The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Winnipeg Jets at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 19, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Patel Bure said:

So maybe we fire our coach and Petey and Brock start playing like they did the way in years past under a new system?  

My point being is that we are down, but not out, and things can still change.  It’s a 12 round boxing fight.  All we’ve done so far is lose the first 2.5 rounds.  

I didn’t say it was impossible. I said it was improbable especially under the worst overall coaching staff in the NHL.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

It's too early to say that. Your tune will change if he scores 90 points (if) next season for example. 

Not sure which player you're referring to with respect to my comment. 

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I still like Petey more than Brock. Brock's a little older, more injuries, he hasn't proven that he can stay healthy at all in any of the years he's played so far in his career. 

AND. Brock's qualifying offer is 7.5M. Is he worth that? 

And right now I like Brock more than Petey. 

I also added the IF qualifier. Neither of us knows what's gonna happen in 1 - 2 years. You're right though, 7.5 for Brock is gonna be steep if he continues down this path of... 2021 meh along with the rest of his young peers.

8 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

If Petey doesn't play up to his skillset, then he's going to cost a lot less than what he's currently making in this contract. 

You realize Petey's  QO is gonna be north of 8 right? You think he's earning that right now?

4 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

The PK sucking is his fault. If his solution is to never take a penalty it’s going to be a long year.

Of course. But taking less penalties isn't a bad start. More aggressive killing like motter brings is another answer.

Edited by KILLER
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I didn’t say it was impossible. I said it was improbable especially under the worst overall coaching staff in the NHL.

True, but we were still able to go 8-3-2 last year in our best stretch of hockey last year under the worst overall coaching staff.  Assuming that tonight was our first win of something equivalent, maybe we end up at 13-13-4 after going through a similar stretch?  13-13-4 would likely put us within realistic striking distance of the #4 spot.......and then we battle from there.

Edited by Patel Bure
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

Demko made the same joke after the game.  Does this mean that you think he was insulting the players also?

If he did then yes I do actually. It’s a douche thing to joke about. It’s a serious problem to have among the worst pk in modern history. Just like I hated players laughing and joking with Avs players while getting shelled, I hate that a coach or player thinks this is funny.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

2 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Not sure which player you're referring to with respect to my comment. 

And right now I like Brock more than Petey. 

I also added the IF qualifier. Neither of us knows what's gonna happen in 1 - 2 years. You're right though, 7.5 for Brock is gonna be steep if he continues down this path of... 2021 meh along with the rest of his young peers.

You realize Petey's  QO is gonna be north of 8 right? You think he's earning that right now?

Yeah they're both not doing very well at the moment...  however the Elias contract is already signed, and there's no need to make the same mistake twice.  

So if our team is pretty far out of the playoffs and Minnesota comes in and offers up a 1st rounder and a grade A prospect, I think you have to take that and open up a spot for Hoglander/Podkolzin in the top 6 with an eye out for Klimovich in a year or two.  

19 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Boes has played his way into a raise in your eyes? Not mine.  

That said, either he or Petey might have to be traded one day, and right now I pick Pete before his next contract. 

Not at all but he’s going to get one either way. 

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

If he did then yes I do actually. It’s a douche thing to joke about. It’s a serious problem to have among the worst pk in modern history. Just like I hated players laughing and joking with Avs players while getting shelled, I hate that a coach or player thinks this is funny.

About time we saw some jokes and smiles from the team imo 

1 minute ago, Patel Bure said:

True, but we were still able to go 8-3-2 last year in our best stretch of hockey last year under the worst overall coaching staff.  Assuming that tonight was our first win of something equivalent, maybe we end up at 13-13-4 after going through a similar stretch?  13-13-4 would likely put us within realistic striking distance of the #4 spot.......and then we battle from there.

How many games do you think the opposition will get no power plays though? Let’s not put the cart before the horse. They almost gave up a 2 goal lead in the last few minutes against a team who played against a fast strong team last night and still needed Demko to basically stand on his head again. 

Would love to see your wish come true but they have a lot more to prove before I would think it is likely.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1