this around or not?

If the players have been infected to that degree by the losing culture and leadership surrounding this team, they will eventually need to go or will move on because they are fed up. 

Never underestimate the power and value in having a team and players with heart. I think many on this team have it they have just forgotten how to apply it. That happens a lot with losing or good enough to get by cultures in any business. Hockey is no different.

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

When you lose 7-1, the players aren't just having an "off night". Something is deeply wrong with this team. 

Where do you even begin to ask questions, worse yet, where are the answers.

Why is this team so bad?

start with the Prez, or lack there of

then ask yourself, what was the GM doing for the past 8 years?

then ask yourself what was the GM doing the last 1.5 years?

then fire the coach

then start making trades

and do not include draft picks unless they are incoming

14 minutes ago, aznmonk said:

Don't know the guy but he reminds of all the corporate rats or ass k$&$& that, I had seen working for a giant corporation - in the end there politics will only take them so high and they crash & burn at there own hands...

13 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Do you mean “this roster” as in this current group of players?

Or “this roster” as in the 2021-22 Canucks. And management having ~7.5 years to retool/rebuild and put together their version of the roster?

The first one I’d disagree with. I think this roster, as currently constructed, still has too many flaws and holes/weaknesses to be a “solid playoff competitor,” year in and year out.

The team has the players to build a contender around. But not all the necessary parts are in place (yet), despite how long they’ve had, and the quality of some of the pieces already in place.

However, if you mean that Benning and company have had enough time, from May 2014 until now, to have built a competitive team for the 2021-22 NHL season, then I’m with you 100%.

(Dammit, I was going to shut off my brain and stay away from this Canucks stuff for the rest of the night. Better go have another drink. :P)

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I know for me it’s simply apathy. I am a Canucks fan but also a fan of hockey. And as a hockey fan I find this team incredibly boring, frustrating, and apathetic about losing themselves so why should I care if they don’t?

I gave you a bag, not because of what you said, but because it is true

kind of funny that someone at CDC thought we should steal this Leafism

and yet no-one wears bags to the games

come on CDC show your displeasure

or do you actually support this effort?