Canucks Community

[PGT] Winnipeg Jets at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 19, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

Oh yeah our Penalty Kill was brilliant on the 0 penalties they had to kill

image.thumb.png.e7bc7340bd25145d92b68c081d707bb0.png

Yeah. That's not going to last. 

Coming into games thinking they shouldn't take penalties isn't a good way to play. Players are going to take penalties, they're human. I think Pearson took a minor tonight, didn't he? 

23 minutes ago, 1-d said:

He couldn't answer any more coyly than this.

What are you talking about. He made it clear it was a mutual decision and he did NOT point fingers or blame anybody else. What more do you expect?

Edited by Curmudgeon
  • Like 1

A good win, but it was OEL and Garland who own it.  

I'll give Petey legit credit for his screen on Burroughs PP goal, but then later on in the game on the PP he passed to absolutely nobody for inexplicable reasons. Kid looks shook.  

Travis Green looked like a dude who just took a massively relieving dump after we went up 1-0, but still sounded shook in the post game.  

This start should still mean the demise of JB and Green no matter what happens this year.

Finally a game I could actually enjoy watching. Podz is going to be so good, he should be a mainstay on the pp and top 6 minutes.

Pettersson finally looked like an NHL’er.

Pearson looked a lot faster tonight to me than usual. Maybe since he was called out on being slow ;) 

Boeser needs to compete a lot more and same with Horvat imo. 

Demko is beast. 

Oh and Burroughs is a gem. I wouldn’t mind seeing him and Hughes together more. He’s a smart player and mobile. 

Is... is... this what winning feels like 

732407010_200(1).gif.88fb166067d03acf9fdc2336217da640.gif

The team played well !!

Yess Jets PK is almost as bad as ours. 

Yesss Greener and Bender probably should be sending a thankyou card to the coilers. 

Yesssss The refs were actually pretty kind and we didn't have to kill a single pen. 

BUT 

The team still played well and we got a much needed W and we should all dam well enjoy it. 

The Benning signings came up trumps again and the Green line juggles finally made a difference - they deserve a little credit here.

Yesss they both still maybe terrible and should be fired ASAP - but were back in the W column and we can only hope we keep em comin.

• Cheers 1