The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

Just now, stawns said:

but you have to replace those guys with other guys who will have similar contracts.  That's a completely lateral move. 

Not if you've freed up cap space and still manage to keep the best players on the team.

Just now, SilentSam said:

What’s your point?

that to create cap flexibility they'll need to move a significant contract.  Moving out fringe players just means that they have to replace those fringe players with other fringe players, how does that change anything?

Just now, stawns said:

that to create cap flexibility they'll need to move a significant contract.  Moving out fringe players just means that they have to replace those fringe players with other fringe players, how does that change anything?

Fringe players can be replaced by ELCs a lot easier than a PPG power forward 1C that plays PK and PP.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I don’t for one minute think that better minds exist on these boards than those that exist in management.… 

now,.  How does that make you feel?

I know I can’t answer your questions,.  Besides, I’d rather leave you confused :) 

Just now, HKSR said:

If you don't understand how moving a few guys making $2 or $3m per year frees up just as much as moving one guy making $7m, then I don't know what to say to you.

You’re think Miller would re-sign with us, and if he did it would be for only 7 mil?  I seriously doubt Miller will re-sign here, and if he did we would have to way over pay.  So it’s far better to trade him, and he’s worth most before this TDL.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You’re think Miller would re-sign with us, and if he did it would be for only 7 mil?  I seriously doubt Miller will re-sign here, and if he did we would have to way over pay.  So it’s far better to trade him, and he’s worth most before this TDL.  

No that's just a math example lol

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The Canucks are not going to trade Miller while they are still in the hunt. There is almost half the season that remains and folks like you have written this team off. You sir are a terrible fan.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m Curious Alf ?

what kind and who do you see with true cup contending leadership qualities on the Canucks if Miller was not here.

Is it a person, or group that was here previous to Millers arrival?

I feel if we are left with Bo and company,.  It has proven inadequate already,.  And would continue to be.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What makes you, and others, think Miller will even re-up here?  It’s far better we move him now, and get assets, than he leaves as a UFA.  

Been countless quotes he wants to remain and he has made good friends on the team. Vancouver is not some hick back country town. It’s one of the better places to raise a family. Regardless, by you not having any faith in him wanting to remain really makes me question if that is even a factor in the way you keep posting. 

Edited by grandmaster

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What makes you, and others, think Miller will even re-up here?  It’s far better we move him now, and get assets, than he leaves as a UFA.  

I doubt he would leave as a UFA,.  I think his leadership qualities are far more selfless than that, and would want to help the team ,. IF THAT SCENARIO PLAYED OUT.

… just another reason to keep him really. :) 

13 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Been countless quotes he wants to remain and he has made good friends on the team. Vancouver is not some hick back country town. It’s one of the better places to raise a family. Regardless, by you not having any faith in him wanting to remain really makes me question if that is even a factor in the way you keep posting. 

10 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I doubt he would leave as a UFA,.  I think his leadership qualities are far more selfless than that, and would want to help the team ,. IF THAT SCENARIO PLAYED OUT.

… just another reason to keep him really. :) 

Miller is a character guy.  He’s not going to make public he’s not going to re-up here.  What we do know is he hasn’t invested in our community.  He’s got no ties here.  

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Miller is a character guy.  He’s not going to make public he’s not going to re-up here.  What we do know is he hasn’t invested in our community.  He’s got no ties here.  

Perhaps living here longer than he has will change that for you?

How much would you invest knowing you only had 2.5 years of employment in a city or town?

.. perhaps you make him a sandwich when he re-signs :) 

80's sandwich GIF by absurdnoise

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m getting tired of people assuming this. He has a family and Vancouver is one of the better cities in the NHL to raise one. That is the biggest tie there is. More than ANYTHING else

A6992E78-47AD-46BF-832A-05064FB5EF80.jpeg

65795B18-4629-4341-A329-B57FE3D954EA.jpeg

6A640092-DBF5-4D88-8460-0ABE88D13979.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2