The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

1 minute ago, Provost said:

I keep seeing more Colorado rumours around Miller for Byram, not sure if they are all spring boarding off a ai by LW older report.

That would be such a tough call, they are the legit Cup favourites to me so it makes sense for them.

A rookie that may never fully recover from concussions is a scary thing to have as a main piece coming back.

At the same time if there was a Byram, Newhook, and Barron deal for Miller and Motte, the upside of that could be tremendous.  Imagine our team if Horvat was pushed down to 3C…

Add to that rumours swirling around Kadri. Avs can't afford to extend Kadri, in comes Miller on a great contract for two more playoff runs. They use the bounty from Kadri deal, or in house ammo to aquire Miller. Makes sense really.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Add to that rumours swirling around Kadri. Avs can't afford to extend Kadri, in comes Miller on a great contract for two more playoff runs. They use the bounty from Kadri deal, or in house ammo to aquire Miller. Makes sense really.

as long as at the end of it we don't end up with the douche Kadri. 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Provost said:

I keep seeing more Colorado rumours around Miller for Byram, not sure if they are all spring boarding off a ai by LW older report.

That would be such a tough call, they are the legit Cup favourites to me so it makes sense for them.

A rookie that may never fully recover from concussions is a scary thing to have as a main piece coming back.

At the same time if there was a Byram, Newhook, and Barron deal for Miller and Motte, the upside of that could be tremendous.  Imagine our team if Horvat was pushed down to 3C…

I wouldn't want Byram in the deal, those concussions are too scary. Rather have a 1st.

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

Depends on what they add to Byram, but could be a huge win for the Canucks........though I wouldn't be including Motte in that deal.  I'd rather do Miller and Woo for Byram, Newhook and a 2023 1st.

• Cheers 1

Just now, JM_ said:

as long as at the end of it we don't end up with the douche Kadri. 

Lol. I agree. But maybe a three way deal where we get assets from the Avs for Miller, and Kadri. Kadri flipped in that deal for further assets? Long shot, but between Byrom, Avs first, Newhook, assets from  possible Kadri deal, Sakic has a lot to offer up.

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

I wouldn't want Byram in the deal, those concussions are too scary. Rather have a 1st.

I would take a chance on Byram. But his value has to be greatly discounted because of the concussion issues. Not sure Sakic is onside with that. 

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Lol. I agree. But maybe a three way deal where we get assets from the Avs for Miller, and Kadri. Kadri flipped in that deal for further assets? Long shot, but between Byrom, Avs first, Newhook, assets from  possible Kadri deal, Sakic has a lot to offer up.

I'm scared of Byram. Don't like that concussion history one bit. 

Newhook though is an interesting idea to build around. 

• Cheers 1

I was hoping for Newhook in the 2019 draft. Happy with Podz, but Newhook was my guy. I doubt Colorado parts with him though. 

High end players coming into the league on entry level contracts are more valuable than they've ever been with the cap not going up. Covid has changed the economics of the game, and no team is going to give up an A+ prospect like Newhook right now. 

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I was hoping for Newhook in the 2019 draft. Happy with Podz, but Newhook was my guy. I doubt Colorado parts with him though. 

High end players coming into the league on entry level contracts are more valuable than they've ever been with the cap not going up. Covid has changed the economics of the game, and no team is going to give up an A+ prospect like Newhook right now. 

that's definitely true, but the Avs are getting to the point where they need to win soon or their window is going to close and at that stage not many team don't go all in.  It would be a lot worse to get to this point and then have nothing to show for it, imo.

They'll almost surely lose Kadri and Miller can go a long way to easing that sting..........that's worth a pretty steep price.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rekker said:

I would take a chance on Byram. But his value has to be greatly discounted because of the concussion issues. Not sure Sakic is onside with that. 

What about Jost?  Is he at the Newhook level?  

11 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I'm scared of Byram. Don't like that concussion history one bit. 

Newhook though is an interesting idea to build around. 

it's a risk, for sure........but if it pays off, it's going to pay off big bih big.  Can you imagine having both Byram and Hughes?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

it's a risk, for sure........but if it pays off, it's going to pay off big bih big.  Can you imagine having both Byram and Hughes?

If we have both Hughes and Byram does that mean Bone gets moved?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

What about Jost?  Is he at the Newhook level?  

Jost has been somewhat underwhelming. Drafted as a center. Maybe he has potential to grow here with more minutes? I don't fully know how he's been utilized in Colorado. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

that's definitely true, but the Avs are getting to the point where they need to win soon or their window is going to close and at that stage not many team don't go all in.  It would be a lot worse to get to this point and then have nothing to show for it, imo.

They'll almost surely lose Kadri and Miller can go a long way to easing that sting..........that's worth a pretty steep price.

It would make more sense for them to try and nab a high end center prospect on an ELC to fill that role in a prospect for prospect trade then it would to lose one or more valuable ELC contracts for a guy thats going to eat millions in cap.

Just now, rekker said:

Jost has been somewhat underwhelming. Drafted as a center. Maybe he has potential to grow here with more minutes? I don't fully know how he's been utilized in Colorado. 

Would we rather get Byram or Schneider?

Newhook + Byram + (2022) 1st

or

Schneider + Chytil + (2022) 1st

which is better?  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Would we rather get Byram or Schneider?

Newhook + Byram + (2022) 1st

or

Schneider + Chytil + (2022) 1st

which is better?  

If Byram gets over his concussion issues?

Colorados deal for sure.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It would make more sense for them to try and nab a high end center prospect on an ELC to fill that role in a prospect for prospect trade then it would to lose one or more valuable ELC contracts for a guy thats going to eat millions in cap.

not if they're trying to win a Cup in the next 2-3 years it doesn't.  

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

not if they're trying to win a Cup in the next 2-3 years it doesn't.  

Why not? If the Aves can make a move for a high end center prospect that can come in and contribute right away on his ELC, which they have the pieces to make happen, why would that not be preferable to giving up the sun and the moon for a player that, while great, is going to force them to make changes to their cup contending roster that they absolutely won't want to make?

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Why not? If the Aves can make a move for a high end center prospect that can come in and contribute right away on his ELC, which they have the pieces to make happen, why would that not be preferable to giving up the sun and the moon for a player that, while great, is going to force them to make changes to their cup contending roster that they absolutely won't want to make?

a prospect isn't going to replace kadri

• Vintage 1