The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Anaheim Ducks | Nov. 14, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, AC30 said:

I wonder if Pettersons comments of wanting to be on a winning team came back to bite him on the butt somehow

and now he is playing like he knows he’s going to be traded - like his comments have put him in the coaches doghouse 

I assumed: that he gave Green a stink eye and Green took notice. 

Edited by ShawnAntoski

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Why does it seem like this organization can’t do the normal things that other organizations do?

Seems there always has to be a circus of controversy surrounding everything. 

Well, as much as we make fun of Toronto, at least they know they suck, our coach, our team, our city is way too smug.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, AC30 said:

I wonder if Pettersons comments of wanting to be on a winning team came back to bite him on the butt somehow

and now he is playing like he knows he’s going to be traded - like his comments have put him in the coaches doghouse 

Green hasn't cut back his ice time.  Today was the 1st time where he was removed from PP1 - the Ducks penalty overlapped 2 periods and he was back on to start the next period.  

The good ol’ boys club has to come to an end at some point.  It seems like if you’ve ever been a Canuck in the past there’s a job waiting for you, no matter how unqualified you are.  The Canucks are too top heavy in Management.  Our advisors have advisors.  Love the Sedins but other than a marketing ploy what to they bring to the table?  How did King talk his way into a job?   Remember the days of 3 Hat Pat?  We have like 9 different coaches now.  Time to Pare down management.  

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So we have the Avs and the Jets coming up.

Thats likely two more losses right there.

That would put us at 5-11-2 which is only one more win than Montreal…

Sad part: the Canucks actually had an offseason to compete for a playoff spot, whereas, Montreal had an offseason, to compete for the lottery cup.   Anyways, anybody have a link for the post game Green show ? 

Damn - Arizona is on a mission; the Sen are addicted to the bottom; and perhaps the solution to the Canucks, is to ONLY play the Yotes.

Screenshot_20211115-010219_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Edited by ShawnAntoski

6 minutes ago, mll said:

Green hasn't cut back his ice time.  Today was the 1st time where he was removed from PP1 - the Ducks penalty overlapped 2 periods and he was back on to start the next period.  

Petey has been truly horrendous for his 7.5m contract. Mindbogglingly bad. 31% face off win percentage, slow and unsteady on his skates, lazy backchecking, turnover machine, getting out-produced by third liners around the NHL. 

For 7.5m he should be putting his line on his back.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well, they finished multiple times and came close last season, we’re still virgins, don’t care who the other guy scores with, virgins have no right to criticize.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Would you rather allow Green to continue to destroy the team?

I want to see a complete meltdown.....and aquaman sells the team to us canucks fan... let's pool our money together and buy the nucks. Heck we can be official beer league hockey club 1 and only.... pick up gretzky. Lemieux. Those two names should have sell outs every night.....

Just now, aznmonk said:

I want to see a complete meltdown.....and aquaman sells the team to us canucks fan... let's pool our money together and buy the nucks. Heck we can be official beer league hockey club 1 and only.... pick up gretzky. Lemieux. Those two names should have sell outs every night.....

The Canucks are valued at just under a $billion, even with 1000 of us investing that would be $1 million each.

4 minutes ago, aznmonk said:

I get it - it is the time of the eve for some herbalife.   Kidding aside, the complete meltdown is in Good hands with this staff; and I wonder if Aquaman was in Vegas to bet on the Ducks ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski

Just now, GB5 said:

The current 9 losses wouldn't be nearly as bad if this team showed up to compete but it's how bad they've looked that really irks me.

Something needs to happen tomorrow and people need to lose their jobs.

Aquaman is in Vegas, probably not gonna wake up till late afternoon and who knows how long he’s staying there, nothing is going to happen anytime soon.

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Avs will have Mac back, Jets have hard our number for years. Yeesh.

I don't see playoffs for us, it's not impossible but it feels unlikely at this point. We'd have to go on a real tear and we're bleeding powerplay goals.

Better turf Green soon, it might be that the most we'll see is developing good habits and the like for next season.

1 minute ago, Houdini said:

Aquaman is in Vegas, probably not gonna wake up till late afternoon and who knows how long he’s staying there, nothing is going to happen anytime soon.

That's what scares me the most.

The season is teetering on the verge of a meltdown and GMJB and Travis Green seem to act like they are making progress and Aquilini better not be drinking their kool-aid.

26 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Don't know that until they are in a playoff game cause it also matters who the opponent is.  

We actually do know that. This team isn't built the way Carlyle would want his team to be built and play.

Small, slow, soft, bad defensively and TERRIBLE penalty killing isn't going to win any playoff series no matter who you're playing.