The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov 24, 2021 4 PM PDT | Normal GDT Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

This is exactly how I feel.

And this is what players do when they can just "play" and don't have to overthink things.

Mac has good hands for a big man. We got Chiasson though all good! LOL

Seriously though I remember ALOT of people saying he did himself no favours in trying to make the team during camp and here we are wishing he was still here.

Go figure 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Thank you Deb.  It has been obvious for some time that Green has been a negative force on not only our young players (who all regress under his coaching) but also players who have had success elsewhere and come here to suddenly suck.  

Blatantly clear that Green is failing miserably at this level. Unfortunately, Benning being willing to extend him and cater to Green's desire to constantly change personnel is even a bigger problem.  

Calgary saw the light and went out and got a veteran coach.  

Vancouver brags about all its great young talent and then proceeds to blame them for the teams failure by sticking with Green. 

So, are we saying Green ruined JV or JV has low IQ?

31 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Makes sense for Bo/Pearson/Motte, looks like they'll play the shut down role.  Shouldn't have come to this so early in the season but when we lacked the foresight of a true shutdown centre, it was bound to happen.  

So Hamonic still is not allowed to travel to the US?  The d group is always 1 step forward 2 steps back and lacks quality depth.  

I guess we're all crazy for tuning in and hoping for different results.  So I'll try to be a bit positive.

I think that the new shutdown line should hopefully mean Bo/Pearson get first unit PK and that would be a boost.  Also, the PP gets on the board as the competition on which unit gets deployed helps create the urgency they need.

Game will be close, but I expect another L.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, FaninMex said:

So, are we saying Green ruined JV or JV has low IQ?

Green tried to make Jake into his  version of an NHL player, like he does with every young player, instead of utilizing Jake in a manner that allowed him to use his strengths. 

• Cheers 1