The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

You know Canucks hockey has become toxic when...

Rate this topic

Dazzle

3 hours ago, Timråfan said:

You have been an Green/Benning defender on this forum and now you stand firmly against those two.

I don’t think you should complain about Sekeres reputation. 

Wrong. I call it as I see it actually. Too many people take a side and stick with it. For example, your endless defense of Dahlen is hilarious. You blamed everyone else except Dahlen.

3 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Wrong. I call it as I see it actually. Too many people take a side and stick with it. For example, your endless defense of Dahlen is hilarious. You blamed everyone else except Dahlen.

I respect someone who can admit a mistake a lot more than someone who doubles down on the error.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I blame the guy that should stand for a strong and honest leadership, Benning. 
And now you see the result of a weak leader that have to save face.

I said it back then and you should have listened.

Instead you fell in some sort of biastrap and couldn’t see longer than your own nose. 

Edited by Timråfan
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

34 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Instead you fell in some sort of biastrap and couldn’t see longer than your own nose. 

I think both of your statements hold water. When the employee starts the job clock they need to preform the duties  within signed a contract. We even have that expectation of any one hired to preform a certain function. It's still on the GM for signing the player if they're duds. 

Leadership starts at the top and resonates in all directions. It should be a position of discipleship where every one is growing with in their positions on the team , management or players. The person or persons installed at the top usually reflect their personalities with in the org. 

When listening to JB i don't question his sincerity I question his spirit. It's flat, mono tone and nothing to get excited about. Jim can say their group is excited about this player or that player but it never has any pep. Just a mono tone effort. 

There's a big picture past blame and settles on the fact you can't hire flatliners. 

It also gives the Aqualini group the appearance of flat liners lining their pockets. Maybe this is the type of people Aqualini's need so they have full control. It's proving to me over the long run at this point ownership needs some serious growth. This past period with Benning in charge has been a disaster. 

Benning's so called indifference has trickled down to the product on the ice. Travis Green seems to have lost his spirit too. 

There's a lot of responsibility just sitting there waiting to be taken by management down to the players. 

lots of talk but no one really taking responsibility.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

You don't know what bias is, given your extensive laundry list of excuses, namely calling everyone a "neanderthal" lmfao.

34 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

I think both of your statements hold water. When the employee starts the job clock they need to preform the duties  within signed a contract. We even have that expectation of any one hired to preform a certain function. It's still on the GM for signing the player if they're duds. 

Leadership starts at the top and resonates in all directions. It should be a position of discipleship where every one is growing with in their positions on the team , management or players. The person or persons installed at the top usually reflect their personalities with in the org. 

When listening to JB i don't question his sincerity I question his spirit. It's flat, mono tone and nothing to get excited about. Jim can say their group is excited about this player or that player but it never has any pep. Just a mono tone effort. 

There's a big picture past blame and settles on the fact you can't hire flatliners. 

It also gives the Aqualini group the appearance of flat liners lining their pockets. Maybe this is the type of people Aqualini's need so they have full control. It's proving to me over the long run at this point ownership needs some serious growth. This past period with Benning in charge has been a disaster. 

Benning's so called indifference has trickled down to the product on the ice. Travis Green seems to have lost his spirit too. 

There's a lot of responsibility just sitting there waiting to be taken by management down to the players. 

lots of talk but no one really taking responsibility.

Lots of talk, but the responsibility is not being fairly distributed. Of course, the people at the top are paid big bucks for that responsibility. That being said, players like Dahlen are not children; they are responsible for their own performance.

It has been established that Dahlen did not meet the expectations of the Canucks. In fact, he didn't meet the standards of San Jose, who also sent him down to the AHL. Given that two NHL teams have evaluated him, Dahlen was simply not good enough.

Then there was the talk about demanding a trade. Why would the Canucks force a trade over a player they had just acquired earlier in the year? It's clear that relations had soured. In fact, Dahlen's agent mentioned that trade talk was very much in play, so this was far from a blindside for Dahlen.

All this blame for a GM when Timrafan doesn't even put a single ounce of blame on Dahlen is a bias.

41 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

You don't know what bias is, given your extensive laundry list of excuses, namely calling everyone a "neanderthal" lmfao.

Read interviews with players like Salming and you might understand the word ”neanderthal”. 
Some coaches in NA seem to still use the same coaching methods coaches used in the seventies. 
But I’ve never called everyone neanderthal. 
Only the ones who like fighting and coaches using a pressbox as punishment etc. 

48 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Lots of talk, but the responsibility is not being fairly distributed. Of course, the people at the top are paid big bucks for that responsibility. That being said, players like Dahlen are not children; they are responsible for their own performance.

It has been established that Dahlen did not meet the expectations of the Canucks. In fact, he didn't meet the standards of San Jose, who also sent him down to the AHL. Given that two NHL teams have evaluated him, Dahlen was simply not good enough.

Then there was the talk about demanding a trade. Why would the Canucks force a trade over a player they had just acquired earlier in the year? It's clear that relations had soured. In fact, Dahlen's agent mentioned that trade talk was very much in play, so this was far from a blindside for Dahlen.

All this blame for a GM when Timrafan doesn't even put a single ounce of blame on Dahlen is a bias.

Why are you stuck on Dahlen?

Ok if you like to tease me with it but why do it with other posters?

On 11/30/2021 at 11:22 AM, Dazzle said:

ok that makes some sense but why is the player still a topic along with others long gone?

On 12/1/2021 at 1:39 PM, aqua59 said:

ok that makes some sense but why is the player still a topic along with others long gone?

Because the person you're agreeing with is a hypocrite. And unless you're aware of that hypocrisy, you are unintentionally contradicting yourself.