The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

1 minute ago, stawns said:

And a miller trade will turn this ship around.  Almost guaranteed he won't be in Van after this contract runs out anyway.

It was Miller who turned this ship in the right direction on his arrival.

a lot of people forget that.

I believe losing his pulse will set us back that far….  Miller is Miller.

I can’t see anyone replacing him.

There is no one you won’t pay the same money for that will keep us in the right direction.

tinight will be interesting, I realize Demko is out with Miller.

Watch the opponents shot totals rise above normal without Millers chemistry,presence and offence.

3 hours ago, Outsiders said:

If he was indeed already offered to the Canucks in a trade for Miller I bet you that trade is already complete

I’m not so sure, Miller is the central reason why the Canucks have played so well lately. He’s a spark plug and guys like him and Garland cause our whole team to play well. It all depends on JR... if he thinks the Canucks can make the playoffs and keep playing the way they have under Boudreau, does he risk disrupting the team. 

But I found it a very intriguing trade if we can get A. Lafreniere +  for Miller.  It would be good for the long term of the team, the short term it might set them back. Miller’s influence and his level of try/compete/effort/care are highly valuable on the younger players on this team. I think lots of people undervalue the whole package of what JT brings. 

NYR have a history of wildly over paying for star players.

I'd say let's do Miller to NYR and I'd the return is Lafrennier ++ we then flip Laffy to Montreal for a prospect and a high pick this and or next year

Who do the habs have that we want?  And do we want a 2nd + this year, or their 1st next year

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

And a miller trade will turn this ship around.  Almost guaranteed he won't be in Van after this contract runs out anyway.

That’s my gut feeling as well. 

I think Miller has been saying all the right things to the media, but I think he wants to probably 1. Get paid, and 2. Win a championship before he retires. That’s not going to be us. 

I can even see him going back to Tampa Bay, if they would want him, and if he’d offer to give them a discount considering the tax situation in that state. 

7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

But we don’t really need forwards coming back right? We’re more in need of RHD. 

Lafrennier

Schnieder

2nd

Then pawn off lafrennier to montreal for whatever they'd pay for a french Canadian 1st OA 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, Warhippy said:

Lafrennier

Schnieder

2nd

Then pawn off lafrennier to montreal for whatever they'd pay for a french Canadian 1st OA 

Interesting proposal. what has been the rumor mill for what is the return for Miller? 

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

It was Miller who turned this ship in the right direction on his arrival.

a lot of people forget that.

I believe losing his pulse will set us back that far….  Miller is Miller.

I can’t see anyone replacing him.

There is no one you won’t pay the same money for that will keep us in the right direction.

tinight will be interesting, I realize Demko is out with Miller.

Watch the opponents shot totals rise above normal without Millers chemistry,presence and offence.

Miller isn't some irreplaceable player with a skill set that can't be matched.  Bo will be a similar, if not better player than JT, imo.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Lafrennier

Schnieder

2nd

I don't see them dumping AF yet, if ever.  I thought chytll, Schneider and a 1st dose s what I'd be asking.  It covers all three of their needs.

• Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Miller isn't some irreplaceable player with a skill set that can't be matched.  Bo will be a similar, if not better player than JT, imo.

Bo better than Miller? 

He’s only 2 years younger than Miller. I don’t see Horvat’s offense getting to the level of JT to be honest. 

Bo to me seems like a 60-65 point player, maybe he hits 70 points a few times in his career. He has yet to do it once in his career yet.

5 hours ago, Bure_of_94 said:

He is being offered in the Mega package that they’re reportedly offering for Miller. Apparently that’s how bad they’re trying to get Miller. It could get interesting if the Canucks fall out. 

Would be amazing if we got Laff, Schneider and a 1st. That’s a deal that I don’t think other teams could come close to matching, and it would put NY in a position to go pretty far in the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Bo better than Miller? 

He’s only 2 years younger than Miller. I don’t see Horvat’s offense getting to the level of JT to be honest. 

Bo to me seems like a 60-65 point player, maybe he hits 70 points a few times in his career. He has yet to do it once in his career yet.

He doesn't get to play with offensive linemates like miller has either.  Additionally, isn't Bo the leading goal scorer on the team?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

He doesn't get to play with offensive linemates like miller has either.  Additionally, isn't Bo the leading goal scorer on the team?

No. I think it’s Miller who’s leading the team in points, isn’t he? 

JT Miller with 39 points. Quinn Hughes with 31 points. 

Bo is 4th on the team with 23 points. 

Here is the link: https://www.nhl.com/canucks/stats

27 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Interesting proposal. what has been the rumor mill for what is the return for Miller? 

There's a rumour a few pages back regarding lafrennier/kakko and pick(s) about how the rags and nucks talks are heating up

Why not?  If we snag Lafrennier we can absolutely throw him to MTL for a 1st +

We get NYRs 1st/2nd this year, MTLs 1st this or next year plus a top prospect.  Lottery protect it for top 5 this year or open trade next year no restrictions.

That's 2 top prospects, 4 total 1st round picks over the next 2 seasons, one being high because the habs gonna be baaaad for a while

50 minutes ago, stawns said:

Not sure what you mean by irreplaceable. Miller is a PPG player for a couple seasons now that costs 5.2M. Plays C or wing and is strong on faceoffs. Plays PP and PK and plays with his heart on his sleeve. It isnt a coincidence that he broke out once he was given top line minutes on our team. 

I love Bo but everyone knows what we have in him. He has played 1st line minutes for a few seasons already and has never gotten close to  PPG. 

To say "Miller isn't some irreplaceable player with a skill set that can't be matched" is foolish. And maybe Bo might reach Miller's level,  but to say he will be better is a longshot.