The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

If they have both Pettersson and Horvat as untouchables, then it makes it more likely that Miller is the one that gets moved.

That's been pretty obvious to some of us for a while now :lol:

Rutherford keeps talking about getting younger, faster, cheaper... and people keep dancing around the oldest forward, due the biggest raise...:lol:

1eklsb.jpg

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Horvat needs a new deal in summer of 2023, is RNH not a great comparable for the Canucks to use in contract negotiations? Signed 8 yrs with a full NMC for all 8 years with a cap hit of 5.125m??

Why should we give Horvat more? I know he is the captain, but he really is a 2nd line C who gets in the 50-60pt range...if he wants 7m or more with term I think I would rather give JT more $ and trade Captain Bo Vs. giving him a long term 7m or more deal

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Horvat needs a new deal in summer of 2023, is RNH not a great comparable for the Canucks to use in contract negotiations? Signed 8 yrs with a full NMC for all 8 years with a cap hit of 5.125m??

Why should we give Horvat more? I know he is the captain, but he really is a 2nd line C who gets in the 50-60pt range...if he wants 7m or more with term I think I would rather give JT more $ and trade Captain Bo Vs. giving him a long term 7m or more deal

6x6 is OK in my books. Brings him to age 34.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, coryberg said:

6x6 is OK in my books. Brings him to age 34.

Ya that would be my max for his current output, I see the price being more for him to stay here though. He may bet on himself and not sign an extension this off season in hopes he has a career year in a...contract year!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Ya that would be my max for his current output, I see the price being more for him to stay here though. He may bet on himself and not sign an extension this off season in hopes he has a career year in a...contract year!

He's got a young family. i think he's going to go with stability. If he can be offered 8 years, I think he takes that, but it'd be less than 6M. 5.75M for 8 years. 

On 1/30/2022 at 8:33 PM, qwijibo said:

You think Horvat is worth 3 recent high 1st round picks (including the 1st oa just a season and a half ago) plus another 1st round pick?  That’s insane.  

Lol true enough ..Horvats the most overated canuck

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

9 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

He's got a young family. i think he's going to go with stability. If he can be offered 8 years, I think he takes that, but it'd be less than 6M. 5.75M for 8 years. 

That's the nice thing about Horvat. Either he signs for 5-6 years where we get all his 'prime' years before his 32-33 year old drop off at probably $6m-something, or he signs for max term where he's 'underpaid' through his prime and a touch 'overpaid' as the 3C he likely is by those last couple years (with rising cap to help compensate). 

THAT is why he's the guy to keep vs Miller.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

That's the nice thing about Horvat. Either he signs for 5-6 years where we get all his 'prime' years before his 32-33 year old drop off at probably $6m-something, or he signs for max term where he's 'underpaid' through his prime and a touch 'overpaid' as the 3C he likely is by those last couple years (with rising cap to help compensate). 

THAT is why he's the guy to keep vs Miller.

Yep. I agree. 

You think Miller could sign for 6 years at 7M? 

42 minutes ago, Rackdawg said:

Lol true enough ..Horvats the most overated canuck

Aren’t centers generally more valuable? He’s a decent 2nd line centre, probably an elite 3rd line centre on a contending team. 

• Like 1