The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

4 hours ago, Neutral said:

Korzcak, a RHD I was hoping we would have drafted as we were thin in that department. But we went with the undersized talented winger Nils Hoglander instead I believe

Hogs was the pick right before Korzcak. I remember Benning saying they had Hogs going 1st rd, why they picked him. We keep on neglecting the rhd in the draft. So many rhd that are in the 2nd/3rd rounds that become studs. 

If Bo is going somewhere else and we can’t resign Kuz, then I wouldn’t mind sending Vegas Kuz and Schenn for a package around Korzcak. 

21 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

An interesting team to consider is Winnipeg. Dubois is having a fantastic year over there but he's also a pending RFA and it's anyone's guess as to whether he'll actually extend in Winnipeg long-term.

Winnipeg is a legitimate force that could make some noise come playoff time, not being able to long down their top center this season could be devastating to their ability to compete going forward. 

Winnipeg's top players are all prime aged with the exception of Wheeler and they're built to try and contend sooner than later. 

What’s a package you’d want to see in a return from WPG?

23 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

An interesting team to consider is Winnipeg. Dubois is having a fantastic year over there but he's also a pending RFA and it's anyone's guess as to whether he'll actually extend in Winnipeg long-term.

Winnipeg is a legitimate force that could make some noise come playoff time, not being able to long down their top center this season could be devastating to their ability to compete going forward. 

Winnipeg's top players are all prime aged with the exception of Wheeler and they're built to try and contend sooner than later. 

Horvat to Winnipeg is going to be as a UFA or an agreed to contract.

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It's down to 4 teams...

Detroit, Winnipeg, Boston and Seattle...

It was reported that we were in talks for #1 prospect with a team so…

So let’s speculate..

Boston - Lysell

Kraken - Wright

Jets - ?

Wings - ?

10 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Reason being?

He's a young top 4 RD who's cost controlled, rights controlled and fits their age group. He's one of their most relied on players, playing in all situations, special teams and logging 2nd most ice time among skaters. 

They have no one behind him that makes him expendable. He's a long-term fit already and with how stocked up they're with LD prospects they have a D-corp in the makings with Seider-Hronek as the top 4 RD already.

They have cap next off-season and don't need to make that sort of costly trade. They can just wait for free Agency.

Overall they need to avoid moves where they have to make major sacrifices in order to add because you fill one hole while making another. It won't get them anywhere.

2 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

winnipeg has Chaz Lucius, Lambert, Rutger, and on D they have some R shot D prospects in Lundmark and solomansson- which I do not know anything about, really comes down to scouting here

whats the deal with logan stanley???

I wanted Salomonsson at the draft. If only we would stop trading our 2nd rd picks. 

3 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Interesting pieces.

1 minute ago, Kenny Powers said:

I really wanted Kasper at the draft, but there was no way he was going to fall to us.

I don’t think Edvinsson or Kasper would be OTB, but I’d love to have either one of those guys. Edvinsson is a LHD though, so it wouldn’t resolve our RHD issue and we would have a hole at centre once Bo is gone.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

What’s a package you’d want to see in a return from WPG?

Not sure, I'm not all that familiar with Winnipeg's system tbh 

I'd be asking about Perfetti though, their 2020 10OA pick who's got 26 points in 41 games 

3 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Nemec & Mercer

I doubt Nemec would be really OTB. 

Mercer, Mukhamadullin and Bahl?

Can’t tell if that fair or not, but more LHD’s so doesn’t really fit for the team.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Interesting pieces.

I really wanted Kasper at the draft, but there was no way he was going to fall to us.

I don’t think Edvinsson or Kasper would be OTB, but I’d love to have either one of those guys. Edvinsson is a LHD though, so it wouldn’t resolve our RHD issue and we would have a hole at centre once Bo is gone.

Yeah Winnipeg doesn’t have any RD in the target age range it seems, but I doubt we’ll get both a premium C and RD in this one trade. One piece will likely be a serviceable NHLer

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Kenny Powers said:

Yeah Winnipeg doesn’t have any RD in the target age range it seems, but I doubt we’ll get both a premium C and RD in this one trade. One piece will likely be a serviceable NHLer

We won’t get both, I would go after the best high level prospect available. 

In the end I think we will just go for the basic Lysell, Carlo and 1st package. I want those Wright rumours for Horvat and Lekk to be true, cause I would be all over that

• Cheers 1