The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

2 hours ago, Bure_of_94 said:

He is being offered in the Mega package that they’re reportedly offering for Miller. Apparently that’s how bad they’re trying to get Miller. It could get interesting if the Canucks fall out. 

Mega package? Laff is being rumored to be in a packaged deal for Miller? Wow if true…

But we need a RHD from them more than anything…

Schneider and Laff? 

• Cheers 1

If I'm the Canucks I'm not taking anything less than Lafrenniere, Schneider, and a 1st which is a later pick anyway. Miller in his prime signed for another year, can play all 3 positions, great at faceoffs, is worth at least that. If those types of offers aren't there you don't trade him period.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

@Agent 001 @stawns @Coconuts@N4ZZY

I think Covid has effected the cap for the next 2 seasons.

I can not see other teams paying 8 for Miller when most have talent already collecting that amount.…. The other thing is to understand how Covid has effected personal life/ lifestyles, where “home” is,  and of course tax of other cities / states in the U.S.

Moving Boeser ,  brings 6-7 mil free to sign Miller,  and throw a good pick or prospect back to us,.  Without losing the overall high end game and intensity Miller brings.

• Cheers 1

I can not see other teams paying 8 for Miller when most have talent already collecting that amount.…. The other thing is to understand how Covid has effected personal life/ lifestyles, where “home” is,  and of course tax of other cities / states in the U.S.

Moving Boeser ,  brings 6-7 mil free to sign Miller,  and throw a good pick or prospect back to us,.  Without losing the overall high end game and intensity Miller brings.

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Sorry, you're dreaming if you think Miller is getting anything under $7.5-8 with term.  This is his career contract

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Yeah his contract is going to start with 8 X 8million. Its not like he's a flash in the pan too, he's been great the last 3 seasons so the consistency is there. JT is going to get maximum dollar for his services. This is his jackpot contract thats going to set him and his family for the long haul, I don't blame him one bit for chasing the $$

If we are saying “Miller is too old” ..  what is the team saying that taking him in a trade.

Teams starve for a player like Miller who will perform well for another 3-4 seasons.

Signed to something longer termed 5-6 with trade options opened in the 3rd year is perfect for us.  If we haven’t made a cup run inside of the next 3 years, we are rebuilding.

right now I see us as re-adjusting for next season. I’m hopeful that’s with Miller for the next 3-4 seasons at least.

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

We can all speculate on possible returns versus forward consistency of both Miller and Boeser. Straight up I would move Boeser over Miller. What does one bring back over the other? Miller is a steady point producer and plays a better 200’ game and is a center. That is a lot to give up. Boeser has a premium shot but IMHO that is pretty much it. The deciding factor is whether JT would resign here. His agent cannot be put in the position of playing Van against other orgs in a bidding war. JT has to resign before that or has to be traded. If the NYR trade for JT they get him for 2 playoff runs. Wow!

Boeser and even Garland should be shopped to see what offers are there. I add Garland because of concern over heavy CUP play. We could easily be seeing the best he has to offer. TDL offers for either of these players could be strong. Obviously not all 3 will be going. Remember that the bottom offer on Boeser is $7.5 mil I believe. Very questionable if he is worth that or even more?

Miller is a steal at his current contract and has another year left on that deal.  That makes him incredibly valuable for a contender to bring him in........he's not just a rental 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

That’s fine then, move Boeser to do that, Miller is 3 times the player 

And a miller trade will turn this ship around.  Almost guaranteed he won't be in Van after this contract runs out anyway.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Teams will always pay for top end players, that hasn't stopped. Vegas made Pietrangelo work at 8.8M, Jersey gave Hamilton 9M. Both under a dead cap.

Forwards of Miller's caliber rarely make UFA, he'd get paid. 

The last time forwards around his bracket made UFA was 2019. Panarin got 11.6M at 27.7, Duchene got 8M at 28.4. 

Dead cap doesn't stop the cream of the crop from getting their money, if he reaches UFA he will be paid.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 3