The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

1 minute ago, Scottydzik said:

Yes heard on satellite radio one of beat writers for rangers is saying kaako will be part deal and if no first involved it’ll be Schiender 2022 2nd if it lundqvist it’ll be 2023 1st

Kaako, Lundvist and a 1st seems pretty on par with what they offered at the TDL, depending on whether you feel Kaako has mor or less value than Chytil. 

6 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

Yes heard on satellite radio one of beat writers for rangers is saying kaako will be part deal and if no first involved it’ll be Schiender 2022 2nd if it lundqvist it’ll be 2023 1st

If JR/Allvin can pull Kakko, Schneider and a second for Miller that’s a huge win.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Kaako, Lundvist and a 1st seems pretty on par with what they offered at the TDL, depending on whether you feel Kaako has mor or less value than Chytil. 

I'd rather take the Schneider deal since Lundvist is a liability in his own zone.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

Schiender kakko 2022 2nd i woulda already traded him

A little bit more patience could turn a pick into something better, or to have them throw in a 3rd or something. We're hearing more and more that there's some bidding going on, so make em sweat and throw in a sweetener ala Benning style.

dance doing GIF

Edited by Jester13
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

A little bit more patience could turn a pick into something better, or to have them throw in a 3rd or something. We're hearing more and more that there's some bidding going on, so make em sweat and throw in a sweetener ala Benning style.

dance doing GIF

You also don't want them deciding to walk away from a fair trade.

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I have as much interest in Kratsov as I do in Lundqvist, which is to say none.

Same 

We need top 4 D material. 

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

You also don't want them deciding to walk away from a fair trade.

You know how bidding works, ya? Two fair trades, one ups it, you go back to the other and let them know you have a better offer on the table and they either re-up or walk away, but you're still left with the better offer anyways. 

20 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If it is the Rags I'd still be insistent on either Schneider or Laff being part of the return. 

Exactly. You don't accept all bunch of quantity. You go after quality.

Imagine accepting Lundkvist and chytil. Lmao bums

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Same 

We need top 4 D material. 

Not just top 4, but the right top 4. We have enough small puckmovers in Hughes and Rathbone.

Just for $&!#s and giggles....

To NYR

Miller

Hoglander

To Vancouver

Schneider

Laff

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

You know how bidding works, ya? Two fair trades, one ups it, you go back to the other and let them know you have a better offer on the table and they either re-up or walk away, but you're still left with the better offer anyways. 

Unless someone else comes in with a better offer in the meantime.  If the difference is significant, that makes sense, but I don't see much benefit in nickel and diming over a 3rd.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Not just top 4, but the right top 4. We have enough small puckmovers in Hughes and Rathbone.

Just for $&!#s and giggles....

To NYR

Miller

Hoglander

To Vancouver

Schneider

Laff

I think it's one or the other. And it's very unlikely it's laff. But this is the type we need to do. Not accept the rangers version of Rathbone, Dickinson and a late 1st / late 2nd lol

• Cheers 2