The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov 24, 2021 4 PM PDT | Normal GDT Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

38 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Come on Pitts give these Canucks a whopping. We need to lose 7 nothing for next 5 games straight. 

... and what would that accomplish?  In my opinion, the only path forward is to put more effort into winning.  Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 3

58 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

So Aqua would get off his behind and do what is obvious for everyone else. 

I don't think that losing on purpose is the obvious way to go for most people, nevermind "everyone else".  But each to their own strategy I suppose.  I prefer to try to win.  GCG!

• Cheers 1

Just now, nux_win said:

I don't think that losing on purpose is the obvious way to go for most people, nevermind "everyone else".  But each to their own strategy I suppose.  I prefer to try to win.  GCG!

What? The obvious part is for ownership to change management and/or coaching. 

The losing part is to mount up pressure on Aqua to let heads roll. 

No one in the organization is losing on purpose no idea what you are going with that. I am cheering for the opposing team to win by a lot to further embarrass this team and Aqua so he will finally pull the trigger. 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

What? The obvious part is for ownership to change management and/or coaching. 

The losing part is to mount up pressure on Aqua to let heads roll. 

No one in the organization is losing on purpose no idea what you are going with that. I am cheering for the opposing team to win by a lot to further embarrass this team and Aqua so he will finally pull the trigger. 

I believe that you have just contradicted yourself but whatever.  Further embarrassment is not the way forward in my opinion.  We need to develop a culture of winning.  We have good enough players, we just need to get organized.  Maybe some further changes are needed but we just went through a big round of changes and we don't even really know what we have yet.  In my opinion we need patience and determination not more panic.  There is no rush to make sweeping changes.  We need to focus on winning with what we have.  It's best to dance with the date you bring to the party.  Maybe even twice.  GCG!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

We need to string in a couple of wins here. Desperately. My patience with this team is running thin. I feel like this road trip is a make or break deal.

If we have an abysmal road trip, I don’t think I can continue to watch this team further until changes are made. Unfortunately, I have 0 confidence in that actually ever happening. We are stuck in perpetual mediocrity because of our inability to make the right move at the right time. 

They'll get 7 points. Just enough to be there to delay the inevitable